[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Torih said:

Not sure if you are looking at the right thing. a stock install with angle snap off rotates freely. EEX used to do it also a version or 2 ago.

Bah!  Grrrr!

I was looking at something else.

OK, this is the gizmo, i wasn't looking at that.

OK, I found it.  Next update will have the fix

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just released 3.2.12:

Fixed rotation gizmo to not angle snap when anglesnap is off
Replaced code which did FindObjectsOftype with GizmoEvents class for performance improvement
Updated FineAdjustments window to detect which gizmo is active

9 hours ago, awang said:

Still get a significant FPS drop. Not as severe as before -- ~100-120 fps to ~40.

This and earlier measurements were from KerboKatz's FPS viewer.

In the debug menu, stock drops from ~180 fps to ~45 fps. My fully modded install went from ~60 fps to ~50 fps, if my memory is working. The displayed frames per second were definitely lower than what the debug menu said in that case.

@awang I just released 3.2.12, should fix your issue.  Please let me know

Hey linuxgurugamer, wanted to start off by saying I absolutely love your mod.  It's amazing.  Saves me a lot of time trying to place my struts and fuel lines perfectly.  Being a perfectionist I spent an ungodly amount of time making sure everything was symmetrical before I found your mod.

Wanted to report a bug I've found, I recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube here:

For whatever reason, the strut snapping does not work with the LFB KR-1x2 "Twin Boar" Liquid Fuel Engine. I have not use this mods or any as long as some other people, but I can say for a fact that the strut snapping has not worked on this engine with your mod for at least the 1.0 update. The same goes for the fuel lines.  As far as I can tell, all the other snaps work flawlessly, it just seems to be this engine giving me trouble, but since I use this engine in almost every rocket, it's become quite a nuisance.  Not sure exactly what is happening, the part is still there as the total part count does not decrease after it disappears. Perhaps it is going inside the body of the rocket? Either way, not as intended.

Just wanted to let you know about that, tried to be as descriptive as possible and made the video to try to save you time if you decide to fix it.    Good luck and keep up the great work!  Thanks!

Edited by GoldenGonzo

2 hours ago, toric5 said:

it is impossible to close fine ajustments window.

the fine ajustments window also does not let you change any values.

Hmmm.  Fix 2, get another.

Tonite I'll fix this, will not make any other changes.  Hopefully I can get it stable.

Anything else going on that you know of?

19 minutes ago, GoldenGonzo said:

Hey linuxgurugamer, wanted to start off by saying I absolutely love your mod.  It's amazing.  Saves me a lot of time trying to place my struts and fuel lines perfectly.  Being a perfectionist I spent an ungodly amount of time making sure everything was symmetrical before I found your mod.

Wanted to report a bug I've found, I recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube here:

For whatever reason, the strut snapping does not work with the LFB KR-1x2 "Twin Boar" Liquid Fuel Engine. I have not use this mods or any as long as some other people, but I can say for a fact that the strut snapping has not worked on this engine with your mod for at least the 1.0 update. The same goes for the fuel lines.  As far as I can tell, all the other snaps work flawlessly, it just seems to be this engine giving me trouble, but since I use this engine in almost every rocket, it's become quite a nuisance.  Not sure exactly what is happening, the part is still there as the total part count does not decrease after it disappears. Perhaps it is going inside the body of the rocket? Either way, not as intended.

Just wanted to let you know about that, tried to be as descriptive as possible and made the video to try to save you time if you decide to fix it.    Good luck and keep up the great work!  Thanks!

I'll take a look, but I think it's a problem with the engine.  I recall having some issues with it as well.

Just now, GoldenGonzo said:

Wow, that was a fast reply.  Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time.

If it is the engine, there really won't be anything that I can do about it.  Just one of those things, the engine module will need to be updated.

anyway, I'll be looking at it this evening, just to see if it is the engine or if something might be done in the future.

FYI, there is a mod called "StrutFinder" which can help you find those missing struts/fuellines.  Might help you figure out what is happening.

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anything else going on that you know of?

Not a big thing, but the angles are not saved any more when you exit the vab/sph. Few versions ago it was persistent.

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If it is the engine, there really won't be anything that I can do about it.  Just one of those things, the engine module will need to be updated.

anyway, I'll be looking at it this evening, just to see if it is the engine or if something might be done in the future.

FYI, there is a mod called "StrutFinder" which can help you find those missing struts/fuellines.  Might help you figure out what is happening.

Great recommendation.  Unfortunately it looks like it is one update behind so CKAN won't let me install it, so I'll have to wait.  I'm going to keep an eye on it though.  Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, GoldenGonzo said:

Great recommendation.  Unfortunately it looks like it is one update behind so CKAN won't let me install it, so I'll have to wait.  I'm going to keep an eye on it though.  Thanks again.

Its most probably compatible, you could just install it manually until its updated for ckan.

Just released 3.2.13:

Fixed Fine Adjustments window (inability to close it or change the values)
Now saves both angle snap value and whether it was on/off after exiting editor session
Fixed issue with fine adjust translation wouldn't work if snap was on

6 hours ago, Torih said:

Its most probably compatible, you could just install it manually until its updated for ckan.

Here is a recompiled version of StrutFinder for 1.1.2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lyrfytvsf3yjgz/StrutFinder.zip?dl=0

Click the button to show all struts.

Hold alt while clicking the button and a window will open listing the struts

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, JaffaPadawan said:

Hello,

This mod is really great. I downloaded it mainly for the No Offset Limits thing though, and for some reason it isn't working. It seems to be working for other people, but I can't find the reason it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Yes.  What version of KSP?  

Please send me your log file (output_log.txt) so I can take a look.

thanks

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes.  What version of KSP?  

Please send me your log file (output_log.txt) so I can take a look.

thanks

Wow. Even though I have installed/uninstalled over and over again, it suddenly decides to work now.:confused:                                                            No idea why. I don't think I still need to send you the log file though, right?

Thanks for replying, though.

Edited by JaffaPadawan
spelling

4 minutes ago, JaffaPadawan said:

Wow. Even though I have installed/uninstalled over and over again, it suddenly decides to work now.:confused:                                                            No idea why. I don't think I still need to send you the log file though, right?

Thanks for replying, though.

Not unless it happens again

Also, config.xml indicates the ZoomSelected key is NP0.  That's also the delete key for the part.

Finally, ALT-Z is PartClipping.  What is that?  I know what clipping is.  How does it apply in the context of EEX?

Thanks for updating this mod.  For me, it is a MUST HAVE for one reason: changing the attachment mode with the T-key.  Every other function is a nice to have.

Edited by Apollo13

When moving the mouse over the toolbar button, a small menu will open up, the fine adjustment window will be selectable from there.

The ZoomSelected was an unfinished experimental feature from the original author.  It never really worked, so I'll be removing it soon.

The Alt-Z is a shortcut to the cheat menu which says "Allow Part Clipping in Editors".  Use at your own risk.

41 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

I still don't understand " Allow Part Clipping in Editors ".  What exactly does that do in EEX?  Does it mean placing parts inside other parts?  If so, that's stock.

I believe that means you can attach multiple parts to the same node. Or, it's a throwback to when clipping was disabled and SUPER ANNOYING because things that weren't clipped wouldn't place because reasons.

3 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

I still don't understand " Allow Part Clipping in Editors ".  What exactly does that do in EEX?  Does it mean placing parts inside other parts?  If so, that's stock.

It is an on/off switch for the stock thing that doesn't involve going into the cheat menu. That's all.