[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

Umm, no idea.  This mod has been ultra stable, I’m using it in my 1.10.1 game without any problems.

You say you installed the latest KER, is that the version for 1.11?  Seems to me you need to look at the last change you made to the install, maybe downgrade KER

Yes latest KER for 1.11. Looking back at the log I posted, it actually crashed after the QuickStart autosave. I had another crash this weekend- no time to post it now - but again it crashed immediately after the QuickStart autosave. This time it went into an infinite loop and filled the the player log  to > 100MB. I removed QuickStart, kept KER and reinstalled EEX... so far so good. It still has the EEX XMLserializers error but it seems benign. It's an intermittent issue so I need more testing.

Well, still no joy.  Eventually it crashed again in VAB. I was placing some struts and it just stopped responding and filled the player log with Line 109 errors again:

Spoiler

strutConnector added to ship - part count: 51

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

strutConnector added to ship - part count: 52

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Resource ID out of range in GetResource: 1048576 (max is 1048575)

(Filename: c:\buildslave\unity\build\runtime\gfxdevice\GfxResourceIDMap.h Line: 109)

Resource ID out of range in SetResource: 1048576 (max is 1048575)

(Filename: c:\buildslave\unity\build\runtime\gfxdevice\GfxResourceIDMap.h Line: 109)

Resource ID out of range in SetResource: 1048576 (max is 1048575)

Resource ID out of range in GetResource: 1048578 (max is 1048575)

Resource ID out of range in SetResource: 1048578 (max is 1048575)

Resource ID out of range in SetResource: 1048578 (max is 1048575)

Resource ID out of range in GetResource: 1048580 (max is 1048575)

Resource ID out of range in SetResource: 1048580 (max is 1048575)

KSP log

Player log

I still think it's KER but it did this with prior versions too. Just remembered the EEX error started after some contracts mods that I installed, didn't work and I removed. Maybe something messed up the core KSP. Well, I think I'll try a new KSP 1.11 install with KER only to see how that works. 

3 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

I've just reinstalled after taking a break for a while... I thought EEX was the mod that I used to change the details of one part, but not the details of the other part in symmetry?

You have to take the part out of symmetry.

Yeah, thanks for the reply and the attention, considering I've not got an actual complex problem. I remember seeing it in the right click menu (I could be wrong, it's been... an interesting year). I'm not seeing it. Have I got it wrong? Was there a key I had to click?

Haha... Oh I need more sleep. Read the first post. Thanks for your patience, mate.

Edited by SmarterThanMe

On 1/6/2021 at 11:37 PM, Krazy1 said:

Well, I think I'll try a new KSP 1.11 install with KER only to see how that works. 

I did a fresh 1.11 copy from my Steam install, new science mode game... got the same EEX XmlSerializer errors as before (on KSP 1.10.1). I did notice that those errors only happen the first time entering the VAB in a game session. 

I added all my mods back in and *so far* no issues in game despite this error message. 

Just a wild guess, maybe they pushed out a .NET update that wrecked something? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started checking out 1.11.0; testing my usual complement of mods (not many because potato) one at a time before I migrate from 1.10.1.  The first being EEX as, well,  I can't live without it.  So all I've got installed is:

• KSP 1.11.0.3045 (LinuxPlayer) en-us (with Breaking Ground and Making History)
  • ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.10.15
  • ToolBarControl 0.1.9.4
  • EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.1.1

While I haven't checked everything yet, one issue is that in 'fine adjust', the keys aren't working.  I usually have them set them to the numeric pad cursor and PgUp/PgDn keys, but tried resetting to defaults and still no joy.

In the console, on each keypress:

TargetParameterCountException: Number of parameters specified does not match the expected number.

The pertinent bit in ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log seems to be (after 'Uploading Crash Report'):

TargetParameterCountException: Number of parameters specified does not match the expected number.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) [0x00016] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00011] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Int32 methodnum, System.Object[] args) [0x00007] in <590d20cefc164be681e956b6edf212b2>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.Update () [0x00e86] in <590d20cefc164be681e956b6edf212b2>:0 

(Filename: <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6> Line: 0)

Hope that's sufficient info; I currently don't have anywhere to post logs but I can sort something out if needed.

16 hours ago, kayelem said:

While I haven't checked everything yet, one issue is that in 'fine adjust', the keys aren't working.  I usually have them set them to the numeric pad cursor and PgUp/PgDn keys, but tried resetting to defaults and still no joy.

I have the same issue, but I just use Precise Editor anyway as I prefer the UI. Everything else seems to work for me though.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, kayelem said:

I've just started checking out 1.11.0; testing my usual complement of mods (not many because potato) one at a time before I migrate from 1.10.1.  The first being EEX as, well,  I can't live without it.  So all I've got installed is:

• KSP 1.11.0.3045 (LinuxPlayer) en-us (with Breaking Ground and Making History)
  • ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.10.15
  • ToolBarControl 0.1.9.4
  • EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.1.1

In the console, on each keypress:

The pertinent bit in ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log seems to be (after 'Uploading Crash Report'):

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) [0x00016] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00011] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.Refl.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Int32 methodnum, System.Object[] args) [0x00007] in <590d20cefc164be681e956b6edf212b2>:0 
  at EditorExtensionsRedux.EditorExtensions.Update () [0x00e86] in <590d20cefc164be681e956b6edf212b2>:0 

(Filename: <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6> Line: 0)

Hope that's sufficient info; I currently don't have anywhere to post logs but I can sort something out if needed.

