The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Ahh... brings me back to the time I left a (near-literal) cliffhanger with Jeb falling off the top of the KSC flagpole. A lovely moment ruined by three pages of--

"Ehh, I dropped him off the VAB once and he was fine."
"Oh yeah? I dropped him from 3km up and he was BETTER THAN EVER!"
"You just need to land them on their heads."
"Hey, if he fired a gun downward would it be enough to make him hover?"

Good times, good times. :) 

hahahahhahaha :D

12 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh... From the pic it looked like the top of the VAB...

11 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

They can survive that fall too.

You know I had to go and try this after reading it... lol.  Piper jumped from the VAB, landed feet first, and survived... bounced a little, but survived. :confused:

23 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

@Just Jim take your time a good author doesn't work well under pressure so do a good job and don't cave to the pressure fight back like a rocket engines combustion chamber holds it and controls the pressure use it to your advantage cliffhangers leave everyone wanting more. :wink: Fly carefully.

It's OK... I just don't want to make everyone wait as long as that last chapter. And I got must everything done today. I'm mostly just working out the dialogue in my head. Oh, I also had a Homer Simpson "D'oh" moment earlier and remembered something I wrote a while back that works into the next chapter quite nicely, so and I want to go and re-read some of the early chapters to make sure I don't contradict myself, and pull a few screenshots from the archive. Shouldn't be too long this time. :)

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Good times, good times. :) 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

You know I had to go and try this after reading it... lol.  Piper jumped from the VAB, landed feet first, and survived... bounced a little, but survived. :confused:

It's OK... I just don't want to make everyone wait as long as that last chapter. And I got must everything done today. I'm mostly just working out the dialogue in my head. Oh, I also had a Homer Simpson "D'oh" moment earlier and remembered something I wrote a while back that works into the next chapter quite nicely, so and I want to go and re-read some of the early chapters to make sure I don't contradict myself, and pull a few screenshots from the archive. Shouldn't be too long this time. :)

:rolleyes:

In one of my RSS/RO careers, Jeb  survived a fall from 30km up onto land.

2 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

@Just Jim isn't communicating because he is in deep thought on how to destroy the death star I mean magic boulder.:rolleyes:

hehehe... no, I was busy most of the day cooking. (FYI, Jim loves to cook!) Tomorrow is thanksgiving and it's easier if I make pies and some other stuff today.

But I also had a chance to touch base with a couple of the other authors today. I can't say why, but it will be clear in the next chapter. And in doing I worked out the last remaining details... and I'm psyched about this next chapter now! This is going to be really fun!  :sticktongue:

Again, tomorrow is a holiday, but most of the cooking is already done, so I'm going to try and wrap up the last few screenshots tomorrow morning and then get this written up Friday.

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

hehehe... no, I was busy most of the day cooking. (FYI, Jim loves to cook!) Tomorrow is thanksgiving and it's easier if I make pies and some other stuff today.

But I also had a chance to touch base with a couple of the other authors today. I can't say why, but it will be clear in the next chapter. And in doing I worked out the last remaining details... and I'm psyched about this next chapter now! This is going to be really fun!  :sticktongue:

Again, tomorrow is a holiday, but most of the cooking is already done, so I'm going to try and wrap up the last few screenshots tomorrow morning and then get this written up Friday.

Ok. 

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

IT'S A THANKSGIVING CROSSOVER!!! 

6 minutes ago, max_creative said:

IT'S A THANKSGIVING CROSSOVER!!! 

hehe, no, not a crossover.

But I've given out enough bread crumbs the last few days, if you think about it carefully you may be able to see where I'm heading with this... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Aww... 

But I've given out enough bread crumbs the last few days, if you think about it carefully you may be able to see where I'm heading with this... :wink:

Ducks like bread crumbs. Ducks are birds. Birds fly. Planes fly. Turkey are also birds. Emiko punched someone in one of your teaser images. 

Sooooo... You're saying that Emiko will be punching big turkey airplanes because humans taught her to do that on thanksgiving? XD

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Evidence sugests something to do with the magic boulders and the the fact that one of the M.I.A kerbals is back also thanksgiving something to do with spiked punch ( strokes beard ).:confused:

Edited by Buzz light fear
Poor grammar

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :)

Today went well. I ate way too much, but still got a lot done in the game as well. Not everything, but a lot, including this teaser screenshot from the next chapter. I wish I could see your faces trying to figure out who this pour soul is...

