The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

*Nearly breaks the scroll wheel on the mouse* Oh wait I can use the line at the side. That's better!

*Internet crashes from trying to quote the chapter*

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Then Emiko's ear's split, and her eyes were temporally blinded... and it took her a moment to realize it was Nick using the metal gun thing, over and over, trying to stop Mary-Sue!

7ESFdpG.png

IqFj4FF.png

AH DEAR DEITY OF CHOICE MY EYES!!!

Chef leBeau

Louie LeBeau? Hogans Heroes? (Note: Even if it isn't, that's what he's going to be known as forever in my mind)

PJ97YRX.png

Awww who's a good carnivorous man/kerbal-eating thing?

Later that evening, as Kerbol hid itself behind the western hills, Angelo Kerman sat deep inside Gene Kerman's private briefing room and shook his head.

"A murder-poof mystery... genius... pure genius. Gene, my friend, if things around ever return to normal around here, you must let me do one of these... please?"

"Normal...: Gene whispered... "What is normal anymore?"

*Cartoon Lightbulb signaling idea* Ideeaaaaa!!!

Also, for those who may be interested, here are two excellent renditions of the Chopin pieces Emiko played in this chapter, as performed by the amazing Valentina Lisitsa... Enjoy:

Hide contents

The first was:

And the second:

I hope I can someday be that good..... (Fun fact: I've taken Piano lessons for almost 4 years now. This summer I'm working on Fur Elise, which has turned out to be pretty fun and easy once you get the basic rhythm down)

Well, that went well. 

We're going to need a reliable source of information to gain some intel on these Krakens.

*Pulls out copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

*Flips to entry on Krakens*

*Grabs towel* 

The Guide advises "running around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off, and praying to your deity/ies of choice" on the subject of dealing with Krakens.

54 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

*Nearly breaks the scroll wheel on the mouse* Oh wait I can use the line at the side. That's better!

*Internet crashes from trying to quote the chapter*

Yeah, sorry about that... this was one of those rare times two chapters ended up on the same page, and that's a huge amount of pictures to scroll through.

56 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Louie LeBeau? Hogans Heroes? (Note: Even if it isn't, that's what he's going to be known as forever in my mind)

Yes! I was originally thinking of maybe one of Food Networks "Iron Chef's", but then I watched an episode of Hogan where Louis was doing one of his famous dinners, and I knew he'd be a much more fun choice... and he's good in a crisis!  lol :D

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Awww who's a good carnivorous man/kerbal-eating thing?

Feed Me!!!!  lmao!!! 

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I hope I can someday be that good..... (Fun fact: I've taken Piano lessons for almost 4 years now. This summer I'm working on Fur Elise, which has turned out to be pretty fun and easy once you get the basic rhythm down)

There are professional that have played all their lives that wish they were as good as Valentina... :wink:

I'm super glad to hear you liked it, and that you play yourself! While it's somewhat obvious from previous chapters I'm a bit of an older metal-head, I have a huge love for classical music as well... and I love Fur Elise... that would have also worked really well for Emiko's first number.

7 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

The Guide advises "running around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off, and praying to your deity/ies of choice" on the subject of dealing with Krakens.

Too funny!!!  :confused:

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, sorry about that... this was one of those rare times two chapters ended up on the same page, and that's a huge amount of pictures to scroll through.

Well also, I was running a heavily modded KSP 1.2.2, plus on a 4-year-old Japanese laptop, PLUS the slow internet, it was just a recipe for disaster. No problemo. (Loved the story btw)

Yes! I was originally thinking of maybe one of Food Networks "Iron Chef's", but then I watched an episode of Hogan where Louis was doing one of his famous dinners, and I knew he'd be a much more fun choice... and he's good in a crisis!  lol :D

I FINALLY GOT A REFERENCE ON THIS SHOW!! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME MA?!

There are professional that have played all their lives that wish they were as good as Valentina... :wink:

I'm super glad to hear you liked it, and that you play yourself! While it's somewhat obvious from previous chapters I'm a bit of an older metal-head, I have a huge love for classical music as well... and I love Fur Elise... that would have also worked really well for Emiko's first number.

