The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

I wonder if Thompberry's EMP device one of the causes of this succession. Such a weapon would be desirable for an acting Grand Kerbal. Also, you forgot Jeb's emoj. 

Jeb: :cool:

I wonder how he is going to get a pair of sunglasses that cover his third eye?

12 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Someone is going to regret that. :o

On 1/18/2016 at 9:11 PM, Just Jim said:

"Pipsqueak?" she whispered coldly into her microphone, "Pipsqueak?"

"PIPSQUEAK???" 

It's a shame they no longer have the bunker by the level one launch site.

Edited by Lithobrake

presumed poofed

@Just Jim:

You know, it never even occurred to me to believe that was true.  You certainly do play the long game, though.

The funny part is that I saw that there was an update and figured I would enjoy it slowly and savour it (I can count on you for an hour's worth of time, right?), so I got some coffee ready, made a quick meal, and sat down with the intent of spending a part of the morning on a leisurely read, and then ....

Well done, Jim, but my leisurely breakfast read does not thank you.

Edited by Zhetaan

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

You know, it never even occurred to me to believe that was true.  You certainly do play the long game, though.

Yeah, I've been holding that wild-card up my sleeve for quite a while... but I think the time is finally right to play it... :wink:

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

The funny part is that I saw that there was an update and figured I would enjoy it slowly and savour it (I can count on you for an hour's worth of time, right?), so I got some coffee ready, made a quick meal, and sat down with the intent of spending a part of the morning on a leisurely read, and then ....

Well done, Jim, but my leisurely breakfast read does not thank you.

Hehe... opps... sorry. :rolleyes:

Truth is, while I had been toying with the idea of the hammer falling in poor ol' Gene, I didn't plan on doing another "brief interruption" one like chapter three... but this accomplishes a couple things.

First, and most important, I wanted to post a new chapter ASAP, even if it just 100+ words, so everyone knows I'm 100% not concerned about this EULA thing... it's come and gone, I clicked it, and nothing... absolutely nothing... has changed. And I am going to go on writing just as before. 

Second, by ordering everyone back home, I'm all set to upgrade to 1.4.1 and the DLC as soon as possible. Which can't be soon enough, because I have all sorts of plans how to integrate all the new parts and other goodies... they fit into my existing plans so well!!!

Third... DRAMA!!!  hehehehe  Drama, drama, drama... 

I'm already working out the details for the next chapter... like just how bad Piper's head is going to explode, without actually violating the forum rules for profanity... hehehe... and I promise it'll be more like normal, so you can enjoy a nice, long, breakfast read again. :D

Edited by Just Jim

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Chapter 93
An Imperative Interruption...

By Order of the Grand Kerbal

Effective immediately:

1. Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration head-administrator Gene Kerman is hereby terminated, stripped of all rank and privileges, and ordered under immediate house-arrest, pending inquiry
  2. Werhner von Kerman is ordered to assume the position of temporary head-administrator of KASA, pending inquiry
  3. All KASA personnel are ordered to halt any and all activities, and to immediately return to the space center, pending inquiry

These orders are to be carried out immediately; any deviation will result in immediate court-marshal and discharge from the Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration.

By order of the acting Grand Kerbal
Her Majesty,
Samantha Kerman

Oh boy. Mulch hit the turbofan now.

Me: Okay I am going off to Reddit for some time, nothing important better happen when I’m gone. 

*a few days later*

On 3/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, Just Jim said:

NDUTisv.png

By Order of the Grand Kerbal

Effective immediately:

1. Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration head-administrator Gene Kerman is hereby terminated, stripped of all rank and privileges, and ordered under immediate house-arrest, pending inquiry
  2. Werhner von Kerman is ordered to assume the position of temporary head-administrator of KASA, pending inquiry
  3. All KASA personnel are ordered to halt any and all activities, and to immediately return to the space center, pending inquiry

These orders are to be carried out immediately; any deviation will result in immediate court-marshal and discharge from the Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration.

By order of the acting Grand Kerbal
Her Majesty,
Samantha Kerman

B0kD6IN.png

This whole mess now sounds very similar to the crossing of the Rubicon... After the senate ordered that Caesar dismantle his army and return as a private citizen, the extremely popular general marched into Rome and made himself king.

1 hour ago, The Dunatian said:

This whole mess now sounds very similar to the crossing of the Rubicon... After the senate ordered that Caesar dismantle his army and return as a private citizen, the extremely popular general marched into Rome and made himself king.

That's a great idea! Let's go and turn the entire government into a space program.

28 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Confirming that I have, indeed, deplorably forgotten something, I went and searched thru old chapters. I believe I may know who this “Samantha” is, and all I have to say is:

:o

hehe, I cannot confirm or deny that you're probably right...  :0.0:

Hiiii!   I still have 1.2.2...not at the moment though because my other hard drive died and I'm working on getting everything else situated on the new one before I migrate everything back here.

Off topic sentence, but GET AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PEOPLE.  It'll save your butt.

OK, party's over.. that was fun!

I should be updated today or tonight... last I saw Steam was being a little weird.

Tomorrow I'll pick up where we left off, and also see how many mods are still working, or need updating. I want to get everything updated as fast as possible...

I have HUGE plans for the new DLC parts and other goodies... but I'm keeping them to myself for now... bwaahahahaha...  :D

2 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Hiiii!   I still have 1.2.2...not at the moment though because my other hard drive died and I'm working on getting everything else situated on the new one before I migrate everything back here.

Off topic sentence, but GET AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PEOPLE.  It'll save your butt.

Not really off-topic... I save everything to a memory stick... Every writer and modder should have their work backed up somewhere.

Edited by Just Jim

On 3/10/2018 at 7:00 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Someone is going to regret that. :o

Yeah. NOBODY, messes with Piper Kerman.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, TheKSPBeginner said:

Now I want Samantha poofed

Uh-huh. But wouldn't that be... bad?

On 3/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, TheKSPBeginner said:

Now I want Samantha poofed

49 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Uh-huh. But wouldn't that be... bad?

No, that won't happen... but I think I can safely say... and pardon my language... there is one hell of a big fight looming on the horizon!!!  :0.0:

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I have HUGE plans for the new DLC parts and other goodies...

Me too. :wink: Guess I need to bring the crews back from Jool first.

Now if I can figure out how to get alternate launch sites from the mission builder to work in career mode without invoking the Kraken, I'll be set. (I suspect I'll have to resort to some hackery, which will make things a bit less shareable, but....)

6 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Now if I can figure out how to get alternate launch sites from the mission builder to work in career mode without invoking the Kraken, I'll be set.

I don't know if that's possible without invoking a Kraken invasion... and I can't really talk about stuff like that. :wink:

I really like our 2nd launch site, Woomerang... The view is gorgeous from 10,000 meters... I've already got a couple thoughts how to weave that in the story.

For possible future alternate sites in Emiko, I figure I'll just set up a mission with the Mission Builder to get screenshots of whatever it is I need, and leave it at that. It's really no different than my setting up a 2nd game and using HyperEdit to re-arrange the solar system, which I did for both the Laythe-past vision screenshots, and the devastated Ground Zero shots. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.