The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

For possible future alternate sites in Emiko, I figure I'll just set up a mission with the Mission Builder to get screenshots of whatever it is I need, and leave it at that.

The mission builder _will_ make staging screenshots and videos much easier, thanks to the spawnable anythings. 

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I don't know if that's possible without invoking a Kraken invasion... and I can't really talk about stuff like that. :wink:

[Whistles coyly while avoiding the subject....] I don’t not know nothing about none such non-things, nope. Pay no attention to the beasties behind the [—redacted—].....

(No, really. I have no idea what Jim is cooking up.)

Edited by Cydonian Monk

On 3/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, Cydonian Monk said:

[Whistles coyly while avoiding the subject....] I don’t not know nothing about none such non-things, nope. Pay no attention to the beasties behind the [—redacted—].....

(No, really. I have no idea what Jim is cooking up.)

hehehe... yeah, there's no grand conspiracy... 
(...the meeting is in the usual place... remember, the password is "The roster crowed at midnight...")

No, seriously, I don't really want to talk about it, because I really don't want to make a big deal about it, but it should be fairly obvious by now what I've been doing the last couple weeks. And there are some things that I just cannot and will not talk about. 

On 3/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, Cydonian Monk said:

The mission builder _will_ make staging screenshots and videos much easier, thanks to the spawnable anythings. 

Absolutely! And more! I can easily see entire stories revolving around one or two custom missions... or the other way around! You can put message windows into a mission in a huge variety of ways, so that when such and such happens, a window pops open, and you get to read something... then the mission continues. Now most of the time this might be used to give further instructions, or whatever, for the mission. But I'm thinking some of the more creative writers might be able to take advantage of these message windows in a few ways... :wink:

On 3/14/2018 at 11:56 AM, TheKSPBeginner said:

I wouldn't care. Maybe Jeb can start a democracy.

Oh no....... not the "D" word!!!

Actually, while I haven't gotten terribly specific about it, my Kerbals have a sort of loose matriarchal society, revolving around the Grand Kerbal. There seems to be no strict sort of government, or any kind of military, and for the most part, because they are generally good-natured, the kerbals are free to do as they please. The Grand Kerbal and her advisers mostly just settle business disputes, and personal squabbles over snacks, and things like that. 

But what is about to happen in the next chapter... this has never, ever happened in recorded history...

dun dun dunnnn...... :0.0:

Oh, and props to anyone who remembers where "The Roster Crowed at Midnight..." came from. lol  :D

Edited by Just Jim

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

hehehe... yeah, there's no grand conspiracy... 
(...the meeting is in the usual place... remember, the password is "The roster crowed at midnight...")

*wanders up to a nondescript door*

AHEM

"The Chicken clucks at half past 2 in the morning on a cloudless night with a waxing moon.."

"something something Mighty deeps."

15 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

*wanders up to a nondescript door*

AHEM

"The Chicken clucks at half past 2 in the morning on a cloudless night with a waxing moon.."

"something something Mighty deeps."

"The good mother makes bean soup for the errant boy."

"What?"

"Are you sure the ill-built tower doesn't tremble mightily at the butterfly's passage?"

"Nope. Bean soup it is. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry, I had to. You mentioned mighty deeps (of which the cagéd whale knows nothing, if you must know).

1 minute ago, IncongruousGoat said:

"What?"

"Are you sure the ill-built tower doesn't tremble mightily at the butterfly's passage?"

"Nope. Bean soup it is. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry, I had to. You mentioned mighty deeps (of which the cagéd whale knows nothing, if you must know).

"those uh, deeps, did you say they were mighty, or nightly?"

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I don't know if that's possible without invoking a Kraken invasion... and I can't really talk about stuff like that. :wink:

Sure you can. :wink:

We all know there’s a Kraken invasion coming. We know it. They just sit around out there in the Outer Planets, brooding and scheming. They must be planning an invasion, to restore their former glory and once again raise themselves as masters of this universe! :D if only it weren’t for them pesky kids...

