The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

38 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

Take whatever you need to to make this work.

Yeah... I don't like the idea of taking longer than necessary, but I really do think this is the smart move.

But I should say one other thing... I don't want anyone thinking I'm implying my game is broken because of the upgrade or DLC... it's not. I couldn't be more happy with the upgrade and DLC, and all the new parts and features and stuff I can't discuss. There are things that work so perfectly into what I already had planned for Emiko Station... and I've been working out the details now for weeks how to integrate everything as seamlessly as possible. To be completely honest, I am super in love with it.

I really think what's happened is my game started with version 0.94... and has been upgraded several times now... and my persistent file is monstrous... it's getting to be like an older car that needs a really good overhaul. And if I go ahead and fix or replace everything now, I may be saving myself from an un-fixable situation later on.

Edited by Just Jim

17 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

Are we talking revolution here? Hopefully the grand kerbal doesn't have any family, if there is this revolution stuff they might not be kindly treated.

16 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

This stinks more of a clear usurpation of power. We don’t yet know the circumstances, but assuming it’s your basic hereditary monarchy, history has no shortage of inspiration to draw from.  The Grand Kerbal is dead poofed, long live the Grand Kerbal! And call me suspicious but I doubt this Samantha brooks much dissent. 

16 hours ago, GDJ said:

Kind of like Nicolas II and family of Russia (D. 1917) right after the Bolshevik Revolution?

3 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

I see I'm not the only one who remembers that. And while I think a revolution proper would be great interesting, we've got to keep the content suitable for younger audiences. Which is why it will likely be more of a popular uprising resulting in the grand kerbal's abdication. Or if it is revolution proper, it should be done right. Petition of grievances, declaration of independence, ect. None of this unnecessary violence and terror stuff like in the bolshevik revolution.

To all of these... yes and no... sort of.

Like @The Dunatian points out, I have to be careful not to make things to... intense... and also not violate the forum rules for too much politics. And I don't want this to parallel Earth history too much, either. I know there are some strange parallels between Kerbin and Earth in the story, like the Kergyptians and the Kerbalcomicon, but it's already been suggested these two parallels are because of meddling by the Krakens and ET's in both Earth and Kerbin history.

But I don't think the political structures and histories would be as parallel... mostly because of the scale of Kerbin vs. Earth. Not just size, but also population. IMO, and in my story, I don't think the total population of Kerbin would be more than maybe a few million, vs Earth's few billions. And most of the kerbals still live underground. This is why my kerbals are so non-militaristic... there just aren't that many of them, relatively speaking, and more than enough space for everyone... so there really haven't been any major wars over land or territory and all that.  So there's no real military, and only a sort of loosely controlled government at all.

However... having said all that... while I'm not planning a full-blown revolution... again, no armies... there are a couple interesting similarities to what happened to Nicolas II... and @CatastrophicFailure... you're not far off either...

I really don't think I should comment further... spoilers!!!

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

stupid mobile editor... speaking of things that need to be dropped out of a Stratowing...

Sooo... after consulting with a couple more very smart people, I've decided it may be best to just start over. Not the story, don't worry...

Never underestimate the power of a negative space wedgie to change the storyverse as needed. :D

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

have to be careful not to make things to... intense...

So... no Emiko Station meets Game of Thrones, eh?  :confused:

Tho I’m curious about that NDA that you obviously can’t talk about. Could you perchance say if it’s a “gentleman’s agreement” or like... official?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

43 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

ho I’m curious about that NDA that you obviously can’t talk about. Could you perchance say if it’s a “gentleman’s agreement” or like... official?

It's an official, 100% legal agreement with @SQUAD that I signed a few weeks ago, and take very, very seriously. I really don't want to say why, but when I say there are things I cannot and will not talk about anymore, I really mean it. I can't talk about them... ever.

43 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So... no Emiko Station meets Game of Thrones, eh?  :confused:

Yeah... you know as well as I it's only because I can't give Emiko her own dragon... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

Yeah... you know as well as I it's only because I can't give Emiko her own dragon... :wink:

I recall a mecha that disagrees with you.

In other news, I don't think anyone has said so yet, so allow me to be the first to congratulate you on joining the Squad team ... in whatever capacity you can neither confirm nor deny being able to describe.  :sealed::wink:

It's an official, 100% legal agreement with @SQUAD that I signed a few weeks ago, and take very, very seriously. I really don't want to say why, but when I say there are things I cannot and will not talk about anymore, I really mean it. I can't talk about them... ever

have-questions.gif

None of which can be answered. :P

So do the next best thing and get her a Dragon 2. Gotta be someone with a worthy mod.  :D

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

In other news, I don't think anyone has said so yet, so allow me to be the first to congratulate you on joining the Squad team ... in whatever capacity you can neither confirm nor deny being able to describe.

OK, maybe not quite that official... Let's call it "volunteer work"... on the side... :wink:

But even if is just on a volunteer basis, I still signed an NDA because... well...

OOoh an NDA? Sounds exciting. Hope whatever spoopy business that deals with eventually becomes a DA....

Could just depend on the stuff though. I am quite curious though considering how close your keeping your cards....

1 hour ago, SchwinnTropius said:

I trust Jim, he'll do us right regardless of NDAs.

