The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

16 minutes ago, Torgo said:

Things involving hungry fire ants and orifices and the like?

Oh, easy...

"I say we just take a fistful of acid-ants and shove them right up..." Piper growled, but was suddenly cut-off.

"Piper! How... how could you???" Jandolin yelled into her microphone. "How... How could you possibly do something so cruel to those poor, defenseless ants???"

And the whole Platypus crew broke out in hysterics...

Edited by Just Jim

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, easy...

"I say we just take a fistful of acid-ants and shove them right up..." Piper growled, but was suddenly cut-off.

"Piper! How... how could you???" Jandolin yelled into her microphone. "How... How could you possibly do something so cruel to those poor, defenseless ants???"

And the whole Platypus crew broke out in hysterics...

Okay, that is funny! :lol:

I say to you againe, doe not call upp Any that you can not put downe;
by Which I meane, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you,
whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use.
                                                                                  H.P. Lovecraft, "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward"

Chapter 97
Cry Havoc

"Evac-17 to Platypus. Evac-17 to Platypus, do you read?"

t1A3tIQ.png

It had now been over two hours since Werhner von Kerman called for the KSC to be evacuated. Because of the events at Ground Zero, and the KSC tracking station so many years earlier, KASA had a very organized evacuation plan, and all the personnel were now moving to a safe distance, with the exception of Evac-17, which was waiting as a designated rendezvous point just over 25 kilometers south of the space center.

"Evan-17, this is Platypus," Gem Kerman called back from the cockpit. "I have your beacon on my screens. We are currently passing south of Gilli-gan island, ETA 40 minutes..."

3KcNi4y.png

Sitting next to her, Chibi Kerman looked at Gem in a sort of disbelief.

"What... what did you just say?" Chibi asked in a hushed voice.

"Uhhh... I said we're passing south of Gilli-gan Island..." Gem replied slowly, then smiled. "Oh, that's right... You're not from Kerbin. Gilli-gan was the goddess Minimusea's little platy-kitten... Really cute, but not too bright, and always getting lost.... Chibi... Chibi... what's wrong??? Why are you shaking you head like that???"

"Never... never mind," Chibi shook her head. "I'll tell you later..."

aIvBSeK.png

Above them Emiko and Val were doing their best to stay calm, despite not hearing from Werhner von Kerman for nearly two hours. Two long, long hours... and nothing.

It had actually been a lovely morning... the sun had just risen over the eastern sea, and the Platypus was making good time on the last leg of it's circumnavigation of Kerbin... In the back, the crew was once again engaged in a game it had been playing the last few days...

What to do with the "Acting" Grand Kerbal...

XkOlyLu.png

"I say we put her in the back seat of our newest prototype jet," Theo called out. "And let my sister take it for a spin!!!"

"Only if you make her clean up the mess after..." Gem called back with a laugh.

"Ewwww...." 

"We could strand her on Kokomo..." LoVar volunteered. "Oh, wait... people visit Kokomo... How about Dres?"

"But Captain LoVar," Theo chuckled. "I thought you told me you didn't believe Dres really existed..."

"All the more reason to send her there!!!"

W1rkETp.png

"Oh, how about we send Thompberry after her?" Harfield laughed.

"...and Piper!" Gem chimed back in.

"Piper and Thompberry both???" 

"Why not?" Chibi decided to join in the fun. "There's a saying on Earth: The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

"See, the aliens get it!!!"

uQQHJdt.png

In back Piper just growled. 

"I say we take a big, nasty sea-bug and shove it right up her..."

"PIPER!" Jandolin interrupted with a huff... "Piper Kerman!!! How... How could you??? That is just so... mean.... How could you even think of doing something so cruel to a poor, defenseless sea-bug..."

And the Platypus exploded with laughter.

4HeCxAg.png

But up in front, in the VIP cabin, Val noticed Emiko was growing more and more anxious in the last few minutes... until she finally exploded in a totally uncharacteristic scream!

"Shut-up... Shut-up.... SHUT-UP!!!"

HslHTpK.png

Instantly the Platypus went silent, until Jandolin whispered softly into her microphone.

"Oh, Emiko... We are so... so sorry... We weren't thinking..."

"No... not that.... Shut-up... shhhhhhhhhhhh........." Emiko cocked her head, as if listening to something too far away to hear... "Something's wrong..."

taSW99t.png

Just then Werhner von Kerman's frantic whisper came across the speakers...

"Code 7... repeat... code 7... NOW!!!"

For a second it was pandemonium... the crew all started screaming and crying and calling out in an absolute panic...

o5Udoi3.png

QEe4lsw.png

Only this time it was Thompberry that shouted everyone down as his strange, mechanical voice ripped across the speakers and drowned out the terrified crew.

"Silence... please...."

vtHigWC.png

"Please... my friends... calm down." Thompberry lowered his volume back to normal. "I am currently interfaced with both Kerbnet and the Tracking Station, and there is nothing... repeat... NOTHING on the screens."