Spoiler

...and why he has 2 huge engines pointed straight at him!  :0.0:

LccmvxQ.png

Edited by Just Jim

38 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :)

Today went well. I ate way too much, but still got a lot done in the game as well. Not everything, but a lot, including this teaser screenshot from the next chapter. I wish I could see your faces trying to figure out who this pour soul is...

Hide contents

...and why he has 2 huge engines pointed straight at him!  :0.0:

LccmvxQ.png

Kerbal has scruff so kuzzter?

I think I have all the screenshots done... and there are some beauties... bwaahahaha....

I'll sort and Photoshop the ones that need it and all that jazz tomorrow.

On 11/24/2016 at 8:45 PM, Buzz light fear said:

Kerbal has scruff so kuzzter?

Nope, Kuzzter and the crew are still on Minmus with the green meanie monolith. But good observation. :wink:

I think I have all the screenshots done... and there are some beauties... bwaahahaha....

I'll sort and Photoshop the ones that need it and all that jazz tomorrow.

Nope, Kuzzter and the crew are still on Minmus with the green meanie monolith. But good observation. :wink:

Jeb is on his way home with Val so not him there is no stash so not von Kerman maybe hart field but not gene not blond maybe it is Rokea jr who data stoped being given about I dunno. Could it be brain in a boxes dad or am I just over imagining.

Edited by Buzz light fear
Confused

On 11/24/2016 at 7:07 PM, Just Jim said:

I wish I could see your faces trying to figure out who this pour soul is...

Prisoners 372434526 through 372434637 of the 7468th Penal Battalion.  Such units are for when being a galley slave of the Circus is too lenient :wink:

But  in your universe, I'd wager on Thompberry.  I'd say this is how his remains ended up in a jar.  After all, you did drop his name recently.....

Edited by Geschosskopf

The screenshots are finally done and uploaded, so new chapter tomorrow.  :)

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Prisoners 372434526 through 372434637 of the 7468th Penal Battalion.  Such units are for when being a galley slave of the Circus is too lenient :wink:

But in your universe, I'd wager on Thompberry.  I'd say this is how his remains ended up in a jar.  After all, you did drop his name recently.....

Yes, definitely a prisoner. But no, not Thompberry.

21 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

Jeb is on his way home with Val so not him there is no stash so not von Kerman maybe hart field but not gene not blond maybe it is Rokea jr who data stopped being given about I dunno. Could it be brain in a boxes dad or am I just over imagining.

You're warm.... :wink:

8 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

Has anyone thought to check these coordinates 31.2°N 28.5°W on Duna just to see if squad put anything there from the Martian may be if there is something there @Just Jim could use it in a chapter 

I looked today, but didn't find anything.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The screenshots are finally done and uploaded, so new chapter tomorrow.  :)

Yes, definitely a prisoner. But no, not Thompberry.

You're warm.... :wink:

I looked today, but didn't find anything.

So it is either rokea jr or thwopberrys dad? I'd dunno.:rolleyes: @Just Jimsorry if I wasted your time with the coordinates it was an idea that squad might have had fun with the film other than the dicription of the rtg.:blush:

8 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

@Just Jimsorry if I wasted your time with the coordinates it was an idea that squad might have had fun with the film other than the dicription of the rtg.:blush:

Oh don't worry about it, it only took a couple minutes using HE to check it out, and I did happen to stumble across a different anomaly, so it was well worth the time.... :)

This ain't no technological breakdown
Oh no, this is the road to hell...
                                                                           Chris Rea: "The Road To Hell (Part 2)"

Chapter 70
:0.0:     Ghosts In The Machine    :0.0:

"Breathe, Piper Kerman... Breathe... That's it... slowly,... it's OK.... evil Magic Boulder all gone..."

Wb6P4GH.png

"Gone?" Piper whispered, still half paralyzed with terror. "Gone?"

"Yes, Piper Kerman," Emiko said gently, "As fast as it appeared, bad Magic Boulder left."

"I... I'm so sorry... I..."

"Shhhhhh, Piper Kerman, is all right. Scared Emiko, too. Now just relax and breathe... In thru nose, out thru mouth, in thru nose, out thru mouth..."

"Emiko... Ah, Emiko?" Harfield interrupted, pointing at his face.

"What?" Emiko asked, then realized what he meant and laughed. "Oh, yes. Emiko forgot... no nose anymore. In thru mouth, out thru mouth, Piper Kerman."

UGSnUxm.png

ebkTDhC.png

But as Piper climbed back to her feet, she recalled what had happened.

