The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Chibi, the girl with impossibly big, beautiful eyes.... smart enough to build her own android... and recently referred to by the Krakens as a monster... and a little abomination....

The signs were all there...  :wink:

Okay, but half-human, half-what?

Or would that be spoilering?

On 22.08.2017 at 6:46 PM, Just Jim said:

Chibi, the girl with impossibly big, beautiful eyes.... smart enough to build her own android... and recently referred to by the Krakens as a monster... and a little abomination....

The signs were all there...  :wink:

Well, without a clear example of something that might be the other half (especially if it's something easy to disguise as a human) such conclusion is not too obvious even if referred by Krakens (and for them all people must fall into one of 2 categories: either worthless ants or annoying abominations).

As for things like top-level technical talents (and those can be quite amplified if you happen to end up in a family with quite some skills and resources) or making friends with paranormal beings and aliens much easier than with regular humans - those don't seem too strange to me at all... maybe I'm not fully human either...

10 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Well, without a clear example of something that might be the other half (especially if it's something easy to disguise as a human) such conclusion is not too obvious even if referred by Krakens (and for them all people must fall into one of 2 categories: either worthless ants or annoying abominations)

Good point....

But what I was referring to is just how badly the Krakens were ripping into Chibi in the wine-cellar.... maybe I didn't have them being nasty enough to her... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

6 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Next chapter's gonna be here this or next weekend I guess?

I was hoping for this weekend, but the last couple days real life hasn't cut me much slack.

Still, I got all the KSP shots I need today, so I really hope it's ready before next weekend.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:30 PM, Just Jim said:

YSf0mO3.png

Good chapter as always. But, that's probably the creepiest picture I've seen in a while. Its the eyes..... its almost anime like.

Wait... today is only Friday... I was thinking it was Saturday... Wow, that should tell you how screwed up yesterday was for me.  :confused:

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

Good chapter as always. But, that's probably the creepiest picture I've seen in a while. Its the eyes..... its almost anime like.

Yeah... I used it because of the Siren song effect.... But honestly, I still haven't decided if Nick fell under Badie's spell or not... hmmmmmmm

Edited by Just Jim

I've had days like that. Today doesn't feel like a Friday. Not sure what spray it feels like, though. I've been working on a new star system to add to the game - so I've only taken 1/3 of the screen shots need for the next chapter.

Once I've gotten the new system added , I'm going to jump to 1.3.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Wait... today is only Friday... I was thinking it was Saturday... Wow, that should tell you how screwed up yesterday was for me.  :confused:

I know the feeling man. Yesterday was game day, and it really felt like a Friday for all us playing on the field. On the plus side though, WE GOT CHICK-FIL-A FOR SUPPER!!! (According to a good friend who's been in JV for a year, that was like a once-in-a-blue-moon kinda thing. JV gets like nothing after games :/....... BUT CHICKEN!!!!!!!)

30 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Once I've gotten the new system added , I'm going to jump to 1.3.

I'm going to try and upgrade to 1.3 this morning. One of the reasons I've been sort of taking my time with the backstory is so all the mods can update... hopefully they're all caught up now.

OK... looks like my Emiko Station career game survived the upgrade to 1.3!!!

WOOHOO!!!!  :D

I've still got to test some of the ships, but so far it looks like the only problem is a couple action keys aren't working... which happened before when I upgraded, and isn't a really big deal, I can swap those ships out if need be. But I've already checked and Emiko station itself is OK, the Pandora is OK, and the bases on Minmus and Ike are OK.... so hopefully everything else survived as well.

Wow... the Emiko career game has now survived upgrades from version 0.94 to 1.3... cool.

5 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Was there a great disturbance in the Force? As if millions of voices suddenly cried out... 

"eh, that wasn't so bad."

Yeah... love it!  :D

I'm not gonna lie... considering one update made my Emiko Asteroid disappear, and another one made my space stations start blowing up randomly, I've been fairly nervous about this one... but it looks like I'm OK this time.

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... love it!  :D

I'm not gonna lie... considering one update made my Emiko Asteroid disappear, and another one made my space stations start blowing up randomly, I've been fairly nervous about this one... but it looks like I'm OK this time.

Yeah! And just in time it seems, according to the weekly devnotes, to upgrade again or something SoonTM to 1.3.1!

Of course depending on mods.

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Yeah! And just in time it seems, according to the weekly devnotes, to upgrade again or something SoonTM to 1.3.1!

Yup... this is the really big reason I decided yesterday I better get off my butt and upgrade, before it gets too far ahead of me. Plus I'm super excited about the DLC, and want to be ready for it when it's done. I can't wait to get my klaws on that mission builder... bwaahahaha

Edited by Just Jim

Read a bit of Chapter 86, which is my first time reading this series actaully but....

Earth?

Earth?!

Holy moly, plus whatever is going on Earth with witches and stuff like that and someone dying and Emiko being mentioned everywhere.

@Just Jim, you have just obliterated my mind so many times over I not sure whether I can piece it back together again.

*looks at own story again*

Okay, plot destroying twist soon it is.

47 minutes ago, The Space Dino said:

Read a bit of Chapter 86, which is my first time reading this series actaully but....

Earth?

Earth?!

Holy moly, plus whatever is going on Earth with witches and stuff like that and someone dying and Emiko being mentioned everywhere.

@Just Jim, you have just obliterated my mind so many times over I not sure whether I can piece it back together again.

*looks at own story again*

Okay, plot destroying twist soon it is.

Yup...

First, welcome to my universe!

The vast majority of the Saga takes place in the Kerbol solar system, but yes, the backstory chapters are about my main character, Emiko Kerman, who has been abducted and taken to a very, very weird planet called Earth.... which in my universe, comes with a full range of Earth sci-fi & fantasy characters, including witches.

And in the next chapter, I will be finally explaining the Earth connection, and why it's so important to the story... including all the weird stuff Emiko keeps encountering.  :wink:

36 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I will be finally explaining the Earth connection, and why it's so important to the story... including all the weird stuff Emiko keeps encountering.  :wink:

So its not a giant acid trip. Ohhhh....

Edited by qzgy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.