The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 13-3-2017 at 7:14 PM, Just Jim said:

Yeah, I hear ya. I only have 8 gigs right now.... and I would love to add more one of these days.

Mine is worse. According to Steam it can't run Terraria, and according to Minecraft it can't run Minecraft. I don't even have the specs for the game 8BitMMO, which advertises as 'could probably run on a toaster' :0.0:

I actually stopped playing KSP due to the extreme lag it had. 100 part rockets get me red framerates on launch.

My laptop can barely run KSP fluently at the lowest possible graphics settings. Still waiting for my proper PC to finally arrive here, wherever the effin' hell it's currently collecting dust. Starting to feel like I should track that thing down and get it by myself and have them refund me for the unnecessary extra costs and effort. I've paid for the damn thing forever and a day ago and still haven't received it!

But if it ever gets here one way or the other I'll probably be able to launch rockets thrice the height of the VAB at the highest graphics and 60 FPS.

4 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

Mine is worse. According to Steam it can't run Terraria, and according to Minecraft it can't run Minecraft. I don't even have the specs for the game 8BitMMO, which advertises as 'could probably run on a toaster' :0.0:

I actually stopped playing KSP due to the extreme lag it had. 100 part rockets get me red framerates on launch.

4 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

My laptop can barely run KSP fluently at the lowest possible graphics settings. Still waiting for my proper PC to finally arrive here, wherever the effin' hell it's currently collecting dust. Starting to feel like I should track that thing down and get it by myself and have them refund me for the unnecessary extra costs and effort. I've paid for the damn thing forever and a day ago and still haven't received it!

But if it ever gets here one way or the other I'll probably be able to launch rockets thrice the height of the VAB at the highest graphics and 60 FPS.

My biggest problem is now that I have a faster computer, I want to build bigger, fancier ships... which eventually leads right back to where I started... :rolleyes:

OK, I made runner up in the Kerbal Chronicle thing... cool!

But back to Emiko Station.... this next chapter is taking a bit because I realized I boxed myself in at one spot. I don't know if anyone's picked up on it, or if y'all have just been too polite to say anything, but I've spent the last few days unboxing myself, so to speak, by taking a page or three from Doctor Who... :rolleyes: and I think I've got it. 

For those of you that don't watch Dr Who.... and those that do.... :D .... here's what got me thinking....

Spoiler

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Commander Zoom said:

"Imagine you were dying and a long way from home and in terrible pain. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look up and see the face of the devil himself.

Hello, Dalek."

You, my friend, are definitely a Whovian... :wink:

On 3/16/2017 at 2:08 PM, Just Jim said:

Hide contents

This teaser made my mind twist in a way I didn't think possible I think the twist for your story is with the kraken to get information for the kerbals or with the dalek like critter thwompberry

Edited by Buzz light fear

On 3/18/2017 at 1:53 PM, Draconiator said:

Not a Who fan, but I've watched that clip so many times...

This is arguably one of the most iconic scenes in all of Dr. Who. And the one that roped me back in. What happened is Dr Who went off the air in 1996, and didn't come back until 2005.... which I was quite skeptical about.... until this episode. This one absolutely sold me, and made me a fan of the revival.

But I have to warn you.... most hardcore Dr Who fans will agree, nothing is ever quite as it seems.... and there are usually hints inside of hints.... including mine....

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

Knowing this story Emiko will probably be the reincarnated spirit of Kraken lords mother or something. If I can think of it the twist will top it.

You should probably not give Jim ideas, it is dangerous for the Kerbals.

@Just Jim I must admit I have found this a very interesting story, I have been trying not to laugh too much at some of the references too. Most enjoyable.

Eagerly awaiting MOAR Chapters!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

It's indeed been a while since the last chapter. Everything alright, Jim?

On 3/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm... some of the stuff I wanted to do for the next chapter is turning out to be a lot trickier than I first thought... :/

Sounds like the game is making it hard for him.

What are you doing, Jim? Trying to intercept an asteroid with a single continuous burn from liftoff, but you only have a 2m/s margin? Swooping under a Mün arch at interplanetary speeds? Return from Duna with a limited time, but the ship can't aerocapture deep enough? Or maybe you're trying to do that grand tour contract with an SSTO?

5 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

It's indeed been a while since the last chapter. Everything alright, Jim?

3 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Sounds like the game is making it hard for him.

What are you doing, Jim? Trying to intercept an asteroid with a single continuous burn from liftoff, but you only have a 2m/s margin? Swooping under a Mün arch at interplanetary speeds? Return from Duna with a limited time, but the ship can't aerocapture deep enough? Or maybe you're trying to do that grand tour contract with an SSTO?

Everything OK, and you're not far off.... lol. Part of it is real life getting in the way... again. But the big problem is I'm starting the Emiko Station rebuild and I'm having a real hard time because the surface of the asteroid isn't where it seems. In a couple cases, it's nearly 2 meters below the apparent surface, and it's really time consuming and frustrating getting everything to line up straight.  :confused:

17 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

. In a couple cases, it's nearly 2 meters below the apparent surface, 

(Gasps) 

Spoiler

Magic Boulder - Missing since 0.18 - The magic boulder used to orbit Ike at an altitude of 15 km with zero eccentricity and an inclination of 80 degrees. The mesh (physical surface) for the magic boulder did not match its texture (visible surface) which could result in ships apparently digging into the surface with no ill effect. It would also cause ships to explode seemingly spontaneously, sometimes metres away from the surface, displaying "vesselname crashed into Magic Boulder" in the Flight Log. It also seemed to

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Everything OK, and you're not far off.... lol. Part of it is real life getting in the way... again. But the big problem is I'm starting the Emiko Station rebuild and I'm having a real hard time because the surface of the asteroid isn't where it seems. In a couple cases, it's nearly 2 meters below the apparent surface, and it's really time consuming and frustrating getting everything to line up straight.  :confused:

Wow, what must be wrong with the game to render the physical surface of something so far off the virtual one???

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

*Grabs KAS Harpoon*

SIGN ME UP KAP'N!!!

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Wow, what must be wrong with the game to render the physical surface of something so far off the virtual one???

It's a known bug with asteroids... but I've never seen it this bad. I'm guessing it's because Emiko Asteroid is so big.

Finally caught up. It's enjoyable, but won't recommended if your Kerbals demanded hard sci-fi (my favorite). Now that I've got some inspirations, I might try making my own series XD

For that fusion reactor, do they contain kilograms amount of antimatter? Because if their containment fails, that'd be some spectacular light show from space :wink:.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.