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

... something something the average voter... <_<

4 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

We all know there’s a Kraken invasion coming. We know it. They just sit around out there in the Outer Planets, brooding and scheming. They must be planning an invasion, to restore their former glory and once again raise themselves as masters of this universe! 

Uh-huh. #TektoKrakenCity

On 3/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, obney kerman said:

Me: Oh, I'm back from vacation! Let's check the forums!

Me: sees chapter 93

Me::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

yeah... I had to... hehehe... And I think I have another twist in store for Obney as well... :wink:

OK everyone, quick update... I'm still helping with the other project, but I'm also working on integrating the Emiko career game into version 1.4.1 and MH... and so far so good. Mostly I just need to wait on the mod-makers to catch up... which is fine, I totally understand how much work it can be for them.

But I am super, super happy to say the pseudo-bug that was re-sizing some of the larger asteroids in version 1.3.1 seems to have been squashed, and it looks like Emiko Asteroid itself will make it into the new version unchanged!!! WOOHOO!!!  :D

On March 14, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Just Jim said:

-snip-

Actually, while I haven't gotten terribly specific about it, my Kerbals have a sort of loose matriarchal society, revolving around the Grand Kerbal. There seems to be no strict sort of government, or any kind of military, and for the most part, because they are generally good-natured, the kerbals are free to do as they please. The Grand Kerbal and her advisers mostly just settle business disputes, and personal squabbles over snacks, and things like that. 

But what is about to happen in the next chapter... this has never, ever happened in recorded Kerban history...

dun dun dunnnn...... :0.0:

-snip-

Kerban?

Edited by TheKSPBeginner
but no thanks

16 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

Kerban?

opps.... I fixed it... lol.

Actually, the behind the scenes reason is I just don't want to get too deep into politics in general. Don't get me wrong, I love political intrigue. And I think I could write a decent nail-biter if I put my mind to it. But politics in general can become controversial, especially if they start to parallel real life too much, and I've tried to avoid that as a rule.

So in my Emiko Universe, suffice it to say we have a Grand Kerbal, like a queen, and her small group of advisers... and that's about it. For the most part, other than the next chapter, they're just background characters.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Angel-125 said:

I should have Wild Blue mods updated this weekend. I’ve been a bit busy with personal stuff.

Seriously??? I mean, take your time and do what you have to do, just having them by this weekend would be fantastic!!!  Thank you!!!  :D

You know, you could crop out the UI in your screenshots. Just a suggestion, it would be a nice way to show the map icons without annoying borders.

On 3/14/2018 at 1:56 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

We all know there’s a Kraken invasion coming. We know it. They just sit around out there in the Outer Planets, brooding and scheming. They must be planning an invasion, to restore their former glory and once again raise themselves as masters of this universe! 

Maybe not next chapter, though.

#MakeABattlePlanAndBeRestoredAsTheMasters

By the way, Jim, didn’t you say that evil had actually been programmed into Thompberry, or did I likely miss something?

You see where I’m going with this?

39 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I suppose this will be a tirade to rival what she said to screamed at Thompberry a while back?

It's going to be epic!!! But I'm not sure who's going to be ranting louder, Piper, when she hears Gene's been locked up. Or Emiko, when she realizes just who exactly it was that signed the order.

This is going to be fun!!!

Oh... quick update... I started working on the next chapter... got a lot of the driving done. And I've been keeping a list, and it looks like about half of the mods I'm using are already updated, or will be in the next few days!!! WOOHOO!!! Thank you mod-makers!!!

I can do most all of the next chapter without the DLC... but I'm hoping to fully integrate it as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

By the way, Jim, didn’t you say that evil had actually been programmed into Thompberry, or did I likely miss something?

You see where I’m going with this?

If I remember correctly, the Kraken that created Thompberry's current form programmed the Kraken signature evil streak into him, which he tussled with in the following chapters. He was shaken loose from that programming by the twins on the return from Duna, since he never truly wanted to hurt them or their mother Jandolin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.