[1.0.5] Xenon Inductocatalyzer

MrChumley

This adds a small XenonScoop "Inductocatalyzer" part, and Atmo resource 

Allows player to extract Xenon from atmospheric worlds.

For Kerbal Space Program [1.0.5] 

Album Link

VeYQ3dp.png

UyPWWDq
  By MrChumley - based on original .cfg file by NovaSilisko uses model and texture by porkjet
  REQUIRES ModuleManager! http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50533

D/L Link: https://github.com/MrChumley/XenonScoop/releases

Installation: Place the XenonScoop folder inside your KSP/Gamedata folder.

Please note:  This is essentially just a ModuleManager .cfg. It reuses meshes and textures from the existing radial intake. Includes a new resource (Atmo) to let it use non-oxygenated atmospheres too.  Based on original .cfg file by NovaSilisko, uses built-in model and textures by porkjet.

Enjoy. :)

License= CC0

Edited by MrChumley
Learning new format.

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Why not make it use IntakeAtmosphere from the Community Resource Pack? That would help alot for it.

What other mods use IntakeAtmosphere?  Using a "new resource" prevents unintended conflicts.  If you meant "IntakeAir", that is already used by default, and requires that the atmosphere contains Oxygen.

I spent awhile balancing everything, and making sure that this didn't feel like "cheating".  It actually requires that you get down into some of the thicker atmosphere, and it also requires a decent amount of power, so you will have to use some brain power to make use of it.

Mr Betelgeuse, and Asmosdues - I suspect that you are thinking of something along the lines of a Bussard collector.  In which case it would be a part that uses tons of power, and possibly work kinda like a solar panel in so far as being close to the sun (and angled into it) would SLOWLY create LiquidFuel (AKA Hydrogen) from the interplanetary/interstellar medium.  I'd be happy to help with the .cfg (and testing) of such a part, but I'm afraid that I'm not advanced enough in the 3-D modeling aspect to do it by myself (yet).

Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any problems. I appreciate the feedback. :)

NLQBiGU.png

Edited by MrChumley
added pic.

4 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

What other mods use IntakeAtmosphere?  Using a "new resource" prevents unintended conflicts.

The IntakeAtmosphere is a resource added by the Community Resource Pack, many mods use it to standardize resources. I have the link for the mod here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83007-105-community-resource-pack-0470-20151114/
You don't have to use it but it prevents conflicts in the long run.

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

The IntakeAtmosphere is a resource added by the Community Resource Pack, many mods use it to standardize resources. I have the link for the mod here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83007-105-community-resource-pack-0470-20151114/
You don't have to use it but it prevents conflicts in the long run.

Took a bit of study, but I think that If I would have used IntakeAtm it would interfere with the workings of the Thermal Turbojet from KSPI.  There is no IntakeAtmosphere in CRP.  I'll see what I can do about integrating with the CRP though. Thanks for bring this to my attention.

I'm actually surprised nobody has brought up the 80 m/s crash tolerance yet :D  That will be "nerfed" soon.  So much work for a lowly .cfg file...  Anyways I am interested in any reports from people actually USING this mod.

It is on github, and the license is CC0, and if you fork your own version I am more than willing to collaborate.  I'm doing my best not to step on any toes, and learning as I go.  Thats part of what makes this community so awesome. :D

Edited by MrChumley

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.