The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

5 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Make up chapters on the fly? Why not!

Oh yeah... I do that all the time. Other than sticking to the overall plot, I never know what exactly I'm doing, until I get to that point. Nothing is set in stone, so to speak, so I can add or modify chapters fairly easily. And I'm constantly changing things.

And changing the next chapter a bit will give me an opportunity to explore not just the OPM aspect, but a couple other things Werhner needs to dwell on a little more... ;)

1 minute ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

OK, I'm confused. How did you get the pony heads for the Laytheans? Are they from the KIS fun pack?

It's a mod called... brace yourself... Kerbal Space Ponies... lmao... :rolleyes:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-space-ponies?gameCategorySlug=ksp-mods&projectID=242529

My good friend @Geschosskopf let me borrow the idea from his amazing Travelling Circus Sagas, and continue the "Laythean" legacy.

Truth is, there are no other mods that either of us could find that turn kerbals into another race or species or I would have used that instead.

So for lack of any other option, Ponies became Laytheans.

6 hours ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

Hooray! I've finally finished reading the whole series!

Remember when the baddies were the red saucers? And Thompberry was an actual kerbal, operating the Tower of Power?

5 hours ago, roboslacker said:

Yup. It's been a while since there's been space exploration.

First off, congrats @Ho Lam Kerman!!! That's a lot of reading actually! Hope you liked it so far.

Also, I agree @roboslacker. It's been far too long since we were in space... But even though it might not look that way right this minute, that is where I'm heading... In the next few chapters shifting the focus back off-world, and onto Emiko Station itself.  Just be patient, please, and we'll see the stars again very soon, I promise.

13 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Picoseconds

I remember when I was still quite young, maybe grade 1 or 2. There were a bunch of people on the school bus older than me, and I was talking to them about small measures.

They claimed picoseconds don't exist, because they have a list of prefixes for SI units at home, and "pico-" isn't one of them.

I was right in the end. So yeah.

(Hope I'm not derailing the thread too much)

OK, I'll make everyone a deal... someone get a Tardis, and meet me in this exact spot yesterday, and I promise the next chapter will be done last week... hehehe  :huh:

No, seriously, to answer your question @Ho Lam Kerman, it's hard to say...usually 2-3 weeks, but sometimes longer. The last 3 months... wow, 3 months already... I've been busy with another side-project, so I don't have quite as long as I normally do to work on it. That's why there were a couple really short chapters recently.

This weekend doesn't look bad, so I'm hoping to wrap up the screenshots, and maybe have the next chapter posted in the next few days.

Oh, wow! Check this out everyone... the Emiko Station career game works in 1.4.3!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

I've been building stuff all weekend in a 1.4.3 "Emiko Sandbox" game to do the next chapter... but the more I did, the more mods I ended up adding back in, until I had pretty much all I had started out with before MH came out. So I decided to try the Emiko 1.3 career game, and sure enough, it seems to be working just fine in 1.4.3, and so far I don't think I've lost any ships!!! I need to do some more checking, and make sure everything is still where it belongs and working, but the ones I've checked are OK.

The big one was the Platypus (Anti-Gravipus)... But as you can see, it's floating just fine, right where I left it in the last chapter.

dq7ynTP.png

I had to do a lot of screenshots to insert into widescreens, but those are done. I want to check the rest of my important ships and stuff, then I should be able to wrap the rest of the screenshots up fairly quick.

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

-snip-

Thats great news, but I might tune out for a little bit, for 2 main reasons:

1) Its more exiting for me if I read a bunch at once, instead of a little at a time, which is why every time a chapter comes out i go back and read the last 2-3 chapters as well.

2) I'll be busy with this:

3 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

1) Its more exiting for me if I read a bunch at once, instead of a little at a time, which is why every time a chapter comes out i go back and read the last 2-3 chapters as well.

That's cool!

Remember, there are a lot of other great fan-fiction works here on the forum, so if you want to take a break, or swap back and forth, please feel free to check out some of the other stories.

3 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

2) I'll be busy with this:

Wow, that looks pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm kind of locked into the planet pack I'm using (OPM), or I'd give this a whirl.

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

That's cool!

Remember, there are a lot of other great fan-fiction works here on the forum, so if you want to take a break, or swap back and forth, please feel free to check out some of the other stories.

Wow, that looks pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm kind of locked into the planet pack I'm using (OPM), or I'd give this a whirl.

Btw, it says on the mod page that OPM is compatible with it.

3 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Yes, but TWB appears pretty taxing and since I dont see Jim using scatterer on the stock system...

My computer is pretty much equal to Jim's in... well, just about everything, and I run TWB with no issues at all. OnDemand Loading is the key phrase here.

Edited by Mrcarrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.