The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Chapter 56
Back to Reality... Sort of

Listening to Thompberry's tale of Emiko Kerman in the back of the Diamondback SSTO, Kerenna Kerman felt as if her world had flipped upside down, and reality had somehow escaped thru a window.

Ri5Ky8x.png

"Wait... wait. Thompberry, hold on a moment..."

"Yes??? <gurgle bubble> Is there a... problem <gurgle> Kerenna Kerman?"  Thompberry chuckled. He had actually expected such an outburst, and had been curious how long it would take Kerenna before she snapped.

"Are you trying to tell me...," Kerenna began, "Are you saying that Emiko Kerman was somehow whisked around the solar system in a Magic Boulder. And then this boulder gave her a book? And Emiko's assistants: Thompington and Bruberry. Their names aren't a coincidence, are they?"

"No... no <gurgle> Kerenna Kerman, they are... were... my parents. <Gurgle bubble> They.... died ....long ago <gurgle blurp> I will speak more if this<gurgle> later."

DCrXe8U.png

"I understand," Kerenna said. "Then tell me more about this book, and the Magic Boulder. Finding an old book I can almost believe, but Magic Boulders are a fairy tale... aren't they?"

"Are they? <gurgle gurgle>  I dismissed it as well until recently. <gurgle gurgle> But events on the Mun made me recall Emiko's writings <bubble> and there are too many parallels. I now wonder... <gurgle boil> I suspect there may be some intelligence behind all of this."

"I'm not sure I understand," Kerenna replied. "Do you mean the floating rocks Piper's been finding and Emiko's Magic Boulder are somehow connected?"

"Exactly, Kerenna Kerman <bubble gurgle> exactly." 

rta15Vu.png

"Consider this <gurgle gurgle> I was able to use a floating boulder <gurgle> to generate a small wormhole and escape Bop <gurgle gurgle> which in itself raises my suspicions even more."

"How so?"

"Think, Kerenna... <gurgle> I may be a genius... but generate a wormhole? <gurgle gurgle> What I did was centuries beyond Kerban technology <gurgle bubble> and I just thought it up? <gurgle> No, Kerenna... no."

sKzzlg3.png

"I did not contemplate this <gurgle bubble> until Piper's crewmate Frannie made a comment <bubble> concerning the floating rocks that I hadn't considered <gurgle> or was made to ignore."

"Made to?" Kerenna asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yes, made to. <gurgle> Remember that part of this... pod... of mine <gurgle> is a highly sophisticated computer <gurgle> and I still only have partial control over it. <gurgle gurgle> When Frannie Kerman suggested <gurgle> that Piper and this Rocklady's so-called visions <gurgle bubble> were not coming from the floating rocks themselves... <bubble> that the rocks were just a sort of tool to communicate<gurgle> this made me realize the truth"

"What truth?"

"Kerenna, before I escaped Bop <gurgle> I spent uncounted days studying a floating boulder. <gurgle>  I honestly don't know how many <gurgle> And in this time, I somehow discovered the truth about the wormholes <gurgle gurgle> and how to use them to my advantage. <gurgle boil> But what if...  what if it wasn't me at all?"

xOp3M8w.jpg

"So do you think someone... something, sent you this knowledge?" Kerenna asked in fascination and horror. "Something from beyond the rock?"

"Yes... yes, Kerenna Kerman <Gurgle gurgle> That is exactly what I suspect. <gurgle> I know not why <bubble boil> but I now believe this technology <gurgle gurgle> was downloaded into my memory drives... from somewhere else entirely!"

S9503BC.png

"And Emiko's Magic Boulder?"

"The Magic Boulder Emiko spoke of <gurgle> was much larger and more massive than any of the floating rocks <gurgle gurgle> Piper encountered. <bubble> And was said to have veins of emerald running thru it. <gurgle> But if her boulder had the same gravioli emitting properties as do the floating rocks <bubble> then perhaps... perhaps. <gurgler> I would dearly love to study it."

But just then alarms began ringing throughout the Diamondback, and the speakers exploded with a flurry of overlapping transmissions.

