12/11/15 Spacecraft Friday - The Random Edition

kn81KUd.jpg

Disclaimer at bottom
Ok, its time for another  SCF! This week is a collection of craft that happened to catch my eye. It is a little rushed since I didn't know I had been moved up to this week till yesterday. I did find time to do some basic testing of each craft featured though. Anyway enough of my rambling, now for the craft!

The Flying Teacup
By @waterlubber

An interesting little bit of fun. This miniscule craft is great for zipping around the space center. A mere six parts and hilarity and/or frustration will ensue.
You will need the Take Command mod to fly this (or add a probe core).

Forum Thread

B-52 Stratofortress with X-24A Martin Marietta

By @sal_vager

This craft was amazing to fly! While testing this one I managed to get the Marietta to 35km. The Marietta handles smoothly and can easily touch down on land or in the water.

Forum Thread

Rolls-Royce Thrust Measuring Rig mk2

By @Majorjim

This is a very well done replica. It is a little difficult to fly for the inexperienced (i.e. me). It does respond well to inputs and can even survive a fall from 200m.

Forum Thread

Nova II - 229 tons to LKO
By @Temstar

This behemoth of a rocket will throw just about anything you want into LKO. The lifter weighs in at nearly 850 tons and with the proofing payload included in the download tops out at 1065.8 tons.

29covok.jpg

Forum Thread

"Bor" - light and cheap spaceplane for 4 kerbonaut/tourists

By @Mesklin

This small shuttle is superb for those tourist contracts. Capable of reaching LKO, it handles well in the atmosphere.

lULIxwhl.jpg

Forum Thread

That is it for the featured craft! Congratulations to these builders.

Honorable Mentions

Spoiler

Alright, that's it for this week. Hope you enjoyed this week's Spacecraft Friday!

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

2 minutes ago, Bubbadevlin said:

Very cool, and great choices. 

I am kinda disappointed that my new walker didn't even get a Honorable Mention :( , but hey, its your choice! 

I actually considered your walker, but as I play KSP on a laptop, it makes using anything with a "bearing" near impossible. It would very likely crash my game. All the honorable mentions made it to the testing phase, but were either unremarkable or didn't perform as expected. 

Just now, Bubbadevlin said:

Very cool, and great choices. 

I am kinda disappointed that my new walker didn't even get a Honorable Mention :( , but hey, its your choice! 

Agreed, it deserves to be featured. There's always next time though. I'm sure it will be noticed again.

Thanks ExplorerKlatt. She can be tricky at first.

Edited by Majorjim

On December 12, 2015 at 09:27:04, Bubbadevlin said:

Ah i get it, no problem :) Still great choices 

But please do try it out. Its only ~250 parts (not sure exactly how bad your laptop is), and generally doesn't give me too bad lag (I don't have the best computer either tbh)

I will give it a try this week sometime. 

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Thanks for doing this!  I'll update everything.

No problem. It was actually quite fun. 

Good job on the presentation and craft picks and thank you for the honorable mention!  :) Sorry I overlooked this when you posted the SCF, it seems I may not be the only one. I wasn't expecting it and the new format has the Honorable Mentions Hidden. :confused:

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.