[1.2.2] Future Weapons - BDArmory Sci-Fi Addon

Aerolfos

On 5/27/2017 at 4:45 AM, Aerolfos said:

As Spannermonkey said, no real use for those anymore.

As for photon torpedo, nope, no idea how to. Remember that the current space missile is broken, so there's nothing to base off. Also do not know how to do custom explosion effects.

I guess I'll just have to throw a missile guidance unit on a small rocket with rcs or reaction wheels or thrust vectoring

23 hours ago, colfighter said:

I guess I'll just have to throw a missile guidance unit on a small rocket with rcs or reaction wheels or thrust vectoring

I don't know if missile guidance even uses RCS though... but if it does, then yes.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

update required

It will come when it comes

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For the photon torpedo try working with a system to place a block in an area, and have it full the block with charge (there is your power loss) and then launch. I would also make the part not under any tab so it is near impossible to find it. I'm not a modder @Aerolfos, so I don't have experience. Also would you consider adding a fluctuation system that chooses, according to location, atmosphere, and local molecules the power of the weapon. Say if out touches Eve's atmosphere it explodes the air around it, significantly lowering speed and the impact's damage while dealing heat damage to nearby parts, and if it touches Duna, Kerbin, or Laythe's atmosphere it simply slows down. In orbit changes are randomized so explosions can take place anywhere. I apologize if I am wasting your time @Aerolfos, and it's a great mod. I believe photon torpedo include a casing, so that would be the part. If you don't understand how the armor doesn't work well with it, just take up the BDA modders' offer for help if ever needed.

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman
Politeness first

• 3 years later...

I know I'm jumping in pretty late, and I see no one's been here in a  while so it's understandable if the mod hasn't been touched in a while.

Just today I found it and it looked really cool. I love the weapon designs and sounds. I was confused by the "power system" thing at first but after some digging I found it (plus I had infinite ammo turned on so it probably wouldn't have made much a difference). 

Unfortunately, as cool as the weapons are, I can't seem to do any actual damage with them. I've played around with the "no crash damage" alt+12 cheat, the "instakill" setting, messing with the armor thickness on parts, nothing seems to work. The guns just can't seem to scratch anything. Any Ideas for what might be causing this?

On 1/14/2021 at 1:38 AM, Trooper_025 said:

I know I'm jumping in pretty late, and I see no one's been here in a  while so it's understandable if the mod hasn't been touched in a while.

Just today I found it and it looked really cool. I love the weapon designs and sounds. I was confused by the "power system" thing at first but after some digging I found it (plus I had infinite ammo turned on so it probably wouldn't have made much a difference). 

Unfortunately, as cool as the weapons are, I can't seem to do any actual damage with them. I've played around with the "no crash damage" alt+12 cheat, the "instakill" setting, messing with the armor thickness on parts, nothing seems to work. The guns just can't seem to scratch anything. Any Ideas for what might be causing this?

Same thing here

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.