Quick save disabled on launch pad.

I would often chose the option to disable the ability to revert to the launch pad for the greater challenge. But there was always one thing about this that bothered me. Theres nothing stopping me from just quick saving on the launch pad to circumvent that. So why not simply make it so you cannot quick save on the launch pad when the disable revert option is chosen? Save for the runway I suppose. Could this not be modded in as well? I know you can disable quick save all together, but I'm not that much of a gluten for punishment.

Edited by Motokid600

What is the real problem? If you do not want to quicksave at pad you just do not quicksave. Game does not do it automatically.

In my opinion it would be waste of resources to define strict rules and try to program game so that all "cheating" is impossible. Everybody should have so much self discipline that can obey they own set of rules. There are so much real bugs and deficiencies in this game and they are much more annoying than possibility to "cheat" against myself.

Its.. just a simple mechanic to make the no-revert flight option more meaningful. Launch commit should be launch commit.

Edit: Let me put it like this. You get two options to govern game saves. 

Disabled/Enable Revert Flight.

Disabled/Enable Quicksafe ( entirely )

Option 1 is most certainly pointless without option two enabled along with it. With the press of a button you can save your craft on the pad before launch and just quickload and revert to vab. 

Disabling quick save completely is too much. Missions get far too complicated and time consuming. So what this does is ensures that you atleast must deal with the consequences of a design flaw at the initial launch.  

Pretending the unrestricted quicksaving doesn't exist isn't a solution. It's career mode for a reason. If I want to pretend I play sandbox. It's like having the debug cheats naturally in the UI. "Just ignore it." C,mon...

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.