Science data contract not fulfilling

I have a contract "Science data from space around Kerbin" with the instructions to "Transmit or Recover scientific data from space around Kerbin".

So I put a probe in orbit of Kerbin.  It has an antenna, lots of electricity, a materials bay and Mystery Goo.  I right-click the goo, hit "Observe", and hit the little blue satellite icon - it transmits, says Done, and gives me 0.3 science.  However the contract doesn't get marked as completed.  For what it's worth, this is a new probe built after the contract was accepted (although I did use it to fulfill a "place satellite in tundra orbit" mission).

I also tried the Materials Bay, same effect.  Even tried a thermometer on a space station I previously had in orbit.  Zilch.

Finally tried a Crew Report from the space station in orbit.  That seemed to be the only thing that would mark the contract as completed.

What the heck?

Any ideas?

I'm on KSP 1.0.5.

Edited by Fwiffo

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Seriously though, I have had luck several times with killing the game and restarting. I would also double check the contract in mission control. Make sure there aren't any more specifics to the contract.

6 hours ago, Aser said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

As cliché as this answer might be it is pretty much correct. There is something wrong with the contract system. Killing the game and restarting does indeed help in most cases.

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem, and it doesn't work for me. I've restarted the game several times. I go into space with a science module. I observe it with a scientist. It claims 25 science worth! It's also labeled as "from space around kerbin" in the green title text -- it's taken at about 100k meters above ground (a fair bit before the apex of the trajectory.)

I de-orbit and land, preserving the module and the capsule (using lots of parachutes and careful steering :-) However, upon "recover vessel" I get 0 science rewarded, and the contract does not fulfill.

This happened even when starting the game, building the rocket from scratch, and flying the mission just as described.

So, in case it wasn't clear: Tried rebooting/restarting, didn't work. This is a stock game. What else should I do? I'm wasting money on these "successful" missions ... (Career mode, normal difficulty.)

It shouldn't happen, but it does for some people.

If you are really, really sure that you met all of the contract conditions, you can cheat using Alt-F12 to force the contract to complete.

In this case, since what is asked is very simple and what you have done is so clearly what is asked (assuming you haven't missed anything out, but with this case I doubt that you have) then I'd say you're quite justified forcing the contract to accept.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.