"Wait, I... I thought I saw something.. someone..." Her eyes suddenly widened, and looking behind the rest of the group where the red Magic Boulder had been, Piper gasped, "What is THAT???"

8gHlSPf.png

AFI7NsQ.png

gP7CLrE.png

Apparently something had emerged from the Magic Boulder... something that was slowly floating down towards Piper and the group. But what that something was... well, Piper just couldn't believe her eyes.

"I... I don't believe in ghosts..." she whispered.

pxALiKK.png

"Oh?" the strange apparition sneered, looking directly at Piper. "Boo!"

MoFIcTt.png

"Not impressed," Piper laughed. After the panic attack she had experienced from the magic boulder, this "ghost" seemed almost.... anticlimactic. But before she could continue, Harfield interrupted.

"Sanny? Yes, you're Sanny. Everyone, this is Sanny, the one Emiko and I met on Ovok. It was Ovok, was it not, Sanny?"

"Well, duh! And don't talk about me to them! They're nasty!"

Then Sanny turned. "You, Sparkles... are you the one they call Emiko?"

poCGF4G.png

"Yes, name is Emiko. Very pleased to meet you, Sanny the ghost."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Sanny scowled "You need to come with me, now!"

Almost simultaneously the group gasped, "What? No!"

"Now" Sanny said again, reaching out and trying to grasp Emiko's arm, but passing right thru her. "Awww, kraken krap... you, too?"

"Emiko, too... what?" Emiko asked, "Why does Emiko need to go with Sanny?"

OXgEZ36.png

"Never mind, just come with me," Sanny sighed indignantly.

"No, tell Emiko first." Emiko said with a mischievous grin. "Emiko good at this, can play games with ghost all night."

"Arrrggg," Sanny growled, "Fine! I need you to fix my monolith, OK? Satisfied?"

"Fix it? What is wrong with monolith?" Emiko asked, then had a sudden thought. "Sanny, is monolith green and sick now?"

"Yes!" Sanny screamed, "Yes... My beautiful monolith... it's... it'sss... Oh, this is all your fault! Now come on!"

Not sure what she should do, Emiko turned and looked at the group. 

"I don't like it," Piper said, eyeing Sanny suspiciously.

"Neither do I," Gene said, "But I have no authority over you, Emiko... not really. Only you know how to use that magic boulder of yours. If you think it's safe, then I can't stop you. But I would ask you don't go alone."

"Emiko agrees..." but then Sanny turned and interrupted her.

"Only that other one... the one that was there already. He can't pollute my monolith any more than he already has."

Before Harfield could answer, Jandolin objected, "No, where he goes, I go."

"What?" Sanny screeched, "And just WHO are you to even be talking to me?"

"I am his wife!" Jandolin screeched back.

"Oh?" Sanny suddenly giggled. "Oh???  Really?" Then she turned to Harfield and said sarcastically, "Fine, you can bring your... wife. But honestly, between you and me, you may not be any Tom Kruise, but you could have done way better."

"What???" Jandolin screamed, but Harfield grabbed her arm before she could dive at the ghost and end up flying off the roof instead.

"OK, let's just go and get it over with, shall we?"

But as they approached Emiko's Magic Boulder, Sanny, who was floated a couple meters ahead of Emiko, Harfield, and Jandolin, suddenly stopped and yelled at the Magic Boulder.

"What? WHAT?"

nxreajF.png

Emiko stopped and looked at Harfield and Jandolin, but before she could say anything, Sanny howled at the Magic Boulder again.

"What do you mean, no?"

"Ahhhhh, Emiko, is she talking to your boulder?" Harfield whispered.

"Emiko... thinks so... not sure."

V6Mty7l.png

For a few seconds there was silence, just the sound of moonkrickets chirping in the hills, and a rare teal platypus chattering in the distance.

Then Sanny screamed at the boulder again. "Yes... yes you WILL take us!!!

Harfield looked at Emiko, but she just shrugged as Sanny drew right up close to the Magic Boulder and began to rant.

"Yes, of course I know it's a trap, duh!!! I don't care, I need her to spring it so I can get my monolith back!! Now TAKE US TO OVOK!!!"

bCBjKFr.png

An hour later Emiko, Harfield, and Jandolin were back on top of the administration building with their friends, watching as Sanny continued to rant at Emiko's Magic Boulder.

RVaXDD8.png

Standing behind her, Gene shook his head. "Emiko, you are not going to Ovok."

"Emiko not arguing," Emiko answered, watching Sanny in fascination. "Ghost is crazy..."

"Yes, she is." Gene agreed. "I'm not sure this night could get much weirder."

