The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

15 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

By the way, Jim, didn’t you say that evil had actually been programmed into Thompberry, or did I likely miss something?

Remember, Thomberry is - for the sake of personality - fully Kerman. His brain, as Piper often points out, happens to reside in a jar. He still has the full range of Kerman emotions and personality quirks... including love... and evil... :D

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

It's going to be epic!!! But I'm not sure who's going to be ranting louder, Piper, when she hears Gene's been locked up. Or Emiko, when she realizes just who exactly it was that signed the order.

Hahaha, Can't wait...

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

This is going to be fun!!!

As it should always be.

17 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

By the way, Jim, didn’t you say that evil had actually been programmed into Thompberry, or did I likely miss something?

13 hours ago, SchwinnTropius said:

If I remember correctly, the Kraken that created Thompberry's current form programmed the Kraken signature evil streak into him, which he tussled with in the following chapters. He was shaken loose from that programming by the twins on the return from Duna, since he never truly wanted to hurt them or their mother Jandolin.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Remember, Thomberry is - for the sake of personality - fully Kerman. His brain, as Piper often points out, happens to reside in a jar. He still has the full range of Kerman emotions and personality quirks... including love... and evil... :D

Yeah... It wasn't that the Elder Kraken programmed him to be evil... Thompberry was already at his worst at that point... it was that he woke to find himself trapped in the brain-pod... with the Artificial Intelligence that was once Omega-77 in his pod's programming!!! This is what made Thompberry even more insane, until he was finally able to get a handle on the situation.

But @SchwinnTropius and @adsii1970 are quite correct, Thompberry may not have a body anymore, but surprisingly he still has a heart... metaphorically speaking. And this is what's really messing with him... making friends with the twins... and falling for Piper... these are things he's having a hard time dealing with.  :wink:

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... It wasn't that the Elder Kraken programmed him to be evil... Thompberry was already at his worst at that point... it was that he woke to find himself trapped in the brain-pod... with the Artificial Intelligence that was once Omega-77 in his pod's programming!!! This is what made Thompberry even more insane, until he was finally able to get a handle on the situation.

But @SchwinnTropius and @adsii1970 are quite correct, Thompberry may not have a body anymore, but surprisingly he still has a heart... metaphorically speaking. And this is what's really messing with him... making friends with the twins... and falling for Piper... these are things he's having a hard time dealing with.  :wink:

That and his unpleasant childhood, his parents being peons of the kraken and all that, if I remember my Emiko's station history...

On 3/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Just Jim said:

By Order of the Grand Kerbal

Effective immediately:

1. Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration head-administrator Gene Kerman is hereby terminated, stripped of all rank and privileges, and ordered under immediate house-arrest, pending inquiry
  2. Werhner von Kerman is ordered to assume the position of temporary head-administrator of KASA, pending inquiry
  3. All KASA personnel are ordered to halt any and all activities, and to immediately return to the space center, pending inquiry

These orders are to be carried out immediately; any deviation will result in immediate court-marshal and discharge from the Kerbal Aeronautics and Space Administration.

By order of the acting Grand Kerbal
Her Majesty,
Samantha Kerman

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the strange tale of Emiko and Chibi Kerman, are still far, far from over....

Return to Index

Eeep. Looks like the mulch has hit the turbopumps. And, if I recall correctly, turbopumps don't do well after ingesting a heap of mulch...

Edited by KSK

2 hours ago, Thedrelle said:

That and his unpleasant childhood, his parents being peons of the kraken and all that, if I remember my Emiko's station history...

Oh yeah.... there's that little nugget as well...

Poor crazy Thompberry... lol.... :confused:

1 hour ago, HeronRocketry said:

I’m just gonna ask: does anyone one here have time to make like a pdf that’s downloadable for Emiko station? It’s kind of tough to read through with all the extra posts.

Please, don't. While I'm not opposed to the idea, because of the EULA and other things, I would need to make sure I have an agreement and the support of both @SQUADand Take-Two before releasing something like this.

