[1.2.2] Future Weapons - BDArmory Sci-Fi Addon

Aerolfos

FtuBXFk.pngsruHWKf.jpg

A sci-fi addon for BD Armory, it adds a bunch of weapons inspired by Star Wars.

Updated to 1.2.2 by using BDArmory Continued.

Also features a "Power" system as ammunition, which is quite simplistic. The whole thing is really, but it's nice to have anyway!

Basically, use the battery pack called Power System for all your needs.

There are currently three unique models, contributed by SpannerMonkey and Wraith977!

Download over at Spacedock. You will need BDArmory Continued installed.

Feel free to contact me with both bugs and requests/suggestions/ideas. I will probably add more weapons with time, but currently there are:

• Ion Cannon: Based on the howitzer, it is a very powerful weapon on a direct hit, but otherwise does minimal damage.
  • X-1 Light Laser: A small automatic laser gun.
  • M50 Dragon Turret: Tank Turret that focuses on explosive radius but is not as strong as normal tank cannons. It fires slightly faster too.
  • Scout Laser Cannon: Automatic relatively light laser cannon.
  • Laser Turret: Pictured above, it's inspired by TIE Fighter guns. A light and small weapon.
  • Turbolaser: Heavy turbolaser, for all your capital point-defence needs. It now acts as a proper flak gun with explosive shots.
  • X-8: Automatic laser cannon. Deadly.
  • X-10: Inline lighter laser cannon, for fighter use. Based on the X-Wing, featuring model by SpannerMonkey.
  • Old Republic Defence Turret: Very fast firing experimental turret, provided by Wraith977.
  • Dorsal Turbolaser Turret: Heavier turret, great for general use on bases and various starships. Also made by Wraith977.

License: CC ShareAlike 2.0

With all credit due to BahamutoD, and his awesome mod(s).

As well as the team working on BDArmory continued now of course.

And SpannerMonkey and Wraith977 for providing some really cool weaponry!

Edited by Aerolfos
It works.

Combine this with the HX parts from B9, and it's now somewhat reasonable to build space battleships that wouldn't be out of place in the Gundam franchise!  I've been hoping for somebody to put out beam or particle weaponry for quite some time!  There's only so much awesome you can pull off with those USAF lasers mounted on various bits of your ships.

On 20.12.2015 at 1:59 PM, giga said:

Cant wait for the next update keep it up with the good work:D

Well wow. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Mitchz95 said:

Can you customize the color of the lasers?

Yes, but you need to modfiy RGB values in the configs for just the shot, and muzzle flashes are a custom edit messing with color values in paint.net on the model thing (They're not that important however). What color are you thinking anyway?

15 hours ago, Hookswords said:

I'm liking the mod so far! I used it to make this: *snip*

Definitely added to the production! Thank you for your hard work in modding!

Hey thanks. Hard work... barely any work at all is what this was. But yeah, if people like it, awesome. It's also made a lot for myself tho :P

And those are some nice craft.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, CommanderBacara said:

where can i download this now that kerbalstuff is rip in pepperonies?

That is the question isn't it? I have not figured out what to do about that at all....

7 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

How do these work in space? Would be a great way for blasting debris!

Oh they should work just fine... I actually haven't tested them. But indeed they should. Maybe I'll finally get some explosive autolasers working now. (I tried in a much, much, muuuch earlier version of BDArmory. Couldn't do it, but now there's support for that.)

21 hours ago, CommanderBacara said:

Cant you upload it to curse (ugh) or a download site like mediafire?

No.

As for other dl site, there was something about a replacement.

3 hours ago, giga said:

Welp

You can Upload it to Spacedock. Because is the replacement of Kerbalstuff

Yes this, but I had the understanding it was not operational? Anyone have a link in that case?

EDIT: Got it. "Email sent, check in an hour or two" though.... yeaah... well it'll be up soon hopefully...

Edited by Aerolfos

7 hours ago, Aerolfos said:

Yes this, but I had the understanding it was not operational? Anyone have a link in that case?

EDIT: Got it. "Email sent, check in an hour or two" though.... yeaah... well it'll be up soon hopefully...

Ok then

On February 21, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Aerolfos said:

Updated, and since I finally figured out automatic explosive weapons, changed the turbolaser to be a flak gun. (That's what they are in the movies anyway, air detonation and all.)

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a config to allow these weapons to be fired using electric charge? Either that or a converter from electric charge to the charge used to fire would be really nice for extended battles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.