[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Indeed, offset symmetry is broken both radially and mirrored, snaps the other parts to the intended location after rotating.

Can you verify that it works in 1.0.5, please?

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you verify that it works in 1.0.5, please?

never mind, I just did.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL

I'll check this out this evening.  

Where are those parts from, they obviously aren't stock

They're from my mod Real Ships, the fusion between WW2 Warships and Big Ships. More info here:

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL

I'll check this out this evening.  

Where are those parts from, they obviously aren't stock

Fixed:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv6ejk27m0ymtkn/EditorExtensionsRedux-3.2.1.2.zip?dl=0

7 hours ago, Azimech said:

They're from my mod Real Ships, the fusion between WW2 Warships and Big Ships. More info here:

Cool.

Anyway, I found and fixed it, available here, please test: (deleted)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just tested this on OSX 10.11.4 with mono 4.2 SR2 (4.2.3.4), KSP 1196, and EEX dos not work at all, this is a fresh install of OSX and KSP

Found this in the log

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EditorExtensions': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EditorExtensions.AppLauncherButton' from assembly 'EditorExtensions, Version=2.12.5652.24831, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Log File

Suits is stopping me testing on Linux

11 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Thank you for updating the mod for 1.1.  Editor Extensions is one of my favorite mods.  I know it's been said before...this needs to be a stock feature.

Sidebar: how do I add reputation points to another user (linuxgurugamer)?  There used to be a button by the member's name in the old forum format.  I must be blind.

Click the "Like This" button in the lower right corner of the post. That will grant the user one rep point.

58 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Just tested this on OSX 10.11.4 with mono 4.2 SR2 (4.2.3.4), KSP 1196, and EEX dos not work at all, this is a fresh install of OSX and KSP

Found this in the log

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'EditorExtensions': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EditorExtensions.AppLauncherButton' from assembly 'EditorExtensions, Version=2.12.5652.24831, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Log File

Suits is stopping me testing on Linux

Thanks.

I'll ask for help, this is beyond me.

Can you load any other mods on OSX, I don't see anything else in the log file?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Like I said it was fresh install, only mod I have tried so far

ok, when you can, could you try any other mod, I need to know if this is specific to EEX or all mods

My OSX system isn't starting KSP, it finishes the loading and then just hangs.

thanks

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ok, when you can, could you try any other mod, I need to know if this is specific to EEX or all mods

My OSX system isn't starting KSP, it finishes the loading and then just hangs.

thanks

It's pretty squirrely on the latest OSX, it worked much better on Yosemite, but I can get it going, I just put module manager in and got the right messages, also KER is working.

Edited by selfish_meme

58 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

It's pretty squirrely on the latest OSX, it worked much better on Yosemite, but I can get it going, I just put module manager in and got the right messages, also KER is working.

I got my OSX working, and loaded the latest EEX (3.2.1.3), KSP loaded it without a problem.  I loaded EEX via the same download link.

Please download and try again:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gy49plks1zzcom/EditorExtensionsRedux-3.2.1.3.zip?dl=0

Can you please tell me which OS version you are running?  So far, I've been able to run the mod on OSX, Yosemite, and have not seen the problems you reported, both with the Reflection not working and with not being able to load the mod at all.

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I am using El Capitan, as I said Yosemite used to be better, I am also using the 64bit version, even KSP is a squirrely

New test release, version 3.2.1.4:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzid7e3pW1k7eGF3QkU2X2owVnM

This fixes the last problem with the SelectRoot2 functionality

First off, 

New test release of EEX, version 3.2.1.4:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzid7e3pW1k7eGF3QkU2X2owVnM

Secondly, so far you @selfish_meme are the only person so far whose reported problems both on Linux and Mac.  I finally got my Mac running KSP1.1 (had to shut down a few more options), and it was able to load EEX and any other mod I tried.  What I find interesting is that you are having the same problem on the Mac AND Linux.  So I'm wondering if there might be an Antivirus, either on your system or upstream of you, which might be corrupting the download file.

The link in this post is a Google Drive link.  Why don't you copy it to your Google Drive and download it that way, and then see how it goes?

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New test release, version 3.2.1.4:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzid7e3pW1k7eGF3QkU2X2owVnM

First off, 

New test release of EEX, version 3.2.1.4:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzid7e3pW1k7eGF3QkU2X2owVnM

Secondly, so far you @selfish_meme are the only person so far whose reported problems both on Linux and Mac.  I finally got my Mac running KSP1.1 (had to shut down a few more options), and it was able to load EEX and any other mod I tried.  What I find interesting is that you are having the same problem on the Mac AND Linux.  So I'm wondering if there might be an Antivirus, either on your system or upstream of you, which might be corrupting the download file.

The link in this post is a Google Drive link.  Why don't you copy it to your Google Drive and download it that way, and then see how it goes?

Well not the same problem Linux runs eex just fine its the nooffsetlimits it doesn't like, my mac will not run eex at all. Are you testing on 64bit or 32bit versions I asked myself today? Mine are all 64bit.

64 bit.

What version of Linux are you running?

I'm going to guess that if you look in the log file, you will see the same reflection errors as before.

Can you file a bug report with Squad?  First check the log, and you can see my bug report here: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8573

Either reference it or add to it.  

Thanks

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

64 bit.

What version of Linux are you running?

I'm going to guess that if you look in the log file, you will see the same reflection errors as before.

Can you file a bug report with Squad?  First check the log, and you can see my bug report here: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8573

Either reference it or add to it.  

Thanks

I'm running Ubuntu 15.10, it works fine in my 1.05 install, just not in 1.1.