Well if you love it so much, I'll let you know how it goes once I finish it :wink:

17 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Well, that went well. 

We're going to need a reliable source of information to gain some intel on these Krakens.

*Pulls out copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

*Flips to entry on Krakens*

*Grabs towel* 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh oh man, I think that second Chopin video is the wrong one. It looks like I posted the same one twice. I'm not home right now, chiming in on my phone, but I'll fix it later when I get back.

I thought they sounded similar! :P

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I FINALLY GOT A REFERENCE ON THIS SHOW!! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME MA?!

A good one, too!!! :)

There are a couple more in that chapter, like the Rickamoranis Audrey...

6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Well if you love it so much, I'll let you know how it goes once I finish it :wink:

I'd like that! 

6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I thought they sounded similar! :P

OK, the second Chopin video is fixed.... hope you like it!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

All I'm going to say, my friend, is be careful what you wish for... :0.0:

*Runs to ASP* (Apocalypse Survival Bunker)

ETFKT AH BKH

Edited by KAL 9000

On 7/25/2017 at 8:35 AM, obney kerman said:

Zombie apocalypse anyone?

OK, I guess I am going to say more. 

Since everyone seems to be dying for a Zombie Apocalypse... pun semi-intended... lmao... so be it. Bring on the zombies... :0.0:

I had a thought a couple days ago about the next couple backstory chapters. Not what I originally intended, but it has a nice Twilight Zone kind of feel, and with just a minor bit of tweaking I think I can also do my take on a zombie apocalypse.

However... there is a catch. To make it work, and keep it Emiko and KSP centered, I'm thinking I'll have to do two back to back chapters again. Which is why I decided to say anything at all.

Bottom line, for a zombie apocalypse to happen there will be good news and bad news.

Bad news: probably gonna take a little longer again.
Good news: most likely 2 chapters back to back again.

Edited by Just Jim

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Since everyone seems to be dying for a Zombie Apocalypse... pun semi-intended... lmao... so be it. Bring on the zombies... :0.0:

*Hears Zombie horde coming over the hill even before they're in sight and slings on his M134 and ammo+batteries backpack*

"And here they come!!! :cool: Eyes an ears everyone, this is gonna be a thunderstorm!"

*Some of the bystanders put on safety goggles and earmuffs, some just hold their ears shut, some do nothing. The zombies come over the hill, the gun spools up within half a second and the de-linker gets busy de-linking and feeding rounds into the gun and as soon as the first loaded barrel reaches the 9-o'clock position (viewed from the front) the terrifying (or satisfying, depending on which end of that gun u are) thunder of 67 propellant combustions per second is unleashed and roars and echoes throughout the valley as a consistent stream of 7.62 mm bullets, every fifth being illuminated by the incendiary tracer compound in its butt, travels up the road in a split second, mowing down the horde like an actual advancing lawnmower without leaving a single blade of grass untouched. As more zombies come over the edge of the valley and get their sh*t shot out of the barrel cluster of the roaring minigun starts glowing in a dark red which brightens with every second of firing to the point where the heat of the burning propellant and the cooling by the air that is stirred through by the blazing hot barrels balance out. Those of the bystanders who didn't want to protect their ears and have NOT been permanently deafened by now can't take it any longer and press their ears shut aswell while more and more zombies atop the hill pile up higher and higher until the first wave is finally nearing its end. After the last few zombies have been struck by the seemingly endless stream of deadly fast bullets and no more are coming the roaring suddenly stops and its echo slowly fades as the gun is put down on the ground with its barrel cluster still glowing bright red and slowly darkening as it cools off.*

"Guess we smoked 'em all, guys! :D"

Edited by DualDesertEagle

2 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

*Hears Zombie horde coming over the hill even before they're in sight and slings on his M134 and ammo+batteries backpack*

"Guess we smoked 'em all, guys! :D"

hehe... Nice shooting... :cool:

But I don't think it's going to be so much a Marianas Turkey Shoot... more like a Twilight Zone episode 

Spoiler

Specific Twilight Zone episodes to bear in mind:

"And When the Sky Was Opened" and "Eye of the Beholder"

And again, my take on an apocalypse... and I also have to keep it in the story-line, and not just a gratuitous zombie-shoot.... as fun as that would be.

