The Blender (Helicopter)

My first completely self designed helicopter. Mostly uncontrollable but it flies. 6 Juno jets on the wingtips, with a custom built bearing. Turbine engine version is in development  

. 5h6HoGb.png

As you can see, this is the reason it is unmanned:

juOuIop.png

"This is your captain speaking. We are experiencing some slight turbulence. Please reattach your seatbelts, put your head between your legs, and kiss your *** goodbye."

QVJ2TdF.png

I hope you enjoyed looking at this haphazard pile of junk. Please help me improve it.

1 rep = 1 probe core in place of 1 death row convict/test pilot.(kidding)

10 hours ago, The Optimist said:

Why won't it work? And how can I make one that does work? Thanks.

You need to go big. Much bigger. And you need the main bearing shaft to be very stable. You'll need at least 8 Panthers to get anything airborne, and if you don't want the hassle of tons of reaction wheels you'll need to design a coaxial or find a novel way of countering the main rotor torque. You can use a jet engine at the back, but generally the weight of it has caused me more issues in the past than it has helped solve.

And definitely add No Offset Limits mod to your toolbox. It will save you a lot of parts and a lot of frustration. I do not know how I lived without this tool before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.