What should I add to my Space Sation?

Dfthu

2 minutes ago, bewing said:

A klaw, so you can dock with things that have no docking capability. (Klaws are sooo much better than docking adapters! I don't see why people don't realize that.)

You want to know why we don't use the Klaw ?

Follow these steps:

1. Make a new save
  2. Orbit something with a Klaw on it
  3. Orbit another vessel with no docking port on it and rendez-vous with the first one
  4. Dock the second vessel to the first one, using the Klaw, while still controlling the second
  5. Look in the direction of the ground

This is why we don't use the Klaw.

If you don't want to do this, then here is what will happen:

Spoiler

Kerbin simply disappears. Nothing more, nothing less. This since whenever the Klaw was added.

And this is only one of the many bugs bound to the Klaw...

Just remember: Klaw = Kraken magnet.

MOAR BOOSTERS!!!!!

Seriously though, you do need engines of some type. If you docked a cluster of fuel tanks and a NERVA you could probably get that to the Mun, Minmus or even Duna/EVE orbit with enough fuel. The acceleration is small enough to mitigate structural risk, while unlike ions you will actually see your velocity meter moving. 

You can set it up with a mobile processing lab and move it from SOI to SOI as you run out of data. 

I guess it is not about what to add, but maybe you want to put in another shape.

My first Spacestation looked quite similar:

R3H5Xux.jpg

But then I watched some Youtubers that influenced the way I put my sations together.

(You have to think about the Picture without the giant Refueler and the two Landers attached to it)

WFYryez.jpg

All in all, finding different designs + re-designing my Space-Stations made it quite an adventure.

My design is by far not superior. but I like that it is very versatile.

It holds enough Fuel to supply the small nuclear drive at the bottom and you could exchange the Com-Dishes for something else if you would like as they are just docked to the Station.

You can detach the Dishes, the Solar Arrays and the drive stage if you would like.

I just wanted to put out some ideas :)

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.