The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

Does Gramiko play the flute as well as the piano?

Emiko (Gramiko) can play any instrument she touches. She just needs a few minutes to figure it out. But neither the Sims or KSP has a flute, so I doubt we'll get to see her playing one.

However, I promised a video of me playing a couple... but not as good as Emiko. This is just me screwing around in the backyard a few minutes ago. 

Just now, DeltaDizzy said:

I mean it sounds like you would expect from the picture

Oh, OK... I do have a lot of electronic toys in the closet to make myself sound like pretty much anything from Darth Vader to a Kerbal... lmao...

OK, back on topic... I would give Emiko a flute, if I could, but so far in the Sims she's limited to piano, guitar, and violin, and in KSP there is her guitar, and the piano in one of the crew sections of @Angel-125's Heisenberg mod. I will give her more if they become available.

3 hours ago, Lithobrake said:

I meant station rings, lol

Simple tutorial- should produce something like the ring on Emiko Tower:

Spoiler

Start with a 2.5 M cylinder- I have some batteries because I believe that's what Emiko has- and add BZ-52 Radial Attachment points on the side in 6x symmetry:

screenshot24.png

Put structural fuselages and Mk 1 crew cabins on those attachment points(although, I suppose, it could be any 1.25m inline parts):

screenshot25.png

Use the editor "move" tool to hide the radial attachment points:

screenshot26.png

Add HubMax Multi-point connectors to the ends of those:

screenshot27.png

Now is where it gets a little tricky- add nose cones to the top and bottom attachment points of those HubMaxes and add Rockomax Brand Adapter 02s to the outside ones:

screenshot28.png

Add cupolas to the adapters and Mk 1 crew cabins to the remaining attachment points on the HubMaxes:

screenshot29.png

As you can see, our ring is starting to take shape. But what to do about those gaps? Add Nosecones, of course!

screenshot30.png

Strut as necessary. Note that this is not 100% exact; Emiko had some decorative bits that I really didn't feel like demonstrating.

This has been Space-Station-Ring Building with Carrot. Tune in next time to see me do... uh... something...?

Edited by Mrcarrot

20 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

Nice shirt.

Also flute, but I couldn't help but notice the very sneaky means by which you ensured that your video was on-topic.

hehe... I wasn't really trying to be sneaky, but I did wear it because I'd be posting this on here, yeah... :D

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, OK... I do have a lot of electronic toys in the closet to make myself sound like pretty much anything from Darth Vader to a Kerbal... lmao...

OK, back on topic... I would give Emiko a flute, if I could, but so far in the Sims she's limited to piano, guitar, and violin, and in KSP there is her guitar, and the piano in one of the crew sections of @Angel-125's Heisenberg mod. I will give her more if they become available.

Someone needs to make a extension to add brass instruments.

1 minute ago, The Dunatian said:

Someone needs to make a extension to add brass instruments.

If there was something available in Kerbal-hacks, or a mod like that, I would definitely consider using them. :cool:

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

If there was something available in Kerbal-hacks, or a mod like that, I would definitely consider using them. :cool:

Just Jim, I just watched that video and I have to say you talk exactly like I expected you to from that picture. :sticktongue:

And yeah, if you figure out how it would be great to give Emiko a flute!!!!!

33 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Just Jim, I just watched that video and I have to say you talk exactly like I expected you to from that picture. :sticktongue:

And yeah, if you figure out how it would be great to give Emiko a flute!!!!!

I knew it

I have some contacts that may be able to arrange the flute tho.

On 12/2/2016 at 6:47 AM, Just Jim said:

I've been to NASA here in FLA, not Houston. Never got to meet an astronaut. That would be SO cool!

I saw Bruce Melnick, on STS-41 and STS-49; and Edward Gibson, on the Skylab-4 mission while I was here in the (real) KSC.

7 hours ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

I saw Bruce Melnick, on STS-41 and STS-49; and Edward Gibson, on the Skylab-4 mission while I was here in the (real) KSC.

Wait, is it Throwback Thursday? Or is that just a reply to a post from 2016?

1 hour ago, HeronRocketry said:

Wait, is it Throwback Thursday? Or is that just a reply to a post from 2016?

Perhaps he was reading through the thread and saw a post he wanted to reply to...

I know someone who can build better rings...

Spoiler

1200px-OnionRings.JPG

EDIT: Ok, Ok, I'm lying, I could never make rings that good. I don't even know anyone who could make rings that good.

Edited by TeslaPenguin1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.