Selected ships in map view

Problem: in map view, if there are many ships in orbit of a body, it is difficult to see which ship I am flying and which ship I have selected as the target.

Suggested solution: display the ship icons in the same colour as their orbit line

An even better solution would to be able to filter out different craft.... lol

Oh wait!... An even BETTER solution would be the ability to click a craft/object, and have it "disappear" from the current view... Maybe have a "reset view" button to show all filtered craft again...

You must have a lot of ships in orbit to be unable to identify your target, once selected mainly from the names I don't see the problem of just having its orbit change color. That is the only thing that you need to know or interact with. 

@Stone Blue

You can sort out craft types by putting your cursor to the middle top of the screen in map view. You can always label a craft as debris as of right now as its disabled by default(so it disapears).  This might be affected by your settings for constant debris, never tested it since mine is kinda high and I try not to add to Kessler syndrome haha.

1 hour ago, MKI said:

You must have a lot of ships in orbit to be unable to identify your target, once selected mainly from the names I don't see the problem of just having its orbit change color. That is the only thing that you need to know or interact with. 

@Stone Blue

You can sort out craft types by putting your cursor to the middle top of the screen in map view. You can always label a craft as debris as of right now as its disabled by default(so it disapears).  This might be affected by your settings for constant debris, never tested it since mine is kinda high and I try not to add to Kessler syndrome haha.

Thanx... But I know that...Thats why the lol at the end of my sentence... :)

I added the 2nd part, and agree with this idea, as there is no way to separate "satellites" from "probes".... Try having just a 6-sat comm network (4 KEO, 2 polar); a 24-sat GPS network in HKO; or 4 space stations; several manned craft; and some ACTUAL probes all in orbit at the same time...THEN tell us one craft's orbit, or one craft can be picked out of the "spaghetti"... :D

Oh, and yes, you can sort of use the omni/dish/all icons in the bottom right to SORT OF, hide some craft, but again, very limited in specificity...

Edited by Stone Blue

Well you don't need that many if they are in close proximity to have a problem trying to see orbits and select a certain craft.

For instance rescuing a Kerbal puts at least two craft close together then adds the Kerbal themselves to the mix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.