But just then the sinister, yet familiar voice of Thompberry Kerman slithered across Gene's headset.

"Gene Kerman <bubble gurgle> Am I... interrupting?"

2t52QNS.png

Before Gene could answer, Piper reached over and punched him in the arm. "You HAD to say it, didn't you?"

"Ouch! Is that any way to treat your superior officer?" Gene exclaimed. "What do you want, Thompberry?"

"I am interrupting <gurgle> Is there a problem I am <bubble> unaware of?"

"Trust me, Thompberry, you wouldn't believe me if I told you." Gene replied. 

"Oh, is that so, Gene my friend? <gurgle> I am a lonely brain floating in a jar <gurgle gurgle> There is little I would not believe."

"OK, fine," Gene sighed, "We seem to have acquired a... a ghost."

jVf4pEh.png

"Wait... <gurgle> what?" Thompberry responded after a couple seconds, "You already <gurgle blurp> know?"

Now Gene was confused, "Already know??? What?"

"What???"

"What???"

<gurgle gurgle...> "What?"

ajBXRWj.png

"OK, stop," Gene sighed again. "About an hour ago, we had an.... incident. Something appeared, a some sort of... spirit... an apparition, who says she's a ghost."

"Fascinating. <gurgle> You must tell me all about it. <gurgle bubble> But now is not the time." Thompberry's voice grew much more serious. "I have encountered <bubble gurgle> a ghost of my own. <gurgle> One far, far more troubling."

Gene didn't like the sound of this, "Go on."

"I have been collating and analyzing <gurgle bubble> the data from right before that terrible <bubble> Eagle lander explosion on the Mun. <gurgle> And I now know what caused it.... <gurgle> I did. But I... <gurgle> I do not understand how..."

Lo7uDLw.png

"I knew it!" Piper Kerman yelled into her headset. "You nasty, misbegotten... thing!"

"Piper..." Gene cut her off before she could got into another full blown rant. "OK, Thompberry, explain."

"First, I must confirm one thing. <bubble gurgle> Would you be so kind <gurgle> as to patch us in with the raptor en route from Duna?"

Now less than 100 days from home, Jeb and the crew aboard the Duna raptor were still reeling from Emiko's strange tale. 

"Gramiko lived on another planet... with aliens!" Valentina squealed, "How cool is that?"

1TeWfbA.jpg

"Incredible," Bob started to answer, but was cut off by the cabin radio.

"Mission control to Duna Raptor, are you receiving?"

Val reached over and hit the mike switch, "Loud and clear, bossy bossman. How can we help you?"

"Look, I know you won't like this," Gene's voice seemed to falter a moment, "But there's someone that needs to talk to you."

"Valentina, darling <gurgle> It is good to speak to you again."

"Ugggg, yuk." Val grumbled, her good mood suddenly blown.

"Oh, Valentina.<gurgle> Are you not glad to speak with me? <gurgle> I ask so little..."

"Fine... what do you want?" 

"I need you to think back <gurgle> all of you. Back to your first encounter <gurgle> with the Mun saucer. Do you recall that event?"

"We remember," Jeb answered, "What about it?"

"Ahhh, Jebediah. <gurgle> Good. When you first encountered the crashed Mun Saucer <gurgle bubble> You also interrupted one of my <bubble gurgle> old probe saucers, did you not?"

"Yes, yes we did."

Saix80u.jpg

R7qVCFg.jpg

"Jebediah <gurgle> this is vital. <bubble> What happened to that probe saucer? <gurgle bubble> Did it self destruct?"

"No," Bob answered this time. "No, it just flew off, and we never saw it again."

hHPYv1k.jpg

3EWZyIK.jpg

Back on Kerbin, Gene and the rest waited for Thompberry to respond... and waited... and waited, until Gene realized where Thompberry was heading with this train of thought.

"Wait, are you suggesting that old saucer of yours may have caused the Eagle to explode?"

"Yes, Gene Kerman <gurgle> I don't understand how <bubble> but the data is unarguable. <gurgle> The Eagle was hit <gurgle> with a very powerful scrambler beam. One of my own design. Which can only mean that saucer survived <gurgle boil> and somehow, beyond reason, is still functioning."

"That makes sense." Harfield whispered. 

"What?" Piper turned and asked.

"Yes," Harfield continued, "Yes. Just before the explosion, my instruments went wild... it was only a second, but I remember now. That must have been the scrambler."

