The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

6 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Gasp! (Puff, pant, respire) I just found one of those weird floating boulders... on Rald!

Coincidence? I think not! :huh:

srtz22n.png

Floating boulders are still a thing, right? Are we past tall that? Oh. Crap, I gotta get caught up.

NO NO NOOO! DON'T ALLOW THE UNIVERSE TO GET WAY MORE COMPLICATED!!!

17 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Gasp! (Puff, pant, respire) I just found one of those weird floating boulders... on Rald!

srtz22n.png

Floating boulders are still a thing, right? Are we past tall that? Oh. Crap, I gotta get caught up.

Question: what is Rald?

(if it's from one of the major Kopernicus packs like GPP or GPO then I will post an epic face palm meme)

Well, I definitely have enough screenshots now for two chapters... maybe three... I've just been having too much fun driving around to stop... I've already gone over 2400 kilometers, and I'm really close to a good stopping point. I can easily get there tomorrow... then decide how to break all this up into chapters.

19 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yes, floating boulders are definitely still a thing, and I have a couple new ones showing up in some strange places in the next couple chapters. 

But I've been wondering of anyone else has seen one... Yours one is a beauty! What's the spiky thing in the background? Are you near one of the poles? 

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

But I've been wondering of anyone else has seen one... 

I see them fairly often, along with floating trees and tufts of grass.  Any sort of terrain scatter.  It's just that I've never thought to include such things as a story element, so have always turned the camera to keep such strangeness out of my pics :wink:  Floating scatters seem to occur on or near places with the terrain changes slope, even if the slopes on both sides are pretty gentle.

16 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

(Still, @Just Jim's imagination is hard to comprehend.)

22 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Are you referring to your imagination, or to the comfort level of the padded cell in which it put you? :D 

It's a little off-topic, but do you really want to know what the inside of my head looks like??

Do you??? Really??? 

I warned you...  :0.0:

Spoiler

Edited by Just Jim

18 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, that was the real Chibi, right?  So on topic :wink: 

That's her, yes... so you're right, it was on-topic.... more or less... :rolleyes:

Anyway, totally on-topic, I got even more screenshots done today... building more little layers of details. I only need a couple more hours, but it's really late... so I quit for tonight. I'll definitely be done tomorrow, and start sorting this huge mess of pictures into some sort of order... :)

Check it out... Kerbin has a volcano!  :)

8zFt71P.png

So I'm super thrilled to say I've now traveled over 3,000 kilometers, and finally where I want to be to take a break. I've also got just over 2,500 screenshots to sort and pick through! Obviously I'll chop this down to a couple hundred, but that's still more than enough for 2 or 3 chapters. :wink:

4 hours ago, WintericeUK said:

Yay, more Emiko and co soon then? *does the happy dance* Also, nice to see your a Birthday Massacre fan too, @Just Jim

Yup, I got to see them a few years ago, and actually met Chibi! She's really sweet and funny in person!  :kiss:

And yes, I'll have a couple new chapters in the next few days. I just have to sift through all these new screenshots and put them into some semblance of order first, then I can start writing.

Edited by Just Jim

On 3/7/2017 at 12:06 PM, Just Jim said:

we think the primary buffer panel fell off..."

No, no, no! When you loose the primary buffer panel, you’re supposed to experience some slight turbulence and then explode, not explode and then experience some slight turbulence! You’ve got it backwards! :sticktongue:

sorry couldn’t pass that one up

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:12 AM, Just Jim said:

It's a little off-topic, but do you really want to know what the inside of my head looks like??

Do you??? Really??? 

My God... it's full of stars.

9 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I've never seen any floating boulders BTW....especially any green or red ones.  Busy making craft for something here.

I can't wait to see!

Floating boulders aren't the same thing as the red and green magic boulders. Floating boulders are a game glitch/bug that I hope they never fix... Quite simply the boulder or whatever other ground-scatter object isn't lining up with the ground itself properly, and appears to either float, or balanced in an impossible fashion:

3LcrD47.png

The reason I asked if anyone else has seen them is I'm not sure if it happens on all systems and settings, or only certain ones.

Edited by Just Jim

First, @Just Jim made this post...

On 10/13/2017 at 8:12 PM, Just Jim said:

Do you??? Really???

then he shares this picture...

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

3LcrD47.png

Is there some hidden meaning in there? :D

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I can't wait to see!

Floating boulders aren't the same thing as the red and green magic boulders. Floating boulders are a game glitch/bug that I hope they never fix... Quite simply the boulder or whatever other ground-scatter object isn't lining up with the ground itself properly, and appears to either float, or balanced in an impossible fashion:

3LcrD47.png

The reason I asked if anyone else has seen them is I'm not sure if it happens on all systems and settings, or only certain ones.

That's Bop if I'm not mistaken. Though it could be Gilly. They look a lot alike when you are up close. :huh:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.