The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, Andem said:

@Just Jim Just a quick thought, has Thompberry's character been influenced at all by any certain french leader? I'm getting a striking resemblence as I'm starting to explore the N*p*l**n*c Wars in my free time... :)

Oh, most definitely!  Good comparison!!!

In fact it's so bad that in what's left of Thompberry's brain, he thinks he doesn't have a Napoleon complex, Napoleon has a Thompberry complex!!!   :confused:

46 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

In fact it's so bad that in what's left of Thompberry's brain, he thinks he doesn't have a Napoleon complex, Napoleon has a Thompberry complex!!!   :confused:

I was just going about my day, and realized-- hey! Thompberry is on one of Jools moons... like the island Napoleon was banished to... and then all the other pieces fell into place! :D

Yes, so Parka is covering up the signal from Jool? It is possible that he works for Tomphberry? 

Dun dun duuuun!:0.0:

Or those signals are just the result of a hyperspace warship slamming into my network of 14 probes...

Still dun dun duuuun!:0.0::0.0:

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I got the feeling early on that Thompberry was Nyarlathotep, what with his fancy gadget when he was seemingly there to help.

Awwww man!!!  :mad:

So yesterday I spent most of the morning building... something. 
Then spent the afternoon trying to figure out how to get this huge... something... into orbit.
And last night I launched this... thing... and to my amusement, got it where I needed it.

And this morning I loaded everything up to pick up where I left off.... and realized I forgot a part.  D'oh!!!!!  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, CAKE99 said:

What part did you forget?

One of the crew compartments, something I can't live without.

Not a huge deal, just means I'm doing an unscheduled re-launch this morning, as soon as I've made some more coffee.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

I mean, it's not like some big space sandworm made by Thompberry-Kraken thing is eating all my probes...

120qIP4.png

Well, Lulin Kerman, owner of competitor of my company KADC, KADD, has disappeared. I wonder what he's doing...

Meanwhile...

Lulin: Yes.... these gravioli particles will appeal to the ancient one... there is enough in this ship to lay waste to an entire planet!

3IVmSYQ.png

Edited by Dobelong

33 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

I'm still dealing with the fact that @Kuzzter is a cool space pirate and I'm the guy that makes ladders. Well, at least I have an evil laugh...

OK, if it will make you feel better, Parka is currently the 5th richest kerbal on the planet... after all, everyone needs a ladder... :wink:

1 hour ago, Dobelong said:

I mean, it's not like some big space sandworm made by Thompberry-Kraken thing is eating all my probes...

Well, right now ol' Thompberry is kind of stuck where he is....  for now...... 

Dun  dun   dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

On the Bill Space Program save, the sea at 0 degrees 0 is cluttered with broken parts of various versions of Intrepid I'd orbited, then realized I had to "recall" for some reason or another, and made a hyperedit landing to recover crew :) 

Luckily there was no crew on this to recover....  but I did lose a decent chunk of funding... Oh well, serves me right for not double checking...  :wink:

Oh cool..... apparently this was a good screw-up.  :D

I changed things around a little before I re-launched, and after it was in orbit, I did the math, and made a very cool discovery that will really work nicely a couple chapters down the road. 

Parts 1 and 2 are now in orbit. The rest of my day is going to be playing fun with docking.

9 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

I'm still dealing with the fact that @Kuzzter is a cool space pirate and I'm the guy that makes ladders. Well, at least I have an evil laugh...

Hmm, I got the the feeling the "cool space pirate" was working for you, not because you needed him, but because you found it convenient at the moment and could also write it off as your annual tythe of pro bono work to keep the state bar happy.  But that you didn't really need him, had more than adequate plans of your own before he came along, and could have had 6 or 8 different snipers take him out simultaneously with just a subtle gesture during the conversation.

Edited by Geschosskopf

13 hours ago, Dobelong said:

On another note, I haven't heard from CFO Lulin Kerman of KADC for a while. I wonder what he's doing...

???  who?  I'm confused now.... are you writing a story too?

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:48 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Hmm, I got the the feeling the "cool space pirate" was working for you, not because you needed him, but because you found it convenient at the moment and could also write it off as your annual tythe of pro bono work to keep the state bar happy.  But that you didn't really need him, had more than adequate plans of your own before he came along, and could have had 6 or 8 different snipers take him out simultaneously with just a subtle gesture during the conversation.

That's about right.  Neither the captain or Parka need each other so much as it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.  And both could have the other taken out in one way or the other with ease..... which is why they work so well together, neither trusts the other more than they absolutely have to.  :wink:

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, Interplanetary Engineer said:

Aaah ... the suspense! So many suspicious characters doing so many weired things and so many possibilities for something to go horribly wrong!

Keep up the amazing storytelling!

Thank you!

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Dobelong said:

Yep. Remember the space whale and stuff? There is now a continuation, complete with story arc!:D

Oh yeah, I remember now.  Sorry.

I'll get over and read it this evening sometime.

Edited by Just Jim

OK, today was.... awkward...  :confused:
I may have to redesign one ship.... but I'm gonna try again tomorrow first before I scrap it.

Sorry it's taking so long, when y'all see the screenshots of what I'm up to I think you'll understand.
Actually... what the heck... here's a spoiler from the next chapter, and what's frying my computer this time...  :wink:

XpqHG7S.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.