[Official] Forum Feedback Thread

Claw

Quote "blocks" are driving me insane with this format. Nested quotes are even worse. For one, I tried replying to a message and got the quotes nested in a way that they definitely were NOT in the original message.

Worse though is I could find no way of fixing the quote, which would have been easy on the old system. I can "move" a quote, but I could find no way to delete one, or a practical way to get rid of everything that it was nested inside of.

I would really like the ability to use prefixes.  (It's really easy to do, just go into ACP - Members - Groups, edit members, go into Context, and check can use prefixes.)  I don't know if this is something that you don't want to have, or if there's a reason that I haven't thought of, but I'd really like to be able to use that feature.

If you're wondering how I know that, I have an IPS board.

On 08/02/2016 at 11:18 PM, curtquarquesso said:

I seem to be getting an error in the search, but only specially when I search for a specific phrase... Any ideas?

I've forwarded this to IPS support.

On 12/02/2016 at 7:26 PM, vger said:

Quote "blocks" are driving me insane with this format. Nested quotes are even worse. For one, I tried replying to a message and got the quotes nested in a way that they definitely were NOT in the original message.

Worse though is I could find no way of fixing the quote, which would have been easy on the old system. I can "move" a quote, but I could find no way to delete one, or a practical way to get rid of everything that it was nested inside of.

you can select a quote by clicking the move button, then simply hit backspace or delete to remove it.

On 13/02/2016 at 4:50 AM, CliftonM said:

Please bring back the streaming calendar.  I miss being able to add my streams to it, etc.

Looking into it, but it's not very easy

On 17/02/2016 at 3:34 AM, CliftonM said:

I would really like the ability to use prefixes.  (It's really easy to do, just go into ACP - Members - Groups, edit members, go into Context, and check can use prefixes.)  I don't know if this is something that you don't want to have, or if there's a reason that I haven't thought of, but I'd really like to be able to use that feature.

If you're wondering how I know that, I have an IPS board.

I'd love to use prefixes again, but the current system is way too random to use. There may be a forum plugin that can help, but with the current workload I don't have much time to look into it.

Just now, KasperVld said:

Looking into it, but it's not very easy

I know, but there is a calendar that comes with IPS.  You can change the permissions, etc.  It works really well.  Still, I understand that it has some downsides, too.

Just now, KasperVld said:

I'd love to use prefixes again, but the current system is way too random to use. There may be a forum plugin that can help, but with the current workload I don't have much time to look into it.

I completely understand where you're coming from.

5 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

I've forwarded this to IPS support.

Thanks Kasper! Worth mentioning, it's not just that phrase. It happens with some phrases, of two or more words. Can't find a reliable way to recreate it consistently. 

Also related to searching, did the bug where sorting search results by date in a topic get fixed? For the longest time, when you'd sort search results by date in a topic, it would forget you were searching in that topic, and instead show you results for all forum content sorted by date, but remembering your keyword search. I haven't had problems with it lately. It seems to be behaving as expected.

12 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Thanks Kasper! Worth mentioning, it's not just that phrase. It happens with some phrases, of two or more words. Can't find a reliable way to recreate it consistently. 

Also related to searching, did the bug where sorting search results by date in a topic get fixed? For the longest time, when you'd sort search results by date in a topic, it would forget you were searching in that topic, and instead show you results for all forum content sorted by date, but remembering your keyword search. I haven't had problems with it lately. It seems to be behaving as expected.

I believe that was fixed, yes.

This is something that I brought up when we were still on the old forums, but it was less of an issue then because we were able to use GOTO to link to specific points within a post.

Please allow us to prevent posts from automerging. It can be incredibly inconvenient if you're intentionally making multiple posts and don't want them merging because you want to be able to link to each post separately (such as in an AAR).

10 minutes ago, GreenWolf said:

Please allow us to prevent posts from automerging. It can be incredibly inconvenient if you're intentionally making multiple posts and don't want them merging because you want to be able to link to each post separately (such as in an AAR).

On the other hand it does alleviate the way the new forum sometimes won't let you edit a post for no readily apparent reason. :-/

The announcments subform will not work, on either firefox or edge.

Edge is telling me "can't reach the page" - Firefox says connection reset/

Ironically, I'm getting the same issue when I try and post anything with.. the name of the subforum in it. Hence why I had to spell it wrong.

Edited by severedsolo

8 minutes ago, sarbian said:

It works fine on both browser here. Your problem is more likely to be an abusive antivirus, browser extension or malware.

Figured it out. My VPN wasn't playing nice with the Insider Build.. Weird that it was just that page though. Cheers Sarbian.

Edited by severedsolo

Can we have the option to switch between mobile and desktop forum format? Like we used to with the old forum? I have a problem with editing on mobile, but when I edit posts on my laptop it works fine.

14 hours ago, Veeltch said:

Can we have the option to switch between mobile and desktop forum format? Like we used to with the old forum? I have a problem with editing on mobile, but when I edit posts on my laptop it works fine.

There are no mobile and desktop versions, the same site is delivered to both types of devices and the layout is dynamically adjusted based on window width and your device's dpi settings (you can see this if you make a desktop window extremely narrow). Some mobile browsers have a "desktop" mode which overrides the device's dpi settings, maybe try that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2016 at 7:16 PM, sarbian said:

It works fine on both browser here. Your problem is more likely to be an abusive antivirus, browser extension or malware.

xDr regedit oh crap not that again wich key entry ? #shrug,yawn,bored,next + grab a cookies ; ) Sarbian Sarbian dunno about cosmos 1999 but man from the atlantide was nice with duffy too ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

-"Likes" IMHO are better private, just like the rep system from VBulletin. You don't want people criticizing you for liking a post that most people disagree with. 

-And once again, just like rep, maybe it's possible for a message to go with likes.

the sad thing is we can ask for a rename only once, today i m in the mud for either asking for a "philae aguilkia lisa pathfinder sputnik hubble messiah" rename

but i already used my turn with the rename that's unfair ; ) anyway might be a too long name.

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.