I do have links at the each chapter that will take you back to the index... but I'm thinking maybe I can improve on that and add another link at the end of the chapters that will take a reader right to the beginning of the next chapter, and skip over the comments. 

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Please, don't. While I'm not opposed to the idea, because of the EULA and other things, I would need to make sure I have an agreement and the support of both @SQUADand Take-Two before releasing something like this.

I do have links at the each chapter that will take you back to the index... but I'm thinking maybe I can improve on that and add another link at the end of the chapters that will take a reader right to the beginning of the next chapter, and skip over the comments. 

This is one of the new changes I am incorporating into Kerny's journal. When I post the next chapter, at the bottom of the page, there will be two links... one for the op, one for the previous chapter, and I will have the text placeholder for the next chapter.  I've thought about creating a button for mine; might just use text-hyperlink. Want me to create some sort of button set for you?

On 3/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, Just Jim said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. Made me confused, since the Kraken Lord called the Elder Kraken “a traitor to the species”. Boy, makes you feel sorry for Thompberry, his life was so hard. First, his parents read the Kerbalkomicon and were possessed by Krakens, leaving him an orphan. Then he joined ZE and got a huge crush on Jandolin, who thought he was creepy. Then, Harfield married Jandolin, driving him crazy and making him invent 4 (not necessarily evil) saucers (with designated all -77, for some reason). Also, miraculously, Wherner and Gene needed help with the TOP, the perfect sabotaging opportunity to make him emperor of the universe somehow. He tries to destroy the KSC with a CHEESE gravioli particle. He is thwarted by Omega-77, result of Alpha-77, Beta-77, and Delta-77 joining... er... something... essences? Something? Whatever. Omega then takes him to Bop on minimal life support, where the Elder Kraken takes his brain, and... telepathically, somehow puts it in a jar made of... something... unbrakeable and impenetrable. He then terrorizes KASA by torturing Kerrena at Duna Station. He accidentally makes friends with Theo and Gem, and eventually slowly reforms, all while Harfield gives Emiko Kerbalese lessons on Eve. Which brings me to the point where my memory blanks.

10 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

The Grand Kerbal (who I want poofed)

Just like Jim said, won’t happen.

10 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

7 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Just like Jim said, won’t happen.

Although I can't promise we won't hear some of the characters quoting @TheKSPBeginner in the next chapter...

...word for word... :mad:

hehehe

7 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. Made me confused, since the Kraken Lord called the Elder Kraken “a traitor to the species”. Boy, makes you feel sorry for Thompberry, his life was so hard. First, his parents read the Kerbalkomicon and were possessed by Krakens, leaving him an orphan. Then he joined ZE and got a huge crush on Jandolin, who thought he was creepy. Then, Harfield married Jandolin, driving him crazy and making him invent 4 (not necessarily evil) saucers (with designated all -77, for some reason). Also, miraculously, Wherner and Gene needed help with the TOP, the perfect sabotaging opportunity to make him emperor of the universe somehow. He tries to destroy the KSC with a CHEESE gravioli particle. He is thwarted by Omega-77, result of Alpha-77, Beta-77, and Delta-77 joining... er... something... essences? Something? Whatever. Omega then takes him to Bop on minimal life support, where the Elder Kraken takes his brain, and... telepathically, somehow puts it in a jar made of... something... unbrakeable and impenetrable. He then terrorizes KASA by torturing Kerrena at Duna Station. He accidentally makes friends with Theo and Gem, and eventually slowly reforms, all while Harfield gives Emiko Kerbalese lessons on Eve. Which brings me to the point where my memory blanks.

Yeah... Thompberry has absolutely become my favorite character to write, because he's become so complex. Definitely a classic case of:

"He's not evil... he's just... misunderstood..."  :confused:

Edited by Just Jim

Hey, just a real quick update, and change in plans... I've obviously already got a copy of 1.4.1 and the DLC, and I'm literally dying to add them into Emiko Station. But even though most of my favorite mod-makers are caught up, or close, I want to give them all the time they need... I totally get how much work they do, and I can't thank them enough for their hard work. And I don't want any of them to think I'm poking... 

