The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

34 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh crap, I finished up the screenshots late last night, only to wake up and find out I got no internet. Spent all morning on the phone, and long story short, I can't get a repairman out here until the end of the month.  :mad:

Sorry. :(

I'm sure we will live until you get things sorted out.

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Actually, I could probably type the whole thing from my phone, but I didn't have a chance to upload any of the screenshots to Imgur yet, and I need the Internet for that

If data isn’t a big concern, could you maybe use your phone as a WiFi hotspot to upload?

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

I have no idea how

Very simple on iOS and I can't imagine Android is much trickier. There should be an option somewhere in your settings to switch on mobile hotspot. At which point your phone will give you a password which you use to connect to it in the same way you'd normally connect to your router. 

39 minutes ago, KSK said:

Very simple on iOS and I can't imagine Android is much trickier. There should be an option somewhere in your settings to switch on mobile hotspot. At which point your phone will give you a password which you use to connect to it in the same way you'd normally connect to your router. 

I'll try and find it, thanks 

Edited by Just Jim

28 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'll try and find it, thanks 

Cool - hope it works. I'm very much from the 'if it aint broke don't fix it' school of computer users, so I tend to figure that if I can get something to work it can't be that tough. :)

4 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

It seems like someone is tryin' to stop Jim from uploading so we'll have to wait even longer :huh:

Yeah, the cable company.

What happened, in a nutshell, is I live with my mom. I moved back in after my dad passed away so she wouldn't be alone. And it's worked out really well until now.

But last week my mom when on vacation, my little sister and her husband took her to Rome for her birthday, which is pretty cool.

The problem is we never realized my name is not on the cable account, so I can't authorize to have somebody come out and fix it. And there is no way my mom is going to pay overseas charges to sit on the phone with the stupid cable company for an hour just to get a repairman sent out.

So bottom line, I got to wait until next week when she gets home so she can call and scream and yell at them.

24 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, the cable company.

What happened, in a nutshell, is I live with my mom. I moved back in after my dad passed away so she wouldn't be alone. And it's worked out really well until now.

But last week my mom when on vacation, my little sister and her husband took her to Rome for her birthday, which is pretty cool.

The problem is we never realized my name is not on the cable account, so I can't authorize to have somebody come out and fix it. And there is no way my mom is going to pay overseas charges to sit on the phone with the stupid cable company for an hour just to get a repairman sent out.

So bottom line, I got to wait until next week when she gets home so she can call and scream and yell at them.

Good luck getting Wifi back! We believe in you!

43 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Good luck getting Wifi back! We believe in you!

Thanks, I'll get it back. But it feels just like 2 months ago, after the hurricane. All I can do is sit and wait... :P

Edited by Just Jim

24 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks, I'll get it back. But it feels just like 2 months ago, after the hurricane. All I can do is sit and wait... :P

And no veteran can ever handle this one task the military so often threw at us: "Hurry up and wait!"

1 hour ago, Thedrelle said:

libraries have wifi access, just run over to your local library and get in their internet.

or MacDonald's, get a $1.00 coffee and hop on ther wifi

I've got a tower, not a laptop, so I can't do McDonald's. I could try the Library. But I haven't been there in years, I'm not sure if they would let me plug in a memory stick then upload a couple hundred pictures or not. Maybe

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

And no veteran can ever handle this one task the military so often threw at us: "Hurry up and wait!"

Yeah no kidding, I am not good at this game

Edited by Just Jim

52 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I've got a tower, not a laptop, so I can't do McDonald's

nonsense. just set up in the corner and give anyone who comes by to question you the patented "cold stare of death" 

works every time. 

of course, if your tower doesn't have a WiFi card, you might get looks running a cable to their router. but again, COLD STARE OF DEATH

22 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

nonsense. just set up in the corner and give anyone who comes by to question you the patented "cold stare of death" 

works every time. 

of course, if your tower doesn't have a WiFi card, you might get looks running a cable to their router. but again, COLD STARE OF DEATH

Hehehe, thank you, I needed a laugh...  :D

So, the ET's abducted Emiko for a reason,  Chino and Emiko are proboablly twins, and the evil witch refers to Cjibi as "Chibi the half human"...

Hmm...

Also, what happened to the Ultimate challenge? Not so much of an ultimate challenge now that there are twice as many known celestial bodies as there were when it was issued, but they still need to finish the challenge.

32 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

So, the ET's abducted Emiko for a reason,  Chino and Emiko are proboablly twins, and the evil witch refers to Cjibi as "Chibi the half human"...

Hmm...

Also, what happened to the Ultimate challenge? Not so much of an ultimate challenge now that there are twice as many known celestial bodies as there were when it was issued, but they still need to finish the challenge.

Very good observation about Chibi! :)

As for the challenge, that has sort of gotten buried with everything else going on. But I haven't forgotten about it, and I really do want to finish it.

The big issue however, is about the only way I can see right at this point to be able to really work it into the story and not make it just gratuitous... Well, there could end up being quite literally 40 or 50 more chapters... Or even a sequel...

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Very good observation about Chibi! :)

As for the challenge, that has sort of gotten buried with everything else going on. But I haven't forgotten about it, and I really do want to finish it.

The big issue however, is about the only way I can see right at this point to be able to really work it into the story and not make it just gratuitous... Well, there could end up being quite literally 40 or 50 more chapters... Or even a sequel...

Yay! Love this series, sequel would be awesome!

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The big issue however, is about the only way I can see right at this point to be able to really work it into the story and not make it just gratuitous

If it was me I'd do it like in Transformers 3 (or was it 2?) where they used the 1st moon landing as a cover up for their top secret actual mission. It could be like a mission to gather further evidence about the whole Kraken thing under the cover of the ultimate challenge.

Edited by DualDesertEagle

10 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Yay! Love this series, sequel would be awesome!

Actually, I misspoke a little. Sequel isn't really the right word for it.

I've been thinking for a while now, because Emiko Station is getting so long, of maybe ending it fairly soon, like around chapter 100, and then doing a Part-2.

I just read the entire series. I my have just read my eyes out but it was totally worth it. Keep up the great writing! But before i go i have two questions:

How did you get the head textures to work for texture  repalcer? Everytime i try to pick a head texture for one kerbal it sets to a diffrent one later on

How did you get raster prop moniter to work for wild blue mod IVAs?

Edited by Avery616

8 hours ago, Avery616 said:

I just read the entire series. I my have just read my eyes out but it was totally worth it. Keep up the great writing! But before i go i have two questions:

How did you get the head textures to work for texture  repalcer? Everytime i try to pick a head texture for one kerbal it sets to a diffrent one later on

How did you get raster prop moniter to work for wild blue mod IVAs?

Thank you, sorry about the eyeballs...  :)

I don't usually have a problem with texture replacer, but every now and then I have to reset them, too.

And all of @Angel-125's mods are compatible with RPM, and I am so glad. They really make the IVA screenshots stand out.

On 11/22/2017 at 6:27 PM, Draconiator said:

I agree with the ending soon thing, 100 is a nice round number...but you'd have to tie up all the loose ends and stuff first.

I'm only talking about part-1, not the whole Saga. That's still got a long, long way to go...

As for tying everything back together... No, if I do this, it's more likely to shatter everything...

Y'all know how I am about Cliffhangers...  :0.0:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.