The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, great... it's been really rainy all weekend, and it's just been upgraded to a tropical storm... right over our heads... this may slow things up for a day or three... sorry.  :(

Be prepared for worse stuff this year. The 2017 season appears to be following a similar direction as the 2011 season, where it starts off with a bunch of annoying tropical storms before BAM! A catastrophic hurricane smashes into the U.S. This is going to be an above-average year (again), so expect the worst.

But no pressure!

33 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Be prepared for worse stuff this year. The 2017 season appears to be following a similar direction as the 2011 season, where it starts off with a bunch of annoying tropical storms before BAM! A catastrophic hurricane smashes into the U.S. This is going to be an above-average year (again), so expect the worst.

But no pressure!

Yeah, I can already tell it's going to be interesting. But we've been thru many hurricanes, and our supplies are well stocked. And a lot of times the big ones miss Florida completely and end up hitting the East Coast much further up.

The good news is Emily seems to be circling right around this immediate area, so we're just getting off and on rain right now.

3 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

I was assuming that since firearms are only props in The Sims, it was actually the very first time that Nick ever fired one:  he just isn't a good shot.  :wink::P

I highly doubt that, judging by the word "training" being used only a few lines before.

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hehehe... true enough about the Sims... but the character of Nick is based on my friend @DualDesertEagle... who I'm fairly sure is an outstanding shot... :)

I wouldn't say "outstanding" but even tho I've only had... don't let me lie... 6 trips to the range where I actually fired real guns I can easily hit a head sized target repeatedly with any kind of gun from 25 meters away. All other trips to the range were for adjusting sights and hop ups of my airsoft guns.

In fact, of those trips where I actually fired real guns 2 were also meant for airsoft adjustment, but on one of those they said to me "c'mon, put the toys aside and show us what u can do with the real deal." Usually I would've smacked him right in the face for calling airsoft guns toys but I chose to accept the offer over doing so, with the result that they were stunned at the results I had produced after mostly having shot my """"toys"""" in my life.

Another time I had just finished zeroing the scope of my airsoft G36E and some guy came in with his real guns, saw my airsoft rifle and was like "Did u really just shoot .223!?" Yes, he had indeed mistaken my Gas Blowback airsoft rifle for a real G36! And then he offered me some shots with his semi auto shotgun (with slugs tho) where I first fired normally at 25 meters and then I let it rip at 5 meters distance, firing as fast as I could get the gun back on target.

Despite all that, I have fired less than 400 rounds of live ammo in various calibers on various types of guns in my life so far due to my hated home country being germany and politicians behaving like gay pacifists blaming the guns for everything and being all like

"Oh, there was another act of terrorism in <insert country of choice here>, we need to tighten our gun laws again!",

"Oh, the mass shooter of munich had Counter Strike on his PC, we need to ban all games for ages 16 & up!"

Or my personal favourite

"Oh, some idiot drove a truck through the crowd, we need to tighten the gun laws again!"

Edited by DualDesertEagle

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

However... the big question is, how and why did Nick completely miss Mary-Sue/krazy-kraken in the wine cellar from a distance of only 2 meters or so? And with a full clip no less?

There must be a reason... :wink:

Shields. It's always shields. If I'm going to be a pan-dimensional memetic entity I'm sure going to reflexively wipe any small pieces of metal approaching me at high velocity from existence.

5 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Shields. It's always shields. If I'm going to be a pan-dimensional memetic entity I'm sure going to reflexively wipe any small pieces of metal approaching me at high velocity from existence.

Ok, good to know, then I'll make sure to hit u with a BIG piece of metal such as a cruise missile of which I cut the engine before its decent so that u can't hear it coming.

13 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Ok, good to know, then I'll make sure to hit u with a BIG piece of metal such as a cruise missile of which I cut the engine before its decent so that u can't hear it coming.

Likely they can scan the area around them as well as read the minds of people operating such a thing. Still, a large amount of energy coming in at appreciable speed is likely among the best way to kill a Kraken.

Lasers would be even better.