Hmmm.  Looks like im going to have to recompile for 1.11.  Not going to happen right away, I have to finish up a bug fix on 1.10.1 first.  I’ll see if I can get something set up soon; I may be abe to do a simple buils and provide the dll in a simple zip in the next few days.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I have downloaded the mod and it works fine, except that i cannot click on the mod-icon, in order to go to the settings of this mod. How can i acces the settings?

I would like to add, that the mod's features that dont require the settings menu do infact work normally.

Edited by Mogol109
Further clarification of problem

• 4 weeks later...

There are times that I end up painted in a corner performance-wise in the editor when trying to use high numbers in symmetry and accidentally select a high part count subsection of the craft instead of the tiny single part I was trying to click on.  And if I have symmetry set to something like 16 that can mean 30 minutes of trying to regain control of the editor as 16 copies of 400+ parts each flail spasmodically around the screen every 42 seconds.  Sometimes it is because I forgot I had a high symmetry N set, other times I just click the wrong pixel because of GUI lag or fumbles.

Maybe a check box (hotkey?) that will drop the symmetry back to 1 on select if the GUI slows down to <  N FPS and symmetry*partcount of selection is > M then drop symmetry back to 1 with N and M being user configurable?

Edited by darthgently

29 minutes ago, darthgently said:

There are times that I end up painted in a corner performance-wise in the editor when trying to use high numbers in symmetry and accidentally select a high part count subsection of the craft instead of the tiny single part I was trying to click on.  And if I have symmetry set to something like 16 that can mean 30 minutes of trying to regain control of the editor as 16 copies of 400+ parts each flail spasmodically around the screen every 42 seconds.  Sometimes it is because I forgot I had a high symmetry N set, other times I just click the wrong pixel because of GUI lag or fumbles.

Maybe a check box (hotkey?) that will drop the symmetry back to 1 on select if the GUI slows down to <  N FPS and symmetry*partcount of selection is > M then drop symmetry back to 1 with N and M being user configurable?

This would be in the category of FeatureCreeparitious.  Sorry, it's work which is rarely needed, not going to happen for now

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This would be in the category of FeatureCreeparitious.  Sorry, it's work which is rarely needed, not going to happen for now

I don't see it as feeping creaturism as it is EE that allows the increase in symmetry in the first place; this would just put a governor on its performance impact.  If you don't have time that is understandable, but I doubt I'm the only person who would find that it valuable nor has been bitten by the NxM selection explosion and subsequent frame rate implosion so hard to see it as a "feature".   Unless having doors on a car is a feature, lol.

How about a hotkey that simply drops symmetry to 1?  That is all it would do.  So on the next GUI Update() it all would return to normal?  Actually a that hotkey would be nice if only to not have to press the cycle key repeatedly when dropping symmetry

Edited by darthgently

8 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Alt+X by default. Alt+C to remove angle snap

or maybe its Ctrl instead of Alt. Dunno why I can't remember I do it all the time lol

Those increase/decrease by 1.  I'm talking a hotkey that instantly drops symmetry to 1.  Thanks though

Oops, didn't see the 'alt'.  I'll try that, thanks!

Edited by darthgently

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Alt+X by default. Alt+C to remove angle snap

or maybe its Ctrl instead of Alt. Dunno why I can't remember I do it all the time lol

I couldn't find a single combination of modifier keys and X that reset symmetry to 1 in a single press.  Shift-X decreases by 1,  X increases, beyond that nada. This is on linux, so, who knows

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

I couldn't find a single combination of modifier keys and X that reset symmetry to 1 in a single press.  Shift-X decreases by 1,  X increases, beyond that nada. This is on linux, so, who knows

I'm sure pressing the keyboard number (top row not keypad) does this on mine ie press 1? ( I might be mixing it up with something else though)

6 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

It is 100% Alt-X, but you have to hit it twice.

Ok, figured it out.  Under linux it is RShift-X.  Keymappings differ across OSes

8 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

I'm sure pressing the keyboard number (top row not keypad) does this on mine ie press 1? ( I might be mixing it up with something else though)

"1" selects part selection mode; as opposed to offset ("2"), rotate part ("3"), and select root ("4").

I think these are the same across OSes. 

The RShift-X worked for me.  RShift is the 'Alt' on linux generally

Thanks for the feedback and help, ppl!

• 2 months later...

hey :) So I'm one of those people that finds the B key to be absolutely brilliant and scratches that particular itch (I think you know what I mean) I've recently noticed in settings it can be changed from 5m to whatever - (I manually do this as 5m is too high for my tastes, but i do love it being centred :)) unfortunately its one of those stupid sliders where you can get every number except the one you actually want :) I'm aiming for 2.5m - so I thought there must be a way to change this in a file somewhere seeing as the slider is about as useful as a chocolate teapot - but I can't find said file (I can find various settings but no reference to 5.0m setting :(

Any help on this one? :)

On 5/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, MR L A said:

hey :) So I'm one of those people that finds the B key to be absolutely brilliant and scratches that particular itch (I think you know what I mean) I've recently noticed in settings it can be changed from 5m to whatever - (I manually do this as 5m is too high for my tastes, but i do love it being centred :)) unfortunately its one of those stupid sliders where you can get every number except the one you actually want :) I'm aiming for 2.5m - so I thought there must be a way to change this in a file somewhere seeing as the slider is about as useful as a chocolate teapot - but I can't find said file (I can find various settings but no reference to 5.0m setting :(

Any help on this one? :)

Slider goes from 0 to 20, in , I believe, 0.2m increments.  That should give you either 2.4 or 2.6.  If you really want 2.5, you will need to edit the game file, look for the vars

vabHeight
sphHeight

and change them accordingly