What is the most HORRIBLE way one of your kerbals died

322997am

I think it was when a capsule was going to land after re-entering, I turned on the 4x time warp and pressed one of the roll keys (Q,E). It spun for a split second before all the parts flew off and got destroyed.

Imagine that. Time just goes 4x times faster and then you die immediately after that. I wonder what KSC thought of that.

I do extensive testing of all new rocket designs before be putting into manned service so my kill count is somehow only 3 in the last 9 years lol.

All 3 occurred during the same event, 2 on mission, 1 on the ground at KSC.

2 crew CM was on re-entry into Kerbin after a crew change at Trinity Station-Kerbin. A KOS scripting error on my part caused the chutes to deploy near the end of the burn in & forces tore them from the capsule. I focus on easy recovery & reuse so I always land at KSC or just off the coast. The CM plummeted to the ground & had been in a slight flip due to the chutes deploying early & it altered the landing site by about 0.6km, which...& I still to this day can't believe this, like finding a needle in a haystack, it landed right next to a refueling truck near the SPH & exploded, killing the driver.

Since that day I ALWAYS record all launches & returns in case something once in a lifetime like that happens again.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:40 PM, IllicitMedic said:

...& I still to this day can't believe this, like finding a needle in a haystack, it landed right next to a refueling truck near the SPH & exploded, killing the driver.

Since that day I ALWAYS record all launches & returns in case something once in a lifetime like that happens again.

RIP Larry the truck driver. He just wanted to make some extra kerbucks to feed his babies at home.  patriot2.gif

1. Consumed by the black hole at the center of Kerbin after falling through the seafloor.

2. Ejected and collided with their aircraft as it performed a cobra.

3. Crash-landed and then died from the cockpit overheating.

4. Spaghettified.

5. Crash-landed in water and drowned.

6. Head on collision with a flying tank.

7. Abandoned in sungrazing orbit.

8. Caught in the blast from dropping a bomb.

9. "Get out and push" a radioactive rocket.

10. Permanent coma due to artificially low G tolerance.

Edited by Pds314

During one of sea circumnavigation attempts around Kerbin, my boat flew apart after its propellers started hitting the water at 150+ m/s. The service bay containing Jeb and a bunch of heavy parts made it out unharmed, but then began to rapidly sink beneath the water’s surface. Normally, this wouldn’t be an issue, but I had removed Jeb’s helmet since we were on Kerbin’s surface. He got crushed by the pressure once the thing hit a depth of 50 meters.

ggjPPtA.png

TFW Jeb can survive crashing at 150 m/s but can’t survive 6 atm of pressure.

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

Valentina was the first tester (in sandbox) of the 100 m/s ejector seat. I wanted to see if the seat could clear a building, but it didn't. luckily, the aerodynamic drag slowed down Valentina, who crashed seat first, saving her life. The chances of Valentina landing on her seat were slim, yet by some miracle, she survived. She proceeded to stand up, take two steps, and be hit on the head by a Separatron that broke off from the seat and was going at 90 m/s. This time Val was not so lucky. After surviving because of a miracle, she was killed by the opposite of one

Edited by ImANoob

I once went through a long and nasty Minmus mission to get a minimal (get it) amount of science because I didn't want to go to Duna or Gilly yet, I reverted to saves at several points and after over an hour I was finally on my way home, that was when I realized my capsule was coming down a little too fast.

So I got Valentina out, got her to take the science which I had spent an hour collecting, and jumped. and then I realized to I hadn't given her a parachute at launch.

The capsule was fine by the way, never been so angry at myself in KSP before, pretty sure that was the end of that save XD

Was out on EVA. Valentina was just doing a routine check, when she flew a little too fast into one of the inflatable modules. But not fast enough to blow up or get destroyed. Although the kraken decided it was enough speed to be possessed... She would literally do this for an unknown amount of time. Literally after a few more seconds her limbs stretched so far away from the body that she got too big to be visible on screen and she kept accelerating. She never actually died. To this day her limbs are stretching into infinity. I had to exit to KSC without saving due to the constant acceleration.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Zefnoly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.