The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah..... Truth is, it's already getting a little darker than I had planned.  But I think I said somewhere already.... if not, I'm saying it now.... no Kerbals will be hurt or killed in the making of this story.  Well, not hurt badly... lol... they may get a little toasted around the edges.

Oh, you let your readers off the hook far too easily Jim... me, I like to pull their wings off sloooooowly (#prayfortedus)

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Oh, you let your readers off the hook far too easily Jim... me, I like to pull their wings off sloooooowly (#prayfortedus)

yeah, I'm a bit of a softie..... for now.

But as it stands, I have this thing outlined for 5 parts, probably 30+ more chapters.... What I've done so far is really just an introduction. 
I may not be so merciful later down the road when things get going....  :wink:

10 minutes ago, Greenhornet553 said:

This series is great! Please good sir, if you have any other mission reports please tell me so that I can go and read more of your great mission reports! If not then I hope this series turns out well ;) 

Thank you!  And this is my first.... well, sort of.  I did start another one a few months back, but that was before 1.0.5 was released, and it wasn't very good. 
When 1.0.5 came out I restarted my career game, then started this mission report as a fan fiction story instead of just a mission log.

I also hope it ends well.... lol... by that I mean I have the story all on paper, so I already know how it ends... (the ship sinks... lol)  
I just hope I can keep it fun and interesting for y'all.

57 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

yeah, I'm a bit of ae..... for now.

But as it stands, I have this thing outlined for 5 parts, probably 30+ more chapters.... What I've done so far is really just an introduction. 
I may not be so merciful later down the road when things get going....  :wink:

Wow, that is really good news for us, but also very ambitious.  I would caution about setting your sights *too* high.  The last thing you would want is for the game to become a chore, and no longer fun.

As it is, it looks like your game time is already more than 50% production! :)

That said, ...keep up the good work. ;)

1 minute ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Wow, that is really good news for us, but also very ambitious.  I would caution about setting your sights *too* high.  The last thing you would want is for the game to become a chore, and no longer fun.

As it is, it looks like your game time is already more than 50% production! :)

That said, ...keep up the good work. ;)

It is somewhat ambitious, but also necessary.  I'm not so worried about getting bored.  My only worry is I may be pushing this old computer a bit to achieve my final goal.... but I think I'm OK. 

As for game time, yeah... that did get a bit out of hand.  Not to worry...

*SPOILER ALERT*

Spoiler

Part three will be a sort of intermission, and concentrate much more on the growth of KASA (and my career game in general), and how they move out to the other planets.

I don't mind the story taking a dark turn...it's all been good so far!  :)  That was mostly meant for my fellow Disqus commentators, many of whom will rant for days, weeks, even MONTHS about how certain characters on TV annoy them SO MUCH that the writers just HAVE to kill them off.  I expect they don't get invited to parties much.  (None I would go to anyway....  Is anybody but me worried that wishing people dead for being annoying is now the way to be totally cool on the internet..?)

I am Eagerly awaiting further development!  :)

Edited by Crystal_Mace

30 minutes ago, Crystal_Mace said:

I don't mind the story taking a dark turn...it's all been good so far!  :)  That was mostly meant for my fellow Disqus commentators, many of whom will rant for days, weeks, even MONTHS about how certain characters on TV annoy them SO MUCH that the writers just HAVE to kill them off.  I expect they don't get invited to parties much.  (None I would go to anyway....  Is anybody but me worried that wishing people dead for being annoying is now the way to be totally cool on the internet..?)

I am Eagerly awaiting further development!  :)

Oh, I don't mind getting dark to build the suspense... quite the contrary.  If I ever wrote a full-blown horror story, I would write something that would make Lovecraft nod in approval, and give y'all nightmares for weeks...  :0.0:

But Kerbals are soft and fuzzy... metaphorically speaking, and I've tried so hard in my career games to keep them safe, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of killing them off just for a plotline.  I more favor the idea of them getting caught in a mind blowing explosion, but staggering away from it a little singed but OK.

As for killing off characters on a TV show, yeah, that does get annoying.  But I'm being somewhat a hypocrite, because as a big Dr. Who fan, I wish they would just get rid of Clara already... and hopefully bring in Petronella Osgood as the new companion!  :wink:

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

As for killing off characters on a TV show, yeah, that does get annoying.  But I'm being somewhat a hypocrite, because as a big Dr. Who fan, I wish they would just get rid of Clara already... and hopefully bring in Petronella Osgood as the new companion!  :wink:

At least you and I don't have to worry about one problem of TV show producers: we will never have to kill off a character because the actor thinks a better role has come along, or holds out for more money, or goes into rehab, etc. etc. etc. And even if they did, hey all the Kerbals look pretty much the same, we could swap a new one in even easier than they did with the two Darrins on Bewitched

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

At least you and I don't have to worry about one problem of TV show producers: we will never have to kill off a character because the actor thinks a better role has come along, or holds out for more money, or goes into rehab, etc. etc. etc. And even if they did, hey all the Kerbals look pretty much the same, we could swap a new one in even easier than they did with the two Darrins on Bewitched

*eyes his newest kerbalnaut, Robert Downey Kerman, with sudden and unfounded suspicion...*

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

And even if they did, hey all the Kerbals look pretty much the same, we could swap a new one in even easier than they did with the two Darrins on Bewitched

I always loved how Roseanne dealt with the daughter Becky. 
First one actress, then a second, then in one of the later seasons they made it a gag and switched them back and forth. That was awesome... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Sure, but he's fairly mercurial surprise-surprise, you'll most likely get his masseuse or chef...; 1-RON-MAN-FOUR.