Ahhh, nothing has changed. I mean it's no different than how I've been writing this... True, I throw out a teaser or particular juicy screenshot now and then to torture y'all... hehehe... But truth is I never, ever tell any of you squat about what's really coming down the road... which is the way it should be. 

Now it's just a little more... official... and covers a larger range. But nothing different than what I've been doing here for the last couple years.

58 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

The revolutionaries krakens are coming...

I am so terribly sorry... but this is a subject I cannot confirm or deny is quite likely to happen in some form or another... :0.0:

30 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhh, nothing has changed. I mean it's no different than how I've been writing this... True, I throw out a teaser or particular juicy screenshot now and then to torture y'all... hehehe... But truth is I never, ever tell any of you squat about what's really coming down the road... which is the way it should be. 

Now it's just a little more... official... and covers a larger range. But nothing different than what I've been doing here for the last couple years.

Oh, good. :D With some of the more recent, ahem, forum drama, when you said official my mind automatically went to a dark place... :o

For future reference: "through".

On 12/27/2015 at 1:18 PM, AmiableRogue said:

How? I can't even get a ship to Mun, or dock a station, or anything. Tell meh how!

Also, how do you make the red and blue glows? mods?

No. The ability to change the color of lights was added in KSP 0.23.5.

Hey everyone, quick update, I'm about halfway through the rebuild beginning "grind" phase. ETA, maybe another day or three. I just want to make sure the tech tree is filled out without cheating and giving myself extra tech points. I know it would be a simple 2-second persistomance thing... But I'm afraid of doing anything that could cause a potential bug down the road. Once the tree is full I can add the mods back in, and then the Emiko ships, and we should be good to go.

On 3/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, Conric005 said:

I have crash landed a lander near that memorial before! I love the reaction...

You mean the Neil and Armstrong memorial??? lol... :D

On 3/24/2018 at 8:55 PM, HansonKerman said:

Plan Kappa-Gamma-77!

Crossover Part 4.

No.... sadly @Parkaboy has too many real life things going on right now to maintain his own series, let alone do a crossover.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, Just Jim said:

t's an official, 100% legal agreement with @SQUAD that I signed a few weeks ago, and take very, very seriously. I really don't want to say why, but when I say there are things I cannot and will not talk about anymore, I really mean it. I can't talk about them... ever.

Half Life 3: Kerbal Edition

Confirmed 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Conric005 said:

I have crash landed a lander near that memorial before! I love the reaction...

I went there once, after one of our satellites detected an anomaly. I thought it was a monolith but it turned out to be... much more...

Oh, and if you want to see the Elder Kraken come back...then...  anyway...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

All try to knock some sense into Sanny Kerman!

Well, I have an idea.

Remember our friend from another universe?

Spoiler

This is not supposed to be here.

Edited by HansonKerman

Hey everyone, the grind grinds on... wait... what???

No, I'm making great progress re-building the game, but the next few days might be a little nutty. Our roof got pretty tore up pretty good from the hurricane last year, and the insurance company has (finally) given us the green light to get it fixed... so I'm working around that madness. And still waiting on just a couple more mods to update. But all in all things are going good.

Edited by Just Jim

I don't believe it! This is it (so far)! I finally got to the end (so far)! There's so many pages, that feels like discovering the lost continent (spoiler: It's New Zealand, I'm not even joking). Sir Jim, thank you for this story. It's got characters who feel more like dynamic, interesting, and like real people than what I see in a lot of telly shows. It's got the heartwarming bubblyness, just a dab of crispy lovecraftian, affectionate shout outs, astounding feats of Kerbal engineering that actually look nice, a fascinating and developing lore, hoomin beings, and, uh, other cool stuff! So it's a pretty sweet story, it's even got me questioning my disdain towards MLP fans! This story's had me equally giggling, and furiously shouting "NO! BAD VILLAIN! PIPER, 'GIT EM!"

And the whacky comment thread that formed around one whacky author has had me in [some metaphor describing laughter and/or intrigue] many times. Among many things, it got me obsessed with Phineas and Ferb (Did you know Doofenshmirtz was on Shark Tank? Or that he had his own weekly webseries, "Doof's Daily Dirt?"). It's tales and writers like this one, and the zany readers that follow, who are to blame for this game having just about the nicest fan community I've ever seen (and if anybody disagrees, we'll defenestrate them). And I think that in little ways, it's stuff like this that makes the world a more generally wholesome place.

I don't quite have the vocabulary, but you probably get the point that this is a pretty neat novel. Have fun with your future endeavours of mysterious nondisclosureness!

Also, I humbly request to join the general witty / mostly on-topic comment group here. You've got people making overthinking stuff, making obscure references to stuff I love (Alestorm, Discworld, I think somebody mentioned Gravity Falls once?). Heck, I might stand a chance of fitting in.

P.S. - I wanted to post this a long time ago, but I think it's pretty cool that the Kraken aren't all just wearing the evil hat all of the time.

21 hours ago, VelocityPolaris said:

Also, I humbly request to join the general witty / mostly on-topic comment group here. You've got people making overthinking stuff, making obscure references to stuff I love (Alestorm, Discworld, I think somebody mentioned Gravity Falls once?). Heck, I might stand a chance of fitting in.

There are a whole lot of other references too: Scooby Doo, Babylon 5, Firefly, just to name a few. and welcome to the wackiness!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.