[WIP] German WWII rockets including never built absurdities

TiktaalikDreaming

40 minutes ago, argentrolf said:

@TiktaalikDreaming so i just looked and i dont see the parachute nosecone OR the coupler... are those new to 1.3?

They should be there. The only changes with 1.3 were to add a title field to the manufacturer. That said, I haven't actually checked. I'll check shortly. The decoupler should really definitely be there. It's not unknown for me to stuff up and forget a part in packing up a mod though.

hey i don't know about this but i have a suggestion.... maybe you could do some of the turbine engines (turbojets, turboprops) that the germans were producing or planning to by the end of the war, turning the pack into some sort of ''late war german aeronautical fantasy pack'. i have a couple of books with metric ton of data for even the unbuilt engines, just something that popped into my mind.

@TiktaalikDreaming, i DO have UbM, RT, and CTT... so it might have gotten arranged somewhere completely pointless? (the a10-a4 fairing is in the third tier, while the rest of the a10 is in start...) ill take a look in sandbox mode and see if i can find do it there.

@halowraith1, that would be a massive package... the flying wing/wedge, the extended agregate-series, and the heli prototype (that would have never gotten off the ground) to name a few... nice idea, but thatd be a lot to do, and then to download

8 hours ago, argentrolf said:

my mistake, then... but even that would be a lot

I dunno. jet engines are basically just tubes in terms of modelling; even less than that if it's just the exhaust section. i had a go myself not that long ago and it didn't take too long to make something accurate, albeit of low detail. somehow they never appeared in the parts menu at all so i gave up.

anyway, the idea of using underpowered, unreliable engines has always appealed to me somehow, and the german jet engines of that era (built or not) were nothing but underpowered and unreliable, save for a couple.

actually, it was the texturing i was talking about... seems most modders, especially the better ones, try to be acurate in the details... and the engine parts (and intakes for many of them) would be a lot of different textures, and then the individual stats to keep from having multiple identicals with different skins... dont get me wrong, id love to see a package of ww2 engines (especially the Me- and Ju- plane engines), i just don't see it happening any time soon...

12 hours ago, argentrolf said:

@TiktaalikDreaming, i DO have UbM, RT, and CTT... so it might have gotten arranged somewhere completely pointless? (the a10-a4 fairing is in the third tier, while the rest of the a10 is in start...) ill take a look in sandbox mode and see if i can find do it there.

TechRequired is completely wrong on the decoupler.  I think I might need to go through all the configs and fix a few things up.

TechRequired = largeVolumeContainment
    title = A-12 Interstage frame and decoupler
    description = This goes between the A4 Engine and A10 Fuel tanks

One or two things.  Per part.

Regarding jet engines.

I'm not averse to adding them in, but I feel I should at least texture the existing parts before moving on to new ones.  And, this mod is one I'd like to keep the RO config up to date with, so there will be no jet engines without accompanying realism configs for, so I'd need some fairly solid data.  The one "jet" engine in the mod, the A-9 ramjet, was a serious pig to get right with realism overhaul.

1 hour ago, crasher925 said:

I seem to be missing parts heres my list

Qa71Gv2.jpg

That's pretty much the parts.  It looks like I accidentally copied the non-functional nose wheel into the release mod, but apart from that, the part list looks pretty right.

18 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

That's pretty much the parts.  It looks like I accidentally copied the non-functional nose wheel into the release mod, but apart from that, the part list looks pretty right.

really? because i cant make a proper V2 or am i missing a mod for that?

EDIT: wait i need tweak scale done i? speaking of which your really need to make a proper front page for your mod :sticktongue:

Edited by crasher925

No tweak scale needed, in fact I doubt tweak scale works with it.  If you have firespitter core, you should be able to colour switch the A-4 parts from post WWII yellow/black for testing to plain green.  But there's no tweakscale config.

Parts for the A-4 aka V-2 numbered from top to bottom,

Hb7UQMq.jpg

Should look a bit like;

gFAIqPw.png

2 hours ago, tmccreight651 said:

um, i downloaded this mod from spacedock. And everytime i launch the game with the mod installed it crashes? any help or am i missing a dependency? 

There's no code, just parts.  The only way it will cause a crash is if it's the last straw, pushing you over a RAM limit or something like that.  If you can provide a log, I can let you know what went wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Love the Mod  but  as of the last version for 1.3  I am unable to unzip the folder  or install it I ran into this before and the person building the mod changed the zip format  I am running windows 10 without any zip programs just the widows native  unzip program.   PLease repost with a zip format that is supported by windows thank you Gerald

Edited by GERALD
spelling corection

4 hours ago, GERALD said:

HI Love the Mod  but  as of the last version for 1.3  I am unable to unzip the folder  or install it I ran into this before and the person building the mod changed the zip format  I am running windows 10 without any zip programs just the widows native  unzip program.   PLease repost with a zip format that is supported by windows thank you Gerald

Thanks for letting me know.  I accidentally left 7zip in bzip2 mode.  Uploading 0.16b, which uses stock standard zip-deflate