How many flights do you have "in progress"?

problemecium

How many flights do you have "in progress"?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many flights do you have "in progress" EXCLUDING flags, asteroids, and debris?

• 0-5
    • 6-15
    • 16-30
    • 31-50
    • 51+ (please comment!)
  2. 2. How many flights do you have "in progress" INCLUDING flags, but EXCLUDING asteroids and debris?

• 0-5
    • 6-15
    • 16-30
    • 31-50
    • 51+ (please comment!)
  3. 3. How many flights do you have "in progress" INCLUDING flags, asteroids, and debris?

• 0-5
    • 6-15
    • 16-30
    • 31-50
    • 51-100
    • 101+ (please comment!)

In your "main" save I mean, whether that be Career or Sandbox mode. I myself currently have 25, including debris, flags, and leftover junk from rescue contracts. It's somewhat more than I generally like to keep around, but I've started to wonder just how many everyone else is generally managing.

If you have an extraordinary number, or a peculiar reason for your vote, please comment here!

Note: There are three different questions, so you'll have three different votes based on whether you're counting flags, asteroids, and debris. If you can't be bothered to sort out all the numbers and aren't confident in your estimate, feel free to only vote for one or two of the questions ;)

Edited by parameciumkid

In my current save it's about 38 craft. Lots of probes orbiting and landed on various bodies - one of my missions had a mothership and *ten* separate landers. I could terminate them if I wanted, but I like keeping them there.

Add the flags and it jumps to just over 50. I like to plant one or two on my Kerballed landings.

Add the debris and asteroids and it stays the same. My approach to debris is to push that big red button in the tracking station that I assume FIRES DA LAZOR and makes the debris Go Away. I've paid very little attention to asteroids in this save because I have a modded solar system that ends up with them in boring places, so I only have one tracked.

if I count everything that's docked:

48 ships

15 comms satellites (I count these as infrastructure, not ships, remotetech)

two major ground bases (mun, minmus)

48 debris

and two flags

and I haven't left kerbin's soi yet

edit, kraken just ate the 550 part minmus station...I now have a lot more debris...

Edited by jhousen
condition update

Actual active in transit flights often bounces around 4-8. If I make a new save to check something, it can be as low as 1 or 2. But usually while I'm waiting for a ship to go to Duna, I'll launch another to go visit the Mun again. If I'm only going to the Mun, I may need a second craft to refuel, use as a station, or just fix something else in orbit (docking extra parts on or using KIS/KOS mods).

When it comes to things in orbit/landed/etc it can be upwards of 30 odd. A long save may get around 70, but I try to keep it below that, including debris (but flags/asteroids can be anything).

No idea if it effects game performance, but it's hard keeping track of more than 5 craft, even with "Kerbal Alarm Clock" to help. I'm still stressed I may accidentally let a craft plough into a planet or get swung out by a moons gravity effects, and not notice. In fact I've had to roll back saves hours, because I've hit the landing on a planet perfect, and not remembered I should have gravity captured into Jool half a year back, and my craft is not heading out of the system! Whoops!

The main reason my 0.2(5) saves got so big, is I launched new craft before the transfer window became available. So instead of launching craft V1 to Duna/Eve/Jool, I launched craft V1, with V2 and V3.2 etc etc. :D

Edited by Technical Ben

I have around 30ish active vessels, but the thing is most of them are relics of past missions (although they are still operational, (e.g. Rovers),  thus not debris), but also "permanent" things like satellites and space stations and bases. In terms of actual active missions I never have more than 4-5. Now, including flags I have over 100, and I now wished I hadn't placed so many flags...:P

Considering I've been mainly playing Euro Truck Simulator lately, my "main" save has a two-launch station in LKO, a maintenance shuttle (for Bill), and a random probe from when I was testing SSTOs.

Plus maybe two pieces of debris.  Maybe.

Edited by Slam_Jones
Spelling

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.