Pol is still bugged

Hello All.

Well. Pol is Bugged. Pol is Bugged since ? (eons ?)

If i land on Pol i seriously explode in Mid Space (200 from 800 in Space above ground) or if by sheer luck i manage to land, go to space center and back (Or load a game) My ship/Flag is suddenly 200 to 800 meters in deepspace.

This is known for long times. (read this half a year ago somewhere else) (eons?)

Does anyone know if the devs are planning to do something about that or do they decided because with all the new airplane parts noone would go to pol anyway so we can let this Bug as it xor ignore it, and concentrate more on airplane parts anyhow ???

This really *sucks* because Pol is the First Moon you get to if you enter the Jool System.

Does anyone know if the devs already stated this as a Game feature ? (if then, nevermind then, remove pol please)

Is there a mod what fixes that (well i would pay for eh, uh, ah, i forgot, i ALREADY paid for the game, whats the Problem with fixing that collision mesh ?)

greetings

PS: i refer to Bug #5235 in the Bugtracker. i strongly guess that the state '10% done' only assumes that someone from the dev's team just tried out and found out that the bug exists. this was 4 months ago. It would be better to remove the Moon from the game at all than leaving something in that doesnt works. im just so pissed on that. Besides that im just Proud that i made it to the jool system and back without mods. hard stuff. Makes fun if you get the 5 minutes while gameplay you did not get krakened from bugs.

PPS: this Bug exists since >1 Year:

Related to Bug #3423

Related to Bug #2501

Related to Bug #2049

They have not had time and interest to planets in long time and many updates. There are also not any official announcements. Maybe they will do some kind of overhaul, at least fix the most annoying bugs, but certainly not before porting to Unity 5 is ready (and I guess that not before hundred spaceplane parts because there seems to be many plane enthusiasts in dev crew now). Quicksave works well with this kind of problems. I know it is annoying, but unfortunately we do not live in perfect world and can not make world to be perfect.

33 minutes ago, Hannu2 said:

They have not had time and interest to planets in long time and many updates. There are also not any official announcements. Maybe they will do some kind of overhaul, at least fix the most annoying bugs, but certainly not before porting to Unity 5 is ready (and I guess that not before hundred spaceplane parts because there seems to be many plane enthusiasts in dev crew now). Quicksave works well with this kind of problems. I know it is annoying, but unfortunately we do not live in perfect world and can not make world to be perfect.

This is sad to hear.

Maybe a kickstarter campaign could help if we raise enough funds for the devs (and afais there are plenty people complained over that for the last 20 months)

to fix that bug (thats the way it would work for sure) how much money could be needed to fix a defective collision mesh ?

any guess ?

Edited by Sirad

1 hour ago, Sirad said:

This is sad to hear.

Maybe a kickstarter campaign could help if we raise enough funds for the devs (and afais there are plenty people complained over that for the last 20 months)

to fix that bug (thats the way it would work for sure) how much money could be needed to fix a defective collision mesh ?

any guess ?

They have plenty of money, they came out at the top of the steam sales sometimes.

What they lack is people who know the Game already. If they hire new ones, the new ones will be more of a burden then any help for the first 6 months, and then only *maybe* they will be helpful.
You can't just "buy" a feature with Kickstarters, unfortunately.

What you *could* do however, is provide very very precise instructions to reproducing and define all the conditions where it does and does not occur, pretty much the way Claw does it. I assume there's plenty of information on this bug already, though.

6 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

What you *could* do however, is provide very very precise instructions to reproducing and define all the conditions where it does and does not occur, pretty much the way Claw does it. I assume there's plenty of information on this bug already, though.

There is already a very explicit description at the bugtracker.

Since im a bit rusty in terms of software engineering (last stuff i was working on was 'OS2' in the 90's now im more into 3d-Engineering with Inventor and Solid Works) i couldnt say how long it'll take to implement a working and proper mesh.

but i know that creating a working mesh wouldnt drop the dollars to swim in too low.. there'll be plenty enough money to swim in for the Company. Well everything works with money. Throw it in and you get what you want. If someone ask for 'remove that bug please' you could ask, ehrm, forever (this is what is happening actually now and quite thousands of Peoples got Exploded and Krakened at Pol and mentioned that Bug)

So what amount of Money it'll take to fix a Celestial Body, IMHO Essential Content of a Game that is about landing on Celestial Bodies? That is around for over a Year unfixed ? May i got something wrong ?

Its Called Space Program nor ?

(sry but im getting a rage now...)

2 minutes ago, Sirad said:

There is already a very explicit description at the bugtracker.

Since im a bit rusty in terms of software engineering (last stuff i was working on was 'OS2' in the 90's now im more into 3d-Engineering with Inventor and Solid Works) i couldnt say how long it'll take to implement a working and proper mesh.

It's been a while since they actually changed any of the plantes meshes. I think the Developer who made it is even gone now. Not saying that it's impossible, but there are other things to work on.

there'll be plenty enough money to swim in for the Company. Well everything works with money. Throw it in and you get what you want.

It's not that simple, and it's definitely not linear. I know it's what Companies/Managers like to think, but it's not the case. I explained why in the post above.

If someone ask for 'remove that bug please' you could ask, ehrm, forever (this is what is happening actually now and quite thousands of Peoples got Exploded and Krakened at Pol and mentioned that Bug)

So what amount of Money it'll take to fix a Celestial Body, IMHO Essential Content of a Game that is about landing on Celestial Bodies? That is around for over a Year unfixed ? May i got something wrong ?

It will take 7 money.

Thousands of people have exploded for thousands of reasons and thousands of Krakens. There are other things that are more important to fix. Even if you think your problem is the most important of all, developers may not agree.

Its Called Space Program nor ?

(sry but im getting a rage now...)

You can rage all you want, but rage doesn't fix bugs. Be patient and don't put your orbit so low. Compared to other problems this game has, this is really minor.

It may also be futile to use significant resources to this now and delay porting to Unity 5. We do not know if Squad have some plans for planets. If they have plans to make larger overhaul, this bug will be fixed anyway.

But they must do migration first. If everything goes as expected they get more resources (like memory) to do other things, like planets. Migration is so essential that it may be cheaper to hire some guys to code a new planet mod to replace Pol. Delaying migration would effect to sales. Nobody knows how much, but probably couple of orders of magnitude more than bug on Pol. I think that (unfortunately) quite small percentage of players will ever land on Pol.

If you can not stand bug just do not land on Pol. At least I want to keep current Pol instead of take it away. If something crashes, I roleplay that it is failure of part. It does not prevent landings completely. I have made maybe 5 succesful landings after last Kraken attack.

9 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

You can rage all you want, but rage doesn't fix bugs. Be patient and don't put your orbit so low. Compared to other problems this game has, this is really minor.

Patience made no sense either. (first Reports of Explody Pol Landing Attempts dating Back January 2014) so: at least 24 Months or 2 Years.

I Started a Discussion about Fixing the Pol Problem and you are able to judge w.t.f. is minor or not. Sorry that i forgot to ask for your humble opinion right before posting my minor request.

2 Years of not Fixing a celestial Body feels just like: we dont care about it. Nothing else.

If noone rises that this'll get fixed exactly: never.