The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1. Mary Annette is Puppet's cousin from out of town. Her name is a pun on marionettes, types of puppets which use strings. She belongs to a French puppeteer. Mary Annette is peach with light orange hair. She wears a red dress. Mary Annette only appears in one episode of The Upside Down Show, Airport.
  2. Mary Annette Anderson (July 27, 1874 – 1922) was an American professor and the first African American woman elected to Phi Beta Kappa.

Anderson was born in Shoreham, Vermont, to William and Philomine (Langlois) Anderson. Her father, a farmer, was a freed slave originally from Virginia, and her mother was a Canadian immigrant of French and Native American ancestry.[1] Anderson was educated at the Northfield School for Young Ladies in Northfield, Massachusetts, before entering Middlebury College in 1895. She graduated in 1899 as valedictorian, becoming the first African American woman elected to Phi Beta Kappa.[2]

Following graduation from Middlebury, Anderson taught at Straight University in New Orleans before being appointed a professor of English grammar and history at Howard University in Washington, D.C. She married Walter Lucius Smith on August 7, 1907, and gave up teaching.[3]

This is data on Mary Annette. Hope it is useful.

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

As I said to @Just Jim earlier, Ranch has made me do this almost every time I am near it.

56 minutes ago, qzgy said:

To each his own.

OK, enough, your starting to gross out the author... :confused:

1 hour ago, Laythe Squid said:
  1. Mary Annette is Puppet's cousin from out of town. Her name is a pun on marionettes, types of puppets which use strings. She belongs to a French puppeteer. Mary Annette is peach with light orange hair. She wears a red dress. Mary Annette only appears in one episode of The Upside Down Show, Airport.
  2. Mary Annette Anderson (July 27, 1874 – 1922) was an American professor and the first African American woman elected to Phi Beta Kappa.

Anderson was born in Shoreham, Vermont, to William and Philomine (Langlois) Anderson. Her father, a farmer, was a freed slave originally from Virginia, and her mother was a Canadian immigrant of French and Native American ancestry.[1] Anderson was educated at the Northfield School for Young Ladies in Northfield, Massachusetts, before entering Middlebury College in 1895. She graduated in 1899 as valedictorian, becoming the first African American woman elected to Phi Beta Kappa.[2]

Following graduation from Middlebury, Anderson taught at Straight University in New Orleans before being appointed a professor of English grammar and history at Howard University in Washington, D.C. She married Walter Lucius Smith on August 7, 1907, and gave up teaching.[3]

This is data on Mary Annette. Hope it is useful.

This is really cool, but not really what I meant...

What I meant is Emiko's backstory, especially the next part, is also based on... something... I grew up with....

I'm just wondering if anyone has made the connection yet with what clues I've thrown out already.

Edited by Just Jim

"Let them eat string." (Mary Annette)

Also, I'm not going to speculate as to whatever it is you're hinting at as I have a nasty habit of jokingly guessing correctly and spoiling well-laid plans. So, your unknown plans are safe with the nothing that's inside my head. 

18 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

"Let them eat string." (Mary Annette)

Also, I'm not going to speculate as to whatever it is you're hinting at as I have a nasty habit of jokingly guessing correctly and spoiling well-laid plans. So, your unknown plans are safe with the nothing that's inside my head. 

"Let them eat string cheese" Mary Annette Kerman!  :sticktongue:

And you being one of the best writers on here, I most definitely trust you to keep a secret, so if you want to pm me with a jokingly correct guess, I may have a jokingly correct reply... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

@Just Jim could you re-launch them [pun intended], wrapped around a brick, in my direction, 'cos I missed them.

I'm not sure if I want to give everything up yet, but there are a few clues in the 2 chapters of Emiko on Earth..... but I haven't really tied them all up, so it may not be that apparent yet. It should be in the next chapter.

Another thing to keep in mind is this whole Saga is based on some really, really campy movies, TV shows, and even a couple cartoons, from when I grew up.  :wink:

The backstory is based on one in particular, with a heavy sprinkling from 2 others....

Edited by Just Jim

OK, I have a question...

Considering we already have werewolves and zombies and aliens in the backstory, and of course, a brain in a jar in the main saga... does anyone have any big objection to... well.... one of these?  :0.0:

Minor Spoiler:

Spoiler

iTDS3si.png

Edited by Just Jim

On 1/7/2016 at 4:41 AM, Just Jim said:

Yeah..... Truth is, it's already getting a little darker than I had planned.  But I think I said somewhere already.... if not, I'm saying it now.... no Kerbals will be hurt or killed in the making of this story.  Well, not hurt badly... lol... they may get a little toasted around the edges.

This is pretty much an old post, but you seem to have invalidated it.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:
37 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

A big objection to a redhead? Not really, no. I might be biased though. 

Hide contents

iTDS3si.png

CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT!!

I got $20 on the brunette. Any other takers?

:D

Edited by GDJ

22 minutes ago, rlin said:

This is pretty much an old post, but you seem to have invalidated it.

Oh wow, I suppose I have.... I forgot I wrote that... it was right after chapter 16, and well over a year ago, and to be completely honest, back then I had no idea this would go on for so long... or take so many unexpected twists along the way.

I suppose it's too late to turn back now... all bets are off from here on... Carlenna-Kraken has raised the stakes, and we can only cross our fingers and hope our heroes survive the oncoming storm..... :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

33 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Nope, I don't object to red heads either. I love red heads! :wink:

Neither do I actually.... :)

Edited by GDJ

18 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

A big objection to a redhead? Not really, no. I might be biased though. 

18 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Nope, I don't object to red heads either. I love red heads! :wink:

yeah..... I guess I set myself up for that one!  :D

OK, so the general consensus appears to be it's OK to add a red-headed character, so long as she has curvy fingers and reads Lovecraft???

Weird as it sounds... I can do that... lmao....

On 5/26/2017 at 10:00 AM, Pretorian28715 said:

@Just Jim could you re-launch them [pun intended], wrapped around a brick, in my direction, 'cos I missed them.

OK, the clues I were referring to were Chibi, her teenage friends, her wildly painted van, and the very real possibility of a big dog being added back into the story.... along with some werewolves, zombies, vampires.... aliens.... come on, its easy!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

OK, the clues I were referring to were Chibi, her teenage friends, her wildly painted van, and the very real possibility of a big dog being added back into the story.... along with some werewolves, zombies, vampires.... aliens.... come on, its easy!!! :rolleyes:

Oh.

I'll be honest, when you said "older folk like me," I kinda stopped thinking about it, not being one of them. But I guess watched much older shows than I thought as a child. I think I have an idea now.

I don't suppose there will be any unmasking sprees? Though there are certainly some juveniles throwing a spanner into the works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.