"Commander Doski... Condition red, we have a......"
"This is KASA mission control.... spuzzzzzzzzzz...."
"Bzzzztt....  level 5 Munquake.. spzzzz.. repeat..... "
"zzbbttzzzzztttttttttt... massive seismic event... VAB is... burning!!!................. sppppptzzzzzzzzzz............"
"SZzzzzzttttt......... Code red... repeat code red!!!.zzzzttttttt"

Horrified, Kerenna whispered, "Thompberry... what's happening?"

"I... I don't know <gurgle> Kerenna.  I don't know..."

asaCfmP.png

Just minutes earlier at the KASA space center, the nightshift had settled in for what appeared to be another routine evening when suddenly and without warning, the ground shook violently, and a massive kerquake ripped thru the KSC.

hSvAWne.png

btjuv1W.png

k0zZNIO.png

Throughout the complex windows shattered and walls cracked. Desks and shelves and books were thrown across rooms, and personnel knocked to the floors. And somewhere in the VAB, a terrified scream rang out as a huge fuel tank fell several meters to the ground and burst into flames.

ZrPjhWo.png

KW1XmYI.png

cKxzTRA.png

In his office, Gene Kerman pulled himself to his feet, wiped away the blood streaming from a cut above his left eye, and looked out at the inferno.

"By the gods," he whispered, and reached over to his phone, only to find it dead. Throwing it to the ground, he ran from his office to the VAB to coordinate the rescue efforts personally. 

Thru the night the fire raged, while brave and valiant Kerbals risked their lives to save their trapped comrades. Gene could not have been more proud of his people that night, and in the end no-one was lost. But several of his people were badly injured, and in need of immediate treatment.

VgI60pU.png

HH8o8Fm.png

Hours later, having finally contained the fire, Gene and his senior staff were inspecting the wreckage when one of the technicians cried out from the remains of the roof to Dr. von Kerman.

"No way....  Sir! Doctor von Kerman, sir, look... out there... I... I don't believe it!!"

"Speak plainly, lad," von Kerman shouted back, "Look at what?"

"The monolith in the field, sir... I can see it from here... Sir... it's grown... it's... it's HUGE!"

ESf5i4p.png

waZbyRy.png

Meanwhile, on the Mun, Piper Kerman and her crew were less than half a kilometer from Munbase Alpha and closing in fast. They had successfully circumnavigated the Mun, and the last couple hours had been delightfully uneventful. Eager to get back before Kerbol set, Piper pushed the Chariot as fast as she could, as Frannie and the Rocklady laughed and joked in the back and talked of their plans once they returned home.

3wcuY1G.png

Q2THYLv.png

1CJSK8D.png

But as Piper crested the small hill just west of the Munbase, a violent tremor hurled the Chariot off it's wheels and sent it spinning and rolling out of control. Struggling desperately, Piper heard Commander Doski's voice shouting thru her speakers.

"This is Commander Doski... Condition red, we have a level 5 Munquake. Repeat, Condition red..."

G9hSgB9.png

PuvxrHe.png

As the Chariot skidded and tumbled past the Munbase, Piper caught a glimpse of the colony also being hurled off the ground and landing with a violent explosion, splitting the colony base into pieces.

0L9c5QG.png

82o4hU7.png

mo9ZlNf.png

xe5D002.png

It was hard to tell what was happening around her, and with a scream she pulled back on the Chariot's controls as hard as she could. But the huge rover landed on it's roof, and for an instant Piper saw a blinding flash of light, then everything went black.

2pyRtvO.png

ndOuvli.png

8lfMMkN.png

9sux7L1.png

At what was left of the Munbase, Commander Doski evacuated his crew as fast as possible, and was relieved to find everyone in more or less one piece. The base was a shambles, but his people were safe... But what of Piper and her crew? He had caught sight of the Chariot right before the quake hit, and was horrified to see it spiraling out of control, and feared the worst.

OymqCPy.png

sReNBp4.png

PPatvcj.png

yZTPIRh.png

As soon as the Chariot slid to a stop, Frannie and the Rocklady scurried out to help free Piper, who tumbled out of her cockpit in a heap.

KqUsIXG.png

Frannie gasped in fear, but Piper quickly climbed to her feet with a smile.

"You..." Frannie smiled in relief, "You..... you have to be the toughest Kerban alive... Ma'am"

iIkqNEl.png

Looking down at the wreckage of the colony, Piper called out, "Commander Doski, are you in need of assistance?"