Oh, I'll take his chef....  bettin' he's pretty good... lol....

Please bear with me everyone, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting a new rover design to cooperate. 
But I should have a new chapter tomorrow sometime.

Edited by Just Jim

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, I'll take his chef....  bettin' he's pretty good... lol....

Please bear with me everyone, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting a new rover design to cooperate. 
But I should have a new chapter tomorrow sometime.

Take all the time you want as long as we get new chaptersssss, if we don't then I'll sacrifice you to the Kraken.

Hey Just Jim,

I'm a bit late to the game here as I've just started following your story, but Chapter 2 was great! Heartwarming and very very kerbal. Makes me glad I have the office to myself so that I don't have to explain my goofy grin.

1 hour ago, Greenhornet553 said:

Take all the time you want as long as we get new chaptersssss, if we don't then I'll sacrifice you to the Kraken.

Not the Kraken!!!  hehehe  :0.0:
Prolly later today, I think.  One thing I don't know if I mentioned... I may have.... is all the ships you see actually work.  I won't use Hyperedit just to put something into orbit. I'll only use it to position ships at the other space center or something like that.   Just to promote the storyline and no more.
I want to make absolutely sure every pic I post is something that can be flown or launch or driven, or whatever, in the game.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Hey Just Jim,

I'm a bit late to the game here as I've just started following your story, but Chapter 2 was great! Heartwarming and very very kerbal. Makes me glad I have the office to myself so that I don't have to explain my goofy grin.

yeah... I let my romantic side off the leash for that one. 

Chapter 17
The Voice

While Dr. von Kerman was on the radio with captain Piper, Gene reached down to the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out a small flask of his cherished 23 year old Chisholm Scotch and two glasses, and poured each of them a generous amount.

"You have my permission, Piper. Just be careful," von Kerman finished, and set down his microphone. "Isn't it a little early, my friend?" he said as he turned to Gene.

"After the morning we've had, I don't think the board would object.," Gene smiled grimly and held up his glass

"Agreed," von Kerman said, raising his glass as well. "To the missing."

"The missing.... may they return home safely." 

But just where were Jandolin and Harfield Kerman? They had spent the last several days asking themselves that very question...
Where are we?

After their abduction the power had been cut to their ship, and the horrified couple clung together, basked in the sinister red glow of whatever had them. Soon after they felt themselves accelerating at a dangerous rate, and it wasn't long before the two of them passed out from the tremendous G-forces.

When they awoke, they were still in a ship's cabin, only something wasn't right. Looking out the window next to her, Jandolin noticed it first.

"The stars are gone..."

E6RNHwn.jpg

"What?" Harfield gasped, looking for himself. Sure enough, out the windows there were no stars, or planet, or... anything. Just inky blackness. He unbuckled his safety harness and went to try the hatch, and fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Gravity?"  he said, brushing himself off.  "Where are we?"

And then the room glowed red, and a strange, electronic voice replied, "You are now under our.... protection, Harfield Kerman."

Startled, Harfield demanded, "Who are you?  Where is this place. Why are we being held against our will?"

The strange voice replied, "We mean you no harm.  This place has been made for you so that you may be comfortable. Gravity, light, food; all are adjusted to suit your needs. You are not our prisoner, Harfield Kerman."

"Then we are free to go?"

"No, Harfield Kerman."

"What do you mean no?"

"The female, Jandolin Kerman, must remain here."

"And what do you think you're going to do with Jandolin?"

The weird voice paused a moment, then replied, "She is to be our... Queen...."

g7Tfe5Z.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Go to Chapter 18
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

AAAAAHHHH! Creepy!  OK, so either the aliens have artificial gravity (plausible) and there's no stars because it's one of those many situations where you can't actually see stars in space, or else... nope, that's the only possibility They have harnessed the power of the gravioli particle! Run for your lives!

30 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

AAAAAHHHH! Creepy!  OK, so either the aliens have artificial gravity (plausible) and there's no stars because it's one of those many situations where you can't actually see stars in space, or else... nope, that's the only possibility They have harnessed the power of the gravioli particle! Run for your lives!

The graviolipocalypse???  :0.0:

48 minutes ago, Greenhornet553 said:

I feel like the ones that abducted Jandolin and Harfield are an army of sentient probes O.o

43 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

I think I know what's goin on... ;-)

Edit: actually, my guess is the same as the post above, which I only noticed after writing...

If I answered maybe yes and maybe no, but mostly not really... would you accuse me of just screwing around with you???  :confused:

You guys have buried the lead-  "thar be a pla' een Kerbin cay'd Scootland!"  :D

(somewhat sincere apologies to anyone of Scottish derivation who might pronounce such a sentence in a more Manley manner)

((...and to any of my Old World ancestors I may need to now deal with in the afterlife...))

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.