retrofuture [1.1.3/1.2]

amankd

Its here! finally retrofuture space plane parts is for 1.1.3 and 1.2!

this is not my mod originally (i am picking it up off NohArk with his blessing) I have fixed the majority of the most obvious bugs but there may still be some lurking around

this is still a work in progress the process of updating so i am relying on reports from you fine fellows as to areas that need fixing/balanceing 

most areas that need focus are;

node attchment

boyancy

heat

aero

with a side order of what new parts might be considered that might fit in with the new ksp (i was thinking something like a ballast tank and some parts for underwater bases now there is support for it)

finally if there are any ideas you have for parts to be retrofuture themed please let me know!

anyways hers the mod!

images (as i cant seem to embed imgur albums atm)

Edited by amankd

23 minutes ago, amankd said:

when making a mod on kerbalstuff the lisence is chosen by decault as MIT and can be seen on the mod home page

no he meant here on the forums you need to list your license as well.

Actually technically no, you don't need it here on the forums since you are not using a direct download link. nevermind!

Edited by Gaiiden
I read the fine print

1 hour ago, Gaiiden said:

no he meant here on the forums you need to list your license as well.

Actually technically no, you don't need it here on the forums since you are not using a direct download link. nevermind!

nice thx

Well Attachment nodes.. All you really need to do is  find the rear attachment node and change it  from 1.0 to -1.0 and that fixed all the issues I had with them... It's tedious yeah.. but it does the job.

also you'll need to change the textures over to .dds  so they'll be inline with the rest of KSP. also Some thrust curves may need to be tweaked. but other than that. it should be good! :D

14 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

Well Attachment nodes.. All you really need to do is  find the rear attachment node and change it  from 1.0 to -1.0 and that fixed all the issues I had with them... It's tedious yeah.. but it does the job.

also you'll need to change the textures over to .dds  so they'll be inline with the rest of KSP. also Some thrust curves may need to be tweaked. but other than that. it should be good! :D

i do belive the textures are dds, to the extent that any attempt to convert themseems to end up with a 3x3px image of no use to anyone, i have all the original texturs and if i can identify which go where i will replace them and reconvert

@amankd, I see you've included the example Ships directory in the .zip... Also the Firespitter plugin and FSFuelSwitchTweakscale.cfg...

With the current folder structure in the .zip, there may be confusion for people installing the mod...
Might I suggest restructuring the .zip with a GameData folder and Ships folder, with only RetroFuture and Firespitter folders inside the GameData.... Then of course the Firespitter.dll & FSFuel .cfg would go in the Firespitter folder... Also, then people could drop the Ships folder into the saves/ folder... This would keep from creating TWO separate copies of Firespitter, if someone already has it installed, and also, if you keep the most current vers., would keep from having two different versions of Firespitter...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2015 at 2:50 PM, Kolago said:

All the Eddie engines need updates:

node_stack_bottom points in wrong direction. Node size is note defined. My suggestion is to scale up node size from 0 to 3 for the specific Eddie models.

thats from the retro-future mod? i thought some other mod had it updated, to 1.0.5. like, the karbonite mod has some airpropellers and etc in both karbonite and non-karbonite fueled versions of the UHB turbines. 

regardless, im here to ask about there being proper career mode integration? with costs n entry purchases, and other similiar stuff

Looks like Retrofuture models for Procedural wings are broken. If I add any of them to the craft, it will tear it apart on the runaway as soon as craft starts moving. Wings from Procedural mod itself acts normal.
Cargobays also are eyecandy for now, no inner nodes, no cargobay module in the config.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.