Clearly relieved, Commander Doski answered back, "Commander Piper, I was going to ask you the same. Would you ladies like to join us? This isn't exactly the reception we had planned, but perhaps together we can salvage some snacks from this mess."

4SCT7tk.png

6o3sYBY.png

Once Piper reached the colony remains, Commander Doski turned serious for a moment. "Commander Piper, you are clearly the senior ranking officer, I defer my command to your judgement. What are your orders, ma'am?"

Piper stood and smiled at her brave comrades. "For now we try and contact mission control for a pickup. Then we get some sleep, if possible." She paused for a moment, then continued in a softer voice, "And I recommend you all thank whatever gods you may worship that we lost no-one here tonight."

3owPT4u.png

Meanwhile on Eve, Harfield and Emiko Kerman were working on Emiko's Kerbanese when they heard a dull thud and felt a slight shudder ripple thru the small base.

"What in the..." Harfield muttered as he reached for his helmet.  "Come, Emiko, let's go investigate."

fIBSMiX.png

x2SZtYZ.png

Once outside, Harfield looked around and then let out a gasp of amazement at what he saw behind the small base.

lOnlPow.png

Towering above them, on the spot where Emiko had emerged, was now a massive, glowing boulder! Rippled in red, it seemed almost molten, and was impossibly balanced on a point, as if it was floating just slightly above the ground.

ZL6VPXA.png

u4vDN4U.png

"I... I don't believe it," Harfield whispered.  "That's impossible!"

"Not... not impossible, Harfield Kerman," Emiko choked, "No.... oh no, not impossible. And not a dream. Oh, Harfield... it's not a dream!"

Confused, Harfield looked back and saw Emiko walking away, and he ran to catch up to her.

sD91IBT.png

"Emiko," Harfield called out, "Emiko... wait for me!"

Concerned something was wrong, Harfield ran in front of Emiko, but was surprised to find her smiling and softly weeping. "Harfield... Oh, Harfield Kerman," she choked, "Emiko... Emiko's not mad... not dreaming!!!"

1QxyrQD.png

"You thought you were mad?" Harfield asked. "That this was all a dream?"

"Yes... yes, Harfield Kerman... Emiko believe she was insane. All this... all this another dream"

"But now... that... thing? I'm not sure I understand, Emiko. What is that?"

"Thing is Magic Boulder, Harfield Kerman. Evil, bad Magic Boulder. Emiko has seen this one before. But Emiko... I... thought it..."

"Ahhh, I believe I understand," Harfield smiled, "And if it makes you feel better, I also see this... Magic Boulder... and I do believe I am real. So either we are both mad, or you, my friend Emiko, are in fact quite sane."

Emiko beamed, "Thank you... thank you, Harfield Kerman."

"But Emiko, I thought Magic Boulders were a myth."
"Oh, no, Harfield Kerman, Magic Boulders are very real.  The others showed me..."

"Wait, what?" Harfield gasped, "Others? What others?"

But instead of replying, Emiko backed away a couple steps, and to Harfields surprise, she began to sing. Not a Kerban song, this was utterly alien and beautiful, in a bizarre sort of way, and Harfield felt a chill running down his spine. It was so very weird, and so very lovely, and at times didn't even seem like a language at all. And then to his complete and utter amazement, Harfield watched Emiko spread her arms, and gently hop off the ground... and continue to rise up into the air!

ozlnklZ.png

4vvDrAq.png

iJNf7eJ.png

aI0qGJp.png

"Impossible..." was all Harfield could whisper as he watched Emiko gently floating above him, now humming her weird alien tune.

"Impossible..."

TLpMRjy.png

etA3lPN.png

Ek98PZ1.png

Harfield was stunned. Everything he knew about physics said this was just could not be happening. But there she was, now eclipsed in the sun and continuing to sing. And her tune was now changing, and Harfield felt it coming to an end, and as it did, so did Emiko gently float back to the ground.

"Impossible..."

A42yTRO.png

GfAGxNf.png

brkw9qn.png

"Emiko... what... how... how did you do that?"

Emiko did not answer, but instead beamed, "Harfield Kerman... look behind you."

And when he did, Harfield nearly fell over in shock. Towering only a few meters behind him was another Magic Boulder, only this one was green!

