The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 hour ago, HeronRocketry said:

Norm Kerman. That’s a great name.

man.... I have to do this now...

"Behold," Thompberry's sinister voice bellowed over the loudspeakers. "My latest creation, the Neo-Organic Robo-Mech!!! bwaahahahaha"

48 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

"Behold," Thompberry's sinister voice bellowed over the loudspeakers. "My latest creation, the Neo-Organic Robo-Mech!!! bwaahahahaha"

Yes, you must do this now. Specifically, I'd like to see Piper's reaction to Thompberry's creation.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

No, the Perfectly Normal Neo-Organic Robo Mechinator! ( but what does neo-organic mean?)

Okay, last time , Ferb is short for “Ferbs”.

11 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

No, the Perfectly Normal Neo-Organic Robo Mechinator! ( but what does neo-organic mean?)

Okay, last time , Ferb is short for “Ferbs”.

I’m seriously considering setting up a poll with these options:

What is Ferb short for?:

Ferbal

Ferbs

Nobody Knows

Might not fit into any of the forums, though...

Edited by HeronRocketry

19 hours ago, Just Jim said:

You do realize now every time Thompberry talks, I will mentally apply Doofinshmertz' voice to him. 

Well since theres no Platypus download I made my own...

screenshot1134.png

Only reference was screenshots in chapter 87.

After a short testing period I found out its nearly unflippable, but I have yet to do a buoyancy test.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

13 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Only reference was screenshots in chapter 87.

After a short testing period I found out its nearly unflippable, but I have yet to do a buoyancy test.

Very nice! 

She should float really well, but don't turn too fast on the water, or you might flip.

The only thing you'll have to watch really carefully is your land speed if you're using the tornadoes. I don't go more than maybe 10-25% throttle, and that's on level ground. It's really easy to get going too fast, and blow out a tire, or worse. I also reinforced and auto-strutted parts of the undercarriage to help hold everything together at cruising speed. Don't be surprised if you blow her up a few times at first... I had to experiment a little to learn how fast I could go, and on what terrain.

Also, if you have problems going up hills, the tornadoes are your best friend... but be very careful... as soon as you hit a peak, or level spot, pull back on the throttle fast, or you'll shoot right over it. Again, just takes a little practice... and the island airfield has a great hill to test it out on.

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Very nice! 

She should float really well, but don't turn too fast on the water, or you might flip.

The only thing you'll have to watch really carefully is your land speed if you're using the tornadoes. I don't go more than maybe 10-25% throttle, and that's on level ground. It's really easy to get going too fast, and blow out a tire, or worse. I also reinforced and auto-strutted parts of the undercarriage to help hold everything together at cruising speed. Don't be surprised if you blow her up a few times at first... I had to experiment a little to learn how fast I could go, and on what terrain.

Also, if you have problems going up hills, the tornadoes are your best friend... but be very careful... as soon as you hit a peak, or level spot, pull back on the throttle fast, or you'll shoot right over it. Again, just takes a little practice... and the island airfield has a great hill to test it out on.

You have proved prophetic. I mean I do have a planet pack, so...

screenshot1142.png

I eventually had to force my way back up, and I did end up flipping, although nothing exploded. There are some spots on the peninsula neck that looks less steep though.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

Sick an, umm... herd? horde? pack? of Poptops on Samantha!

Protector's Broadsword to anyone who knows what I mean.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:51 PM, Just Jim said:

No, seriously, It's not anything bad, but I promised to keep it to myself. And like everyone else, I can't do much more until the landing leg fix drops.

Why not say the wobbly legs are because of the Krakens' mere presence in the Universe messing with its fabric? 

:0.0:

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Why not say the wobbly legs are because of the Krakens' mere presence in the Universe messing with its fabric? 

That's actually not half bad... but then I'd also have to explain why it stopped when the patch drops.

I'm fine waiting for the patch like everyone else. :)

11 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Wait, is this bug the one that caused my mun base’s legs to disappear? Or the one that broke the landing legs on my suborbital flight?

Edited by HeronRocketry

54 minutes ago, HeronRocketry said:

Wait, is this bug the one that caused my mun base’s legs to disappear? Or the one that broke the landing legs on my suborbital flight?

I am not aware of a bug that breaks legs during flight. You didn't have them extended, did you?

This is when a vessel is landed, and some of my larger bases, like the Polar base, and Ike Colony, are dancing around a bit. They'll be fine once the patch drops... just need to be patient.

15 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I'm fairly certain that mention of other star-bound games is heresy.

At the risk of breaking that rule by oblique mention of another such game, that's heresy, not HERESY.

Hey everyone... Quick update. Obviously the 1.4.3 patch dropped, which is great news. Now I can work on safely importing all the Emiko bases into the new game.

And more important, Texture Replacer has updated to 1.4.X!!!! This was the one mod I really, really didn't want to give up... and now it looks like we'll be OK.

Emiko can keep her pink and grey suit!!!!  :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.