"So we have a rogue saucer?" Gene asked, "Great. Just great. So what are we to do now, Thompberry? This is your... child. How do we stop it from blowing up anything else?"

"There is a way, Gene my friend <gurgle bubble> Would you be so kind <gurgle> and go to the central control room?"

"What?" Gene was suddenly suspicious. "Why?"

"Please... <gurgle> I have a <bubble boil> gift for you."

Once he reached the control room, having stopped along the way for a bag of cheese snacks, then surrendering half of them to Emiko, Gene walked to an empty desk and put on the headset. 

"OK, Thompberry, I'm in the control room. Now what is this all about?"

"Ahh, Gene, old friend, <gurgle bubble> you are going to love this," Thompberry laughed in his bubbly way. "Computer, access Kerbal Espionage and Research Broad-wave Network system."

Then to Gene's astonishment, the entire room answered, "Working..."

JeTOxyU.png

"All security restrictions are lifted. <gurgle> Full access is granted."

Gene watched in amazement as every monitor in the room popped on, and incredible amounts of data began streaming across them, and a strangely familiar voice came across his speaker.

"Greetings, Gene Kerman. It has been a long time."

"I... I don't understand," Gene stammered. "What are you? How do you know my name?"

"Let me explain <gurgle bubble> I... I wasn't quite truthful <gurgle> about certain things in my past."

"That, Thompberry, is the only thing that isn't surprising about all this." Gene growled. "What did you lie about this time?"

"Ahh, Gene... I like you." Thompberry laughed. "You asked me what to do <gurgle bubble> about this apparent rogue saucer. <gurgle> First we must find it <gurgle> and for this we need <bubble> assistance."

"I still don't understand." Gene was growing flustered. "What have you done to the computers?"

"Once I shared this <gurgle gurgle> brain pod <bubble boil> with the artificial intelligence from my other saucers <gurgle> the one calling itself Omega-77."

"I remember," Gene whispered. "Wait... are you saying?"

"Yes, Gene, it is I," the voice rang out across the control room. "Once Alpha-77, then Omega-77, and now the Kerbal Espionage Research Broad-wave Network system. But please, call me Kerbnet."

"Whaaa..." Gene gasped. "How?"

"When I said I had purged myself of the Omega-77 <gurgle> I lied." Thompberry chuckled, "I downloaded it here instead <gurgle> into the central computer <bubble gurgle> Truth is, old friend, <bubble gurgle> it's been in there for years."

WxTE9ap.png

"Do not be alarmed," the program calling itself Kerbnet now said. "Thompberry Kerman has no control over my programming any longer, and I offer you many benefits. Most importantly, I have been monitoring your situation, and believe I can be of assistance."

Gene didn't know what to think. But he remembered how his love Kerenna had trusted Omega-77 those many years ago, and trusted her instincts.

"How can you assist?" Gene asked cautiously.

"Know that I have been studying your communications network, and found it to be quite inefficient." Kerbnet explained. "My programming now ties all the satellite probe cores into one centralized network, allowing them to utilize the combined computation abilities off all systems simultaneously, and vastly increasing the speed and efficiency of the system as a whole."

"Yes," Emiko giggled to herself, "But can Kerbnet stream Netflix???" 

Harfield glanced at her and smiled, but like many of her strange Earth comments, he really didn't know what she was talking about.

mW8U3tx.png

"And now that Kerbnet has the data <gurgle gurgle> collected from the Mun and Minmus monolith and other anomalies," Thompberry continued, "It can begin <gurgle> to actively search them out <bubble> with much greater speed and efficiency!" 

3TfuSks.png

Hq6UjVo.png

"Whoa..." Gene whispered in awe as he watched the monitor in front of him, "I wish Werhner could see this. Have you found anything yet?"

"Yes, Gene Kerman," Kerbnet replied, "I have found several anomalies that appear to be monoliths, as well as two unidentified anomalies."

"Unidentified? Where?"

"Data suggests the first to possible be a possible grouping of monoliths on Vall." Kerbnet answered.

6qSHCq8.png

"And the second?" Gene asked.

"The second is on Tylo, and the readings are unlike any anomalies so far investigated. There is a remote chance it could be an arch, but if so, it would have to be much larger than those found on the Mun. But there is much interference, emanating from a source that does not appear to be of natural origin."

vfkcpXp.png

"Tylo..." Gene shook his head. "None of the landers survived...."

But just then the signal went dead.

fX8BoST.png

"What the..." Gene called out, but was cut off by the eerie voice of Sanny the Ghost screaming across the speakers.