Rw9Ahlg.png

he3M1FJ.png

"Emiko..." Harfield again asked, "How?  Emiko, I'm a scientist, I don't... can't... believe in magic!"

Emiko smiled and walked closer to Harfield. "Name is Magic Boulder, but not magic, Harfield. Magic Boulder is... is..." Emiko frowned, and Harfield knew she was struggling to find the right words.

"it's OK, Emiko, take your time."

"Thank you, Harfield Kerman.  Magic Boulder is tool... device. Alien to Kerban, and even Kerbol... and old, Harfield Kerman. Magic Boulder is incredibly old."

"An alien device?" Harfield whispered, now completely fascinated. "But what does it do?"

"Magic Boulder is a.. window... door... portal... yes, portal! And red, evil Magic Boulder..."  Emiko drifted off into silence.

"What, Emiko?  What about the red one?"

"Red Magic Boulder is... weapon... weapon of war, Harfield Kerman! Horrible weapon of war!"

GqlmtR2.png

Harfield didn't understand the meaning of Emiko's last statement, but could tell from the menace in her voice this weapon of war thing must be very, very bad.

"So what do we do now?" He asked.

"We leave this place, Harfield Kerman." Emiko answered, "Soon others may come, we must leave now."

"Wait.... what? Leave? You said the Magic Boulder is a portal... Are you saying.... you can open it?"

Emiko could barely contain her glee. "Yes... YES, Harfield Kerman! Green one is Emiko's Magic Boulder, and we can leave this horrible place right now!"

hATl2cd.png

"OK, so what do we do?" Harfield asked.

"Walk up to it," Emiko replied, "Be not afraid.."

"I am a scientist, Emiko," Harfield smiled, "I do not fear the unknown, I welcome it!"

And with those words, Harfield felt a strange and warm tingle engulf him, and he was gently lifted off the ground and in front of the boulder.

jmPl8h1.png

KwOQoY4.png

"This.. this is remarkable!" Harfield whispered.  And with a flash, he disappeared.

gBRBOiA.png

xPfw9oS.png

Now alone, Emiko smiled at her Magic Boulder.

"Emiko is so.. so very sorry I doubted. You are real, and Emiko should have summoned you sooner. Forgive me, old friend."

Then she walked up to the gigantic boulder, and was lifted up and into it with a flash of brilliance.

J0NzmLd.png

ZqrLtfD.png

2xIfJy2.png

Lbi5X29.png

And now the two Magic Boulders were alone on Eve, and for several seconds nothing seemed to happen. Then the the red one began to glow brighter, as if a surge of molten power was growing in it's core. But before it could unleash this power, the Emiko's Magic Boulder let out a brilliant flash of light, and disappeared.

And the red Magic Boulder was left alone on Eve.

NK2qMFP.png

U7oMQCv.png

UUHIQ5w.png

mHZXtDu.png

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the Tale of Emiko Kerman, are far, far from over....

Go to Chapter 57
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim
replaced 2 pictures

4 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Ooooooh....take THAT Thompberry!  Although...ol' Thomp seems to have regained his humanity...for now at least.  hopefully Kerenna can make him come around completely.

Or at least long enough for him to decide he'd rather do a kamikaze run against some threat we've yet to see rather than lose his humanity/Kerabity again....

4 minutes ago, Mjp1050 said:

And you were so close to finishing the Elcano challenge, too...

Oh, as far as the game goes, I finished the challange, and have plenty of screenshots to prove it. 
But I wanted something a little more spectacular for the story than just driving home after it was over... :wink:

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Ooooooh....take THAT Thompberry!  Although...ol' Thomp seems to have regained his humanity...for now at least.  hopefully Kerenna can make him come around completely.

Even I don't know for sure at this point... 

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

It's the war of the... Big rock things?... Oh well. Awesome new chapter!!!

Haha... that isn't quite where I'm going with this, but it does have a rather Kerbalish ring to it...

The War of the Big Rock Things...

lmao....  :cool:

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thru the night the fire raged, while brave and valiant Kerbals risked their lives to save their trapped comrades.