Instead I came up with an alternate plan for the next chapter I think most of you will hate me for... lol... One that doesn't require the DLC, and I already have written in my head... So I'm taking a break from the bug-hunting team, and diving back into the next chapter head-first tomorrow morning.

ETA... who knows??? If I try and predict it, I'll only get it wrong... lol... :rolleyes:

On 3/21/2018 at 9:12 AM, TheKSPBeginner said:

Are we talking revolution here? Hopefully the grand kerbal doesn't have any family, if there is this revolution stuff they might not be kindly treated.

11 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Are we talking revolution here? Hopefully the grand kerbal doesn't have any family, if there is this revolution stuff they might not be kindly treated.

This stinks more of a clear usurpation of power. We don’t yet know the circumstances, but assuming it’s your basic hereditary monarchy, history has no shortage of inspiration to draw from.  The Grand Kerbal is dead poofed, long live the Grand Kerbal! And call me suspicious but I doubt this Samantha brooks much dissent. 

47 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Kind of like Nicolas II and family of Russia (D. 1917) right after the Bolshevik Revolution?

12 hours ago, GDJ said:

Kind of like Nicolas II and family of Russia (D. 1917) right after the Bolshevik Revolution?

I see I'm not the only one who remembers that. And while I think a revolution proper would be great interesting, we've got to keep the content suitable for younger audiences. Which is why it will likely be more of a popular uprising resulting in the grand kerbal's abdication. Or if it is revolution proper, it should be done right. Petition of grievances, declaration of independence, ect. None of this unnecessary violence and terror stuff like in the bolshevik revolution.

Edited by The Dunatian

Idea!

KSC staff kidnap Samantha, tell her to let Gene free, she says no, the team takes her up in a Stratowing, threatens to airdrop her onto the 7 sisters, she says okay, and boom, Gene's free!

Don't look at me like that, it could work... Right?

Okay, I haven't gotten sleep this week, shush.

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Idea!

KSC staff kidnap Samantha, tell her to let Gene free, she says no, the team takes her up in a Stratowing, threatens to airdrop her onto the 7 sisters, she says okay, and boom, Gene's free!

Don't look at me like that, it could work... Right?

Okay, I haven't gotten sleep this week, shush.

Unnecessarily expensive. Think of the cost of the jet fuel! Being held at gunpoint is a much cheaper and easier alternative...

hey everyone... Looks like I have to change my plans again... sorry.

I spent all day yesterday downloading mods for 1.4.1, and with the help of a couple really, really smart people that I know don't want to be named, was able to get my Emiko game running in 1.4.1.. sort of. I'm still missing OPM... but my understanding is @Galileo has taken over maintaining the mod, and it's just in a holding pattern waiting for the Kopernicus mod to update first. That's cool, I'm not going to try and hurry them, I can wait a chapter or three and just stay closer to home, so to speak... that's easy. 

The problem I'm having is the game is now sort of... glitchy. It may be mod related... or maybe because... well... I have to be careful what I say. Partially because I've signed an NDA... and because... well... there's still stuff I wouldn't say even if I could. But there were a couple small changes made in 1.4.1 and the DLC that may have caused my game to become a little... confused. But I'm thinking, more than anything, it's just become a little too old, and maybe now upgraded one too many times.

One thing I can say openly... it's reverted back to year-1, day-1, when it should be year-15, day-290. Just that glitch could lead to problems down the road.

Sooo... after consulting with a couple more very smart people, I've decided it may be best to just start over. Not the story, don't worry... but make a new career game, take a couple days to get through the beginning grind, then add the ships and stations and crew back, and time advance it back where it should be to match the current Emiko game. Then pick up writing where I left off. Should only take a few days, tops.

I'm super impressed how long this career game has lasted, but if I take a few days and make a clean one, it may save me down the road from bigger problems that could permanently break the game... and 5 krakens in my story is more than enough... I don't need any uninvited ones. 

Take whatever you need to to make this work. we will mill about in the forums until you got it right where you want it. 

we are patient.

we can wait. 

in the dark.

alone. 

Edited by Thedrelle
Not creepy or anything

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.