What is the most HORRIBLE way one of your kerbals died

322997am

When I first started playing KSP, I went into sand box mode.

Try for orbit by adding MORE boosters.

Reached Kerbin escape velocity and no fuel left.

The flight path was out past the planets and back into the Sun.

Jeb took a long(years) ride out and then long(years) ride back to burn up in the Sun.

Jeb had plenty of time to think while waiting to hit the Sun.

I wanted to test my lander which has command seats. So I teleported it to orbit using Hyperedit - but I forgot that the Kerbals should put up their helmets (of course I reverted the flight)

I never let Kerbals really die, I always load a quicksave or revert the flight.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, kpdavatar said:

When I first started playing KSP, I went into sand box mode.

Try for orbit by adding MORE boosters.

Reached Kerbin escape velocity and no fuel left.

The flight path was out past the planets and back into the Sun.

Jeb took a long(years) ride out and then long(years) ride back to burn up in the Sun.

Jeb had plenty of time to think while waiting to hit the Sun.

Hitting the sun is not easy for experienced players!  Kudos.

During a crew bailout in my (failed) space shuttle, It was falling backwards (?) straight into the ocean, so I got everyone out and when I got Bob out, the shuttle started rolling, causing the wing to struck Bob's head and possibly making brain damage, he died by saving the other 3 members.

Had a Kerbal start rubber-banding after he landed head-first onto the ground and just wouldn't stop accelerating. 

Don't even ask! It's still giving me nightmares :sealed:

Edited by Sarxis

I was landing a class C asteroid on Kerbin, for scientific reasons. But the thing went so fast through the atmosphere at such low altitudes that I knew I had no hope of landing the thing with parachutes. The asteroid hit the ground at about 1100 m/s, exploding every part attached to the asteroid, the resulting impact also killed the asteroid recovery crew instantly (r.i.p crew pod attached to back part of asteroid, the poor guys had no chance of surviving, I wouldn't either after instant deceleration from 1100 m/s to 400 m/s, if not for the sheer force of the impact disintegrating every part, the g forces would reduce a kerbal to green paste. 

Rest in peace, f for respects. At least the asteroid came to a stop, future kerbals will remember the space rock that claimed the lives of two brave kerbonauts as they gather science from it.

Kerbonaut names:

Marsted Kerman (pilot)

Bartdard Kerman (engineer)

:(

Edited by Vezbot
Fixes

On 10/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, purpleivan said:

I'm guessing this kerbal was found with their sticky fingers in Jeb's snacks locker, then not so politely being told they could walk back to Kerbin, by being chucked out of the airlock.

Hopefully the pressurized air to vacuum will cause the kerbal to fly in the right direction to most likely not survive atmospheric re-entry to Kerbin. :D

Picked up a rescue contract, got a hold of the target capsule, had to save and exit.

Came back to play a few days later, forgot I didn't transfer the rescuee, deorbitted the wreckage, pushed the rescue vessel back into orbit, switched vessels.

Didn't even notice I'm missing a kerbal and was surprised to see a dead one listed in my kerbonaut center some time later.

I was testing a rocket in sandbox mode before putting it in my science mode save. Apparently, I made the noob mistake of  putting the coupler first, and the Airstream Protective Shell second. I was burning through my  second stage when I press the button to decouple it.  What happens is, the de-coupler shoots the Airstream Protective Shell forward and the pieces explode while the de-coupler smashes into the service module, containing valuable donut fuel tanks for the trip home. The tanks explode and my kerbal is ejected out of the capsule. I then attempt to EVA to one of my space stations and end up dying due to re-entering the atmosphere and having jeb become a meteor man. 

Got a contract for rescuing a kerbal, stranded in low Kerbin orbit. Accepted, got there and brought him back to the KSC.

He was then immediately strapped back on the very same SSTO that rescued him and sent alone on a one-way mission to Eve's surface

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.