The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

hey, anyone reading this, I have a question!

Does anyone know if and/or how to speed up or disable the yellow text you get about halfway up the screen?  The one that tells you what speed you're at, or if you're targeting something.... know what I mean?

Reason I ask is I'm trying to get the screenshots for the next part, and I'm kinda overloading my computer with lights and stuff, which is fine. 
What's a pain is waiting for that yellow text to go away, which in some cases seems to be taking forever, so I can get the shot.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to speed it up or disable it.  I looked in the settings, but didn't spot anything that looks right.  And go figure, the text is the only thing that hangs around when you use F2...

Does anyone know how to make it go away faster? 

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Does anyone know how to make it go away faster? 

Wish I knew. If I get that text in the shot, I usually just try to cover it with a speech balloon, or if it's sky just put a similarly colored rectangle over it and hope no one notices :)

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Wish I knew. If I get that text in the shot, I usually just try to cover it with a speech balloon, or if it's sky just put a similarly colored rectangle over it and hope no one notices :)

rats...  seems like I'm taking more time waiting for that than anything else... 

This next part may take a little longer than I originally estimated.  ;.;

On 1/17/2016 at 7:54 AM, Just Jim said:

hey, anyone reading this, I have a question!

Does anyone know if and/or how to speed up or disable the yellow text you get about halfway up the screen?  The one that tells you what speed you're at, or if you're targeting something.... know what I mean?

There is actually a mod for that.  I saw it several weeks ago while browsing KerbalStuff's new offerings.   Hmmmmm.......

OK, I found it again.  KerbalStuff link:  [Moderator removed defunct website link]

And its forum thread:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117753-105-screenmessagehider-hides-screen-messages-when-f2-is-pressed/

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

There is actually a mod for that.  I saw it several weeks ago while browsing KerbalStuff's new offerings.   Hmmmmm.......

OK, I found it again.  KerbalStuff link:  https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1060/ScreenMessageHider

And its forum thread:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117753-105-screenmessagehider-hides-screen-messages-when-f2-is-pressed/

Oh really?  I'll check them out tomorrow morning, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D

Here's a small excerpt from my "book";

A lot had happened during the last few hours. Kerbol had started setting, a VTOL had finished testing, and a mysterious "Air whale" had appeared behind the runway.

ae1Yz2f.png

No one at the KSC knew what the aircraft was doing there, or how it got there. However, it was decided that the plane was just "too creepy to keep", and that the best course of action was to destroy it. Nervously, Gene ordered Bob and Bill onto the runway to inspect the aircraft and to find a way to dispose of it.

BXbCEaE.png

18 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I NEEEED MOOOOOAAARRR!

Working on it..... maybe tonight, definitely by tomorrow.  Trust me, it'll be worth the wait...  :wink:

42 minutes ago, Dobelong said:

Here's a small excerpt from my "book";

Cool. Do you have a link to it?

OK, I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna get the next part done tonight like I first thought.  ;.;

However, the good news is there was one thing I wanted to do that I was a little concerned I might have bitten off more than I could chew.... wrong!  hehehe 
I got thru it beautifully this afternoon, and have lots of fun screenshots to sift thru.
The rest should be fairly straight forward, just a little time consuming.  Definitely tomorrow sometime.

Little preview of things to come:

Boom.... Boom.... boom, boom.... BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :sticktongue:

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna get the next part done tonight like I first thought.  ;.;

Yeah, very disappointed in you Jim. Good thing there was, you know, an actual space launch today or people would be going nuts. /s :) 

SRSY, looking forward to the boom boom. And wondering when, how, and if you're going to be able to follow up on this story which is "far, far from over." :D 

39 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah, very disappointed in you Jim. Good thing there was, you know, an actual space launch today or people would be going nuts. /s :) 

SRSY, looking forward to the boom boom. And wondering when, how, and if you're going to be able to follow up on this story which is "far, far from over." :D 

OK... I'm gonna share something I was holding out on.
I thought I'd spring this on everyone after part two was finished, but since you ask, now seems an appropriate time.
Everything I've written to this point... everything you all have read....

Was never part of my original idea!!!!!!   bwaaahahahahahaha   :0.0:

All of this so far is just the backstory.... stuff I've been making up to develop the characters and a plot.... building up to the actual story of Emiko Station.
Which, to be honest, hasn't even really started yet!!  :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

37 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK... I'm gonna share something I was holding out on.
I thought I'd spring this on everyone after part two was finished, but since you ask, now seems an appropriate time.
Everything I've written to this point... everything you all have read....

Was never part of my original idea!!!!!!   bwaaahahahahahaha   :0.0:

All of this so far is just the backstory.... stuff I've been making up to develop the characters and a plot.... building up to the actual story of Emiko Station.
Which, to be honest, hasn't even really started yet!!  :sticktongue:

WHAA!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, Andem said:

WHAA!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.....  this is really just the introduction..... 

When I first got the asteroid, I had an idea for a story.  But I needed to introduce and establish characters first.  That's what I've been doing so far.  What I had originally planned has only just now gotten started.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yes.....  this is really just the introduction..... 

When I first got the asteroid, I had an idea for a story.  But I needed to introduce and establish characters first.  That's what I've been doing so far.  What I had originally planned has only just now gotten started.  :wink:

Way to twist the meat hooks in our carcasses.  As I groove on pain, I of course approve :cool:

If i just had the time and read all that fun reports in this Forum... very cool story, good read! :)
Unique crafts and Kerbals :D 25 likes a day are not enough, SQUAD?? HEEELLLLOOOOOO???? :wink:

Edited by Mikki
HEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO?:D

7 hours ago, Mikki said:

If i just had the time and read all that fun reports in this Forum... very cool story, good read! :)
Unique crafts and Kerbals :D 25 likes a day are not enough, SQUAD?? HEEELLLLOOOOOO???? :wink:

Thank you!   I doubt if Squad has noticed... no big deal. 
I don't think I want them screwing around reading my stuff when they have an update to finish... lol...  :sticktongue:

4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I just read all the way through to page 7, really enjoying it!

Oh hey, welcome aboard!  I see you around all the time. Glad you like it so far!

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, Geschosskopf said:

OK, I found it again.  KerbalStuff link:  https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1060/ScreenMessageHider

OK, this is exactly what I needed!! 
I wish I could hit the Like button a half dozen times and send you some more rep!!!  
Thank you!!!

:D

3 hours ago, Mods_o_joy said:

cool comic.

Thank you!  Although at this point I'm wondering if it's a comic, or more an illustrated novelette.

8 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Glad to be of service.

Oh man was this a time saver today! 
I just finished getting all the screenshots together to wrap up part two, and it went much faster. 
Still need to sort thru them all and write everything all down, but that part is easy.

That mod is definitely going in my "can't live without it" folder!!!

Thanks again!!!  :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.