[Official] Forum Feedback Thread

Claw

17 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

Seems to be no way to link directly to an individual post?

Copy the link from "Posted 16 minutes ago"!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/127496-official-forum-feedback-thread/&do=findComment&comment=2340839

Uh... did I leave the window open too long, or did I just not notice a reply on a different page? :(

Is there any way to make the Reputation system allow you to leave a comment on a post? I miss being able to add a remark explaining my thoughts. Now I just click a button, like Facebook. It feels much less "personal," for lack of a better word.

Fix the quote system... I keep getting multiple repeats of the same quote in the reply box and I have to try and delete them and then try again... then when I try to delete them I can't!!! Like below...

On 14/12/2015 at 7:16 PM, Gaarst said:

So a way for the editor to detect when a post is over a given length or size, and forcing the user to use albums or spoilers when that limit is exceeded would be really nice, if possible.

On 14/12/2015 at 7:16 PM, Gaarst said:

Please find a way to enforce spoilers on image heavy posts.

Loading and browsing threads with a lot of images can quickly become a real nightmare even with a decent connexion. (see here for an example). And it's even worse on mobile: pages keeps scrolling up as images load and take more and more space

I don't know if it's me of actually happening, but images seem to load slower with IPS than they did with vBulletin. This and the fact that some posts contain over 15 full-size images (up to 30, I counted) make viewing some threads nothing near pleasant or "user-friendly" or whatever.

So a way for the editor to detect when a post is over a given length or size, and forcing the user to use albums or spoilers when that limit is exceeded would be really nice, if possible.

12 hours ago, NeoMorph said:

Fix the quote system... I keep getting multiple repeats of the same quote in the reply box and I have to try and delete them and then try again... then when I try to delete them I can't!!! Like below...

Found the answer to this, which is totally uninitutive.

Hit the Undo button in the editor window (the curved arrow pointing left)

On 11.12.2015. at 1:06 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

I agree, so much so that I figured out how to make a custom activity stream do exactly that. See instructions here if you'd like to try it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126874-miss-the-old-subscriptions-page-try-a-custom-activity-stream/

Unfortunately, changes to the settings of the default streams do not seem to stick, so a new one must be made. 

Is it possible to create such option as alternative "Threads I Follow" drop down menu for everyone ?
Maybe as "Summary of Followed threads" or some similar title that better fits this option. As you add more and more subscribed threads it become nightmare to track them down.

Also, even you have some thread subscribed, it is difficult to find desired thread if nobody posted anything there for couple of days. Those threads might become buried inside forums too quickly, making current subscription list futile, it become equaly hard to find desired post in personal subscription list as well as in main forums.

On January 1, 2016 at 1:03 PM, kmMango said:

Is there any way to make the Reputation system allow you to leave a comment on a post? I miss being able to add a remark explaining my thoughts. Now I just click a button, like Facebook. It feels much less "personal," for lack of a better word.

My goodness! Yes please, I missing being able to pass rep and say something about it. The "Likes" mechanic feels disconnecting, rep messages used to make my day, and always made me feel happy when I myself could say along with the rep how well "x....."

I firmly believe something like this should be added :D

I don't see anyplace to post forum related bug reports, besides this section anyway. I could make a new thread, but it doesn't really need an entire thread for it.

Anyways, bug with the search engine: After you try doing a search within a forum section and you go to the next page of the search, it suddenly goes to 'whole community search'. Also, the search engine is being rather laggy on my browser, I'm using FireFox.

reproduction steps:

1. Go to any forum section.

2. Click in the searchbox, use the dropdown to select 'this forum', type whatever you want, search.

3. Click page 2.

Also, while opening the second page as a new tab works, it doesn't remember that I set it to sort by date and keeps reverting to 'relevance'

Hmmm - maybe 1 button to instantly clear everything when trying to make a post (accessible in both mobile & desktop) could be helpful against old text & quotes memorised by the system. Because some times, we could want to scrap everything and restart :)

(Especially when we delete some things and the editor tells us that x field cannot be empty because we emptied a quote.)

Just in case it hasn't already been mentioned, can we be rid of this "answer voting" thing in the various subforums that have it, or at least change the default sort order to "by date"?
On the (extremely rare) occasion that someone actually uses it, it only serves to make the thread difficult to follow.

19 hours ago, smjjames said:

Also, could you guys implement an actual working forum search engine? The one on the old forum may not have been the absolute best, but it worked a heck of a lot better than it does now.

To add to this, (yeah yeah, I know, 2 in a row) a "search this topic" facility at the top of the page would be real handy for those monster threads we have here... every other forum I use has one. Gah, nevermind, found it. It's just hidden by some silly little animated whatsit. Here's where the ability to delete one's own posts would be somewhat handy.
As it is, google with a site: term is far, far better than the forum's own search. This is a little embarrassing, no?

Edited by steve_v

On 1/2/2016 at 3:56 AM, Yakuzi said:
  • Option to change the number of posts per page (25 are way too many imo, particularly when using a mobile device)

Even on a regular browser, 25 per page makes image-dense threads like "What Did You Do In KSP" extremely annoying to scroll through. Although having an option would be nice, I would rather just have the default reduced back to the original 10 posts per page--the main reason being that people do occasionally refer to specific page numbers within a thread, and using a posts-per-page setting other than the default can be confusing in this case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.