51 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Likely they can scan the area around them as well as read the minds of people operating such a thing. Still, a large amount of energy coming in at appreciable speed is likely among the best way to kill a Kraken.

Lasers would be even better.

I would say 10-25 tons of tungsten coated DU235 should do it, from GEO altitude?

Edited by Pretorian28715

10 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

I would say 10-25 tons of tungsten coated DU235 should do it, from GEO altitude?

Still possible they detect and deflect it. Better overkill than underkill.

Smear them on Eve.

Although that would likely only destroy their physical manifestation, and they could just move to another host a la Agent Smith.

1 hour ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Although that would likely only destroy their physical manifestation, and they could just move to another host a la Agent Smith.

I'm assuming you mean Agent Smith from the Matrix?

Yes... very, very good comparison. :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Keep up the great work!!  sorry I've been a silent reader so long now...

Thanks!

And no problem... I suspect from the way the view count keeps going up, there a lot of silent readers and outright lurkers... and all are welcome!!!

11 minutes ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Random aside-  I was at Arlington Park Racecourse on Saturday and there was a horse running named... Just Jim.

Yes a wagered it.  No it didn't come in.  :)

Really? Sorry he didn't win, but that's hilarious! I'm sharing names with a race horse!  :)

And I'm out of likes again...  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

or just hit him with this thing. even if it doesn't hit, you will still delete the universe.

I've seen this already... not sure how you can build a rocket twice as tall as the VAB itself.

8 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

Yup. I knew Badie was in there somewhere. Also, great chapter Jim! :)

Thanks! Yeah, I had to bring in @Badie, she's really awesome. I really admire what a huge effort she's made to be part of this forum community. And I think she fits the character in the story nicely.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I've seen this already... not sure how you can build a rocket twice as tall as the VAB itself.

Simple thing:

Step 1: Make a part of the craft from the parent part downwards

Step 2: Move the parent part with everything on it down to the floor of the VAB and detach all the attached stuff so that the attach node is still in reach

Step 3: Move the parent part high up and do the next portion of the craft

Step 4: attach the section u made first and repeat steps 2 - 4 until ur done.

Or download extended VAB / SPH and do it like that, tho probably even that mod has its boundaries.

EDIT: As far as I know ur gonna need launch clamps on the lowest parts in order for everything to spawn above the launchpad.

Edited by DualDesertEagle

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks! Yeah, I had to bring in @Badie, she's really awesome. I really admire what a huge effort she's made to be part of this forum community. And I think she fits the character in the story nicely.

Thanks Jim! :)

OK, quick update... I just adopted a new cat, Navi!

rPJQi9J.jpg

Besides that, I've got a ton done on the sets for pretty much the rest of the backstory. I still need another day or three of work, but once they're finished the rest should go fairly quick. All sorts of fun surprises in store for Emiko...

And I've got most of the backstory done in my head... I'm thinking to keep them from being too long, there will be 4 more backstory chapters, then a big backstory finale for Chapter 90.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:18 AM, Alewx said:

That is quite simple, just use Hangar Extender.

I forgot about that one, thanks!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

On 8/1/2017 at 0:14 AM, The solid fuel chemist said:

or just hit him with this thing. even if it doesn't hit, you will still delete the universe.

Like I said, their host body will go pop! and they'll just Smith on out to the next guy.

The correct way to kill one is - while they're incarcerated into a physical body, they're subject to physical rules. The best way to get rid of one would be to capture it and hold it in a coma so that it can't do anything, but it can't leave the current body either.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:53 PM, Just Jim said:

OK, quick update... I just adopted a new cat, Navi!

Cute cat!

On 8/5/2017 at 8:53 PM, Just Jim said:

And I've got most of the backstory done in my head... I'm thinking to keep them from being too long, there will be 4 more backstory chapters, then a big backstory finale for Chapter 90.

When I saw the first chapter of this, and the several-week hiatus that followed, I was like, "Aww, an asteroid mission report whose writer thinks is a tale. Probably going to be one of those stories that fade into obscurity over time."

I was proven wrong in dramatic fashion. Thank you, @Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.