I've been working on the scenery this morning, and ironing out the details... and I think what I've come up with is going to work nicely...

Bwaahahahaha   :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Pretorian28715 said:

Though a good way to deal with them.

Now ever Zombie for about 5 miles is converging on your location........

Which in combination with a literally ultra-reliable gun and tons over tons of ammo is sure as hell the quickest way of getting rid of them.

1 hour ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

amateurs.

[GAU-8 test video]

:cool:

Yeah, have fun even trying to lift that thing. The M134 has already been fired hand held with live ammo. It may just have been 10 rounds or so (if not only 5) and the guy got knocked around severely but I think with the gun braced against the forward leg it would actually be quite possible to hand-wield that thing and still keep it under control.

14 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Is it a bad thing I've been sitting here working out the details for the next 2 chapters while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows???  :0.0:

Well, Deathly Hallows is kinda the one where everyone dies... but as fantasy goes it's not that dark. Embracement of death is kinda the main theme though...

8 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Well, Deathly Hallows is kinda the one where everyone dies... but as fantasy goes it's not that dark. Embracement of death is kinda the main theme though...

Yeah, I'm seeing that... But I'm not going to kill everyone off. I'm more liking the dark intrigue and guile aspect... 

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Is it a bad thing I've been sitting here working out the details for the next 2 chapters while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows???  :0.0:

make a character named MoldyMort and have him lose a battle to a bunch of high schoolers!

Oh, great... it's been really rainy all weekend, and it's just been upgraded to a tropical storm... right over our heads... this may slow things up for a day or three... sorry.  :(

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

make a character named MoldyMort and have him lose a battle to a bunch of high schoolers!

hehehe... Well, on Earth Chibi and her friends are all teens... 

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, great... it's been really rainy all weekend, and it's just been upgraded to a tropical storm... right over our heads... this may slow things up for a day or three... sorry.  :(

hehehe... Well, on Earth Chibi and her friends are all teens... 

And don't forget about me with my "metal gun thing" (:D). I doubt that the "protego" spell is powerful enough to stop a 9mm bullet hurled right atcha.

32 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

And don't forget about me with my "metal gun thing" (:D). I doubt that the "protego" spell is powerful enough to stop a 9mm bullet hurled right atcha.

Oh, I won't...

However... the big question is, how and why did Nick completely miss Mary-Sue/krazy-kraken in the wine cellar from a distance of only 2 meters or so? And with a full clip no less?

There must be a reason... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

OK..... as much as I dislike Facebook (normally too much drama), I've just started a Saga of Emiko Station Facebook page, if anyone is interested. This is mostly for my non-KSP playing friends that still want to read it... and so I can follow the KSP facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Saga-of-Emiko-Station-555249541265808/

I haven't done much on it yet... but I plan on adding pics... and eventually maybe a whole second copy of the Saga.

Please feel free to add or like or follow it if you want...

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, I won't...

However... the big question is, how and why did Nick completely miss Mary-Sue/krazy-kraken in the wine cellar from a distance of only 2 meters or so? And with a full clip no less?

There must be a reason... :wink:

I was assuming that since firearms are only props in The Sims, it was actually the very first time that Nick ever fired one:  he just isn't a good shot.  :wink::P

12 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

I was assuming that since firearms are only props in The Sims, it was actually the very first time that Nick ever fired one:  he just isn't a good shot.  :wink::P

Hehehe... true enough about the Sims... but the character of Nick is based on my friend @DualDesertEagle... who I'm fairly sure is an outstanding shot... :)

Oh, and back to the slightly off-topic subject of Harry Potter... I'm so sorry Alan Rickman passed away in 2016... if Emiko ever became a movie, I would have petitioned heavily for him to be the voice actor for my Kraken Lord...  Can you imagine???  :0.0:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.