Old fireman joke:

Newspaper Headline:  "Left to itself, the fire would have burned itself out by 10:00pm but the strenuous efforts of the Fire Department managed to keep it going all night."  Extinguishing fires with water is all about the heat release rate (HRR) of the burning fuel vs. the amount of heat the water you're throwing at it can absorb before it wafts away as steam.  It's pretty much an all-or-nothing deal.  If you can flow enough gallons per minute, then the fire goes right out as fuel temperature drops below its ignition temperature.  If you flow less than that, then you just slow down the growth and development of the fire in proportion, but the fire won't go out until it starts to decay naturally from having consumed most of the available fuel.  As this happens, its HRR decreases until it drops below what your water can absorb, at which point it goes right out.  Any water added to the fire prior to it reaching that point just prolongs the inevitable.  That's why the above headline.

There are some fairly accurate empirical rules of thumb for how many gallons of water per minute you need to flow to extinguish a fire of an easily eyeballed size.  And there are corresponding rules of thumb for how much water you can flow given the firetrucks, hydrants, hoses, and whatnot at your disposal.  It is thus immediately obvious to all firemen whether or not putting whatever water they have on the fire will do good or just be counterproductive (unless it's a rescue situation, in which case all bets are off)..  But firemen work for taxpayers and taxpayers don't understand how all this works, so they complain if the fire department shows and does nothing at all until the last remains of the building are collapsing under their own, fire-weakened weight.  So firemen are condemned to spray insufficient amounts of water on big fires just to keep the public happy, even though this means they'll be there for hours more than necessary.

Meanwhile, on the Mun, Piper Kerman and her crew were less than half a kilometer from Munbase Alpha and closing in fast.  They had successfully circumnavigated the Mun,

Bravo!  

"Harfield... Oh, Harfield Kerman," she choked, "Emiko... Emiko's not mad... not dreaming!!!"

I can't tell you how many dreams I've said that in.  And of course she's quite mad.  How many sanity points does it cost just to turn a page in The Book That Shall Not Be Named, let alone seeing various things it mentions?

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"I am a scientist, Emiko," Harfield smiled, "I do not fear the unknown, I welcome it!"

Another fireman joke:  "Anybody who is not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation." :D

23 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Old fireman joke:

Newspaper Headline:  "Left to itself, the fire would have burned itself out by 10:00pm but the strenuous efforts of the Fire Department managed to keep it going all night."

Several years ago I watched a paint factory burn... I'm sure you can imagine what an inferno that was.  From a mile away we could feel the heat!  And there was nothing the fire companies could do but try to keep it contained and get everyone out as fast as they could.  Then they just let it burn.  We watched it for hours.

I imagined the VAB fire in a similar way.  There would be no way to put it out, just get everyone out ASAP and try to keep it from spreading to the other buildings.

I can't tell you how many dreams I've said that in.  And of course she's quite mad.  How many sanity points does it cost just to turn a page in The Book That Shall Not Be Named, let alone seeing various things it mentions?

I still haven't quite decided how much or little she was able to translate...  :confused:

Another fireman joke:  "Anybody who is not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation." :D

I've heard the same.... but in his defense, Harfield really didn't understand the situation too well...
He was just a little too blown away to resist... lol.... :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

33 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I imagined the VAB fire in a similar way.  There would be no way to put it out, just get everyone out ASAP and try to keep it from spreading to the other buildings.

Yeah, any major building collapse like that would probably break the water mains and thus limit how much water was available for firefighting.  And all of that would be sprayed on the adjacent buildings to absorb the radiant heat and keep them from igniting.

34 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I still haven't quite decided how much or little she was able to translate... 

You don't need to translate it, it just floods your mind and you KNOW, and can never forget, nor be sane again.  Just as the green Magic Boulder is a portal, so that Never-To-Be-Sufficiently-Damned Book is a DVD-player.  At least it was so in my experience.  And you call me "mad".  "Mad"?  How can I be mad?  I know the ultimate truths.  It is you who are mad not to see Them.  Their hand is at your throats yet you see Them not!  As a foulness shall ye know Them!   Ia!  Shub-Niggurath!   Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  Cthulhu fhtagn!  Emiko fhtagn!

34 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I've heard the same.... but in his defense, Harfield really didn't understand the situation too well...
He was just a little too blown away to resist... lol.... :cool:

What about this one?

