OPM texture problem

What exactly to you mean when you say, "the textures won't load" ?  Does the game simply not load when you start it?  That could be just Active Texture Manager crunching a bunch of textures, which might take a while.  Or does the game actually start but the new planets have no textures?  In the latter case, I have no idea other than to suggest you try downloading OPM again.

22 hours ago, Kekkie said:

Reinstalled Kopernicus, still no luck.

But I still want OPM!

How do i do this? Please help, please.

Try ckan. I was having the same problem, but ckan seems to get everything working fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this will be helpful, but I was having the same problem. Seemed I installed Kopernicus Expansion along with OPM by accident. When I pulled the mod out of my install, it was fixed. You'll still need normal Kopernicus however.

Edited by riskyjubles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone got a solution to this problem? I really would like to use OPL and a number of other planet packs, but it seems that some of them have this problem. For example, the New Horizons mod has a few planets with textures, and a few like this, with a slightly different coloration than the ones in OPL. Could it be a problem with Kopernicus or Galactic Neighborhood? I can't think why GN would have an effect, it only rearranges the planets. I posted on the OPL thread but no luck yet.

9KKeWKf.png

EDIT: Going into the planet configs to the

Material
	{
	}

section and removing the .dds extension from the texture and normal map file paths has changed the planets to pure white, like the OP. If anyone else has this problem, that is a good place to start.

Edited by ruiluth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.