"Now hear this!! This is Sanny, you have just one warning. If you want your fancy-dancy computer system back online, tell Sparkles to cooperate and return with me to Ovok... NOW! Do not underestimate me, before I died I was imprisoned by the Circus for writing viruses... don't make me show you why they tortured me first.... I am now the ghost in your machine, and you have been warned."

Meanwhile, hundreds of millions of kilometers away, the lone figure of Parka B. Kerman sat in a cage while a now malfunctioning satellite passed unnoticed overhead.

WQ3PxAW.png

How long had he been imprisoned here in this dark and terrible place? And before that, on the run and hiding.. hiding ever since that last, babbling message from his once best friend, Thompberry Kerman? Oh, how that last message had horrified Parka. Truth be told, he was never comfortable with all this deception, and just didn't have the heart to be ruthless like his father, or Thompberry. 

But that last message, rantings of dead Krakens and brains in a pod... it was clear to Parka that Thompberry was quite insane. He wanted no part of it any longer, but he also knew what Thompberry was capable of. So Parka went into hiding. But he soon discovered he was being followed by a strange couple in beat up old space suits. And then Parka began having nightmares of horrible slimy things he couldn't put into words. 

No matter where he went, he soon spotted the strange couple watching him from afar, and he knew his time was short. Then came one night when he tried to slip away unnoticed. But too late he realized the horrible couple were just waiting to get him alone, and he was taken... somewhere. He still didn't know where, or how, or why. All he remembered was a brilliant red light, then floating in a sickening emptiness, and finally waking up in this horrible place, in an even more horrible cell, and three figures standing before him, staring at him with hideous cold, dead eyes!

haOuNR3.png

3nG3EvH.png

They didn't say a word, just stared, and Parka recognized two of them as the couple that had been following him around, and the third.. the third...

"Carlenna? Is that... you? I... It's me... Parka... Carly???" Then Parka looked beyond the three and gasped. Before him stretched a dark and monstrous arch, or cave... he wasn't sure. What he was sure of was it looked sinister and evil and wrong.

auCZbX7.png

"Carlenna, where are we? Why are you doing this? Why... why are there engines pointed at me!!! Oh god, Carlenna... what's going on?"

But the three said nothing, and instead set about working on the horrible cell Parka was trapped in.

E9U4T2m.png

RY2cu1U.png

Time seemed to stand still on this dark world, wherever he was, and starvation was beginning to take it's toll on poor Parka. Several times he slipped in and out of consciousness, but when he did, his mind was again filled with terrifying dreams of tentacles and red glowing eyes and a hatred... a searing hatred.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, Carlenna and her strange companions finished whatever it was they were doing, and again stood before him. And Parka now feared for his life.

a4vRJX8.png

"Carly... why??? Sweetheart... Please... what is this madness? CARLY??? Please.... answer me!!!"

But Carlenna said nothing, and instead turned and walked several meters away. Then without a sound, she turned back towards Parka, reached down to her wrist, and flicked a switch.... and flames engulfed Parka B. Kerman!!!

5dIlkex.png

zyricwp.png

Searing pain wracked Parka, but to his astonishment, he didn't poof. Instead he found himself withdrawing into his own mind, and as he did, the agony seemed to diminish and fade. And as he fled deeper and deeper into his consciousness, the pain became less and less.... and still he didn't poof. It was all quite impossible, Parka thought... perhaps I'm already poofed???

77XUQJP.png

But then to his horror he felt another presence entering his thoughts... a nightmare he was all too familiar with, only now it was all too real.... and all too late. By withdrawing into his own mind to escape the searing pain from those terrible engines, he had also left it wide open to... to.... 

"Aggg, NOOOO!!!" Parka screamed... a scream that was consumed by a massive explosion....

j7tSUtl.png

jBofPpG.png

InqdTt0.png

Carlenna and her minions stood in silence and waited for the dust to clear, then approached slowly.

2Jqfb5K.png

NmKmAA6.png

Before them stood the figure of Parka B. Kerman, still quite alive.

But was it any longer just Parka???

4cbFxvW.png

HtwulYo.png

Carlenna bowed her head, and for the first time since she had become possessed, her ragged lips cracked open.

"Excellency," Carlenna's sinister voice oozed, "Master of the Universe and Lord of all Kraken. We are your loyal thralls to command."

N8S22EY.png

***   Notice: No Kerbals were actually incinerated, seared, barbecued or otherwise poofed during the making of this chapter.   ***

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the Tale of Emiko Kerman, are far, far from over

Go to Chapter 71
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.