"Never share a foxhole or enter a burning building with somebody who is braver or stupider than you."

4 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

You don't need to translate it, it just floods your mind and you KNOW, and can never forget, nor be sane again.  Just as the green Magic Boulder is a portal, so that Never-To-Be-Sufficiently-Damned Book is a DVD-player.  At least it was so in my experience.  And you call me "mad".  "Mad"?  How can I be mad?  I know the ultimate truths.  It is you who are mad not to see Them.  Their hand is at your throats yet you see Them not!  As a foulness shall ye know Them!   Ia!  Shub-Niggurath!   Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  Cthulhu fhtagn!  Emiko fhtagn!

You've just given me an idea... bwaahahaha....  :wink:

5 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

What about this one?

"Never share a foxhole or enter a burning building with somebody who is braver or stupider than you."

Or ride in a rocket???  :D

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

You've just given me an idea... bwaahahaha....  :wink:

Emiko fhtagn!

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And in strange aeons, even Death may die

There is the small matter of all the time she was away.  Was she imprisoned by the Great Race?

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Or ride in a rocket???  :D

Taters totters :)

9 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

There is the small matter of all the time she was away.  Was she imprisoned by the Great Race?

Something a little more... subtle...  :wink:

Awww man, I'm out of likes for today... 

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"No way....  Sir!  Doctor von Kerman, sir, look... out there... I... I don't believe it!!"
"Speak plainly, lad," von Kerman shouted back, "Look at what?"
"The monolith in the field, sir... I can see it from here... Sir... it's grown... it's... it's HUGE!"

I see what you did there!

Whoa, that's just... What the patch is going on!??

15 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Something a little more... subtle...  :wink:

Being stuck in a wormhole, maybe even with different time passing rate?

15 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

And don't fly with Jeb. Seriously, with him I often get disproportionate amount of strange unexpected problems (once he even killed 2 tourists by losing half the descent module due to chute glitch. and got away with that).

20 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Old fireman joke:

Newspaper Headline:  "Left to itself, the fire would have burned itself out by 10:00pm but the strenuous efforts of the Fire Department managed to keep it going all night."  Extinguishing fires with water is all about the heat release rate (HRR) of the burning fuel vs. the amount of heat the water you're throwing at it can absorb before it wafts away as steam.  It's pretty much an all-or-nothing deal.  If you can flow enough gallons per minute, then the fire goes right out as fuel temperature drops below its ignition temperature.  If you flow less than that, then you just slow down the growth and development of the fire in proportion, but the fire won't go out until it starts to decay naturally from having consumed most of the available fuel.  As this happens, its HRR decreases until it drops below what your water can absorb, at which point it goes right out.  Any water added to the fire prior to it reaching that point just prolongs the inevitable.  That's why the above headline.

There are some fairly accurate empirical rules of thumb for how many gallons of water per minute you need to flow to extinguish a fire of an easily eyeballed size.  And there are corresponding rules of thumb for how much water you can flow given the firetrucks, hydrants, hoses, and whatnot at your disposal.  It is thus immediately obvious to all firemen whether or not putting whatever water they have on the fire will do good or just be counterproductive (unless it's a rescue situation, in which case all bets are off)..  But firemen work for taxpayers and taxpayers don't understand how all this works, so they complain if the fire department shows and does nothing at all until the last remains of the building are collapsing under their own, fire-weakened weight.  So firemen are condemned to spray insufficient amounts of water on big fires just to keep the public happy, even though this means they'll be there for hours more than necessary.

[...]

Wow, that's really interesting!  Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:55 AM, Just Jim said:

"You..... you have to be the toughest Kerban alive... Ma'am"

I'll say!

Well, that explains a bit more, and raises even more questions (not in a bad way). In addition, it finally seems to have provided a hint as to how the Kerbals, about as helpless as a Tribal planet is in Spore (should you chose to take over in Space stage) in regard to the threat they seem to be facing could feasibly stand up to it. Also, it looks like this "chessgame" has entered another stage. First priority for analysing: work out how many sides there actually are.

Eagerly awaiting the follow-up

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

12 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

YES! A new chapter!!! WA HOOO!!!!!

hehe, yeah.  And I have most everything ready for the next one.  But I'm thinking it needs a little more.... I just can't decide what yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.