"Then why call a code-7?" Jandolin asked, trying her best to steady her voice. 

"My guess, gentle Jandolin," Thompberry surmised. "Is von Kerman still wanted the center evacuated as fast as possible... but why???

h55Qg2A.png

Then the other calls began to come in... frantic... terrified... as the space center began to realize just what the real danger was.... and why they needed to flee!!!

"Oh my Gawdddddessss.... Did you SEE that???

"Sanny??? Oh... Oh, no... you... you're not Sanny!!!!"

"Stay back!!!"

"It's... it's in my mind!!!"

"Ewww... Ewwwwww  I... can feel it.... I'm gonna be sick!"

"Blarffffffff...."

"Doctor von Kerman... It has the DOCTOR!"

"Run Run Run...."

"KRAKEN!"

"KRAKEN!"

"KRAKENNN!"

WK9OPy7.png

It was now 3 hours since last contact, Kerbol had dropped below the horizon, and the familiar shores of home were finally coming into view.

"Platypus, this is Evac-17, we have a visual. There is a small flat area of beach just below our position, we will give you as much light as possible."

"Roger, Evac-17," Gem called back. "ETA 5 minutes."

QR4DIA4.png

4WUg3dm.png

NVJFN6n.png

XNV32Fa.png

Once they were on-shore, Gem powered down the massive tornado fans, engaged the parking brakes, and waited for the evacuation vehicle to descend the small hill it was perched on, and pull up along side the now somewhat battered Platypus.

QlxKRFs.png

fVQy7Vq.png

eoAB4dE.png

As soon as it had stopped, Dr. Linus, accompanied by Walt, Mortimer and Gus Kerman, climbed out to greet the exhausted crew of the Platypus.

jNtGEhw.png

cDCfMu9.png

"Where is Werhner?" Emiko demanded before anyone else could say a word.

"We... we're sorry," Linus said sadly, handing Emiko his K-pad. "This is the last image we have... We think she... it... has him."

NF0dSGW.png

fWsZ6er.png

"And the others?" Val was almost too afraid to ask. "The rest of the personnel?"

"They're safe..." Walt smiled wanly. "Well... sort of..."

"Sort of?" Jeb and Val both asked at the same time. "Explain."

"Well, despite the panic," Mort began. "The evacuation went exactly as planned, and the personnel are to be commended...."

"But..." Jeb looked at him suspiciously.

"But one vehicle apparently broke formation, and is now missing. Evac-22."

NF0dSGW.png

"And just who was on this vehicle?" Val asked, already suspecting the answer, as was Jeb. 

"Alpha squad," Walt replied softly. "Along with Commander Geschosskopf."

"Of course..." Jeb shook his head. 

"It makes perfect sense," Val agreed with him.

"What makes sense?" Dr. Linus looked over. "Do you know what happened to them?"

"They left..." Jeb smiled sadly. "They had to..."

"What? Why?" Linus still didn't understand.

"I know things have been crazy," Val tried to explain. "But think. Just before the evacuation Kerenna and Obney stole a prototype SSTO and spirited Gene into orbit..."

"Linus," Jeb continued. "That SSTO was the newest, most advanced jet we have... and there is no-way Obney could have prepped it on his own..."

"Wait... WAIT!!!" Gus interrupted. "Obney called an emergency drill just before... that little sneak!!!"

"Oh... I see...." Linus shook his head. "The squad... they knew what he was going to do... didn't they?"

"There is no-way they couldn't have," Val said sadly. "And now they're running from my mother..."

"And if Geschosskopf is with them..." Jeb looked at Val hopefully. "They have a chance... Geo is a master at staying hidden... He'll keep them safe."

"But what about Werhner?" Emiko stomped her foot. "Emiko is going in to get him."

cSNaliW.png

"What? No!" Val objected. "Gramiko, I love the professor as much as you do, but this is obviously a trap!"

"So?" Emiko looked her dead in the eye. "First way to avoid a trap is know there's one to begin with!!!"

"Oh, good one!" Chibi smiled. "So we're springing the trap?"

"Yup..." Emiko smiled grimly. "Emiko sick of Kraken things..."

ZAErgZQ.png

"You'll need a driver," Gem said softly.

"What... NO!!!" Jandolin squealed. "You're NOT going..."

"Mother, stop." Gem said firmly. "Just stop... I just drove around the planet!!! Including Ground Zero... Captain Jeb and Auntie-V are needed here, with the evacuees.... Mother... I have to do this!"

"Well, I'm not letting my sister go in alone," Theo began to volunteer, but was cut off but a rock hard voice behind him.

"No... I'm going," Piper said in a voice like granite, then looked over at Jandolin. "I'll keep her safe."

pLRSUAT.png

"Besides," Piper smiled wickedly up at Thompberry. "Someone has to keep an eye on Pickle-Brain..."

"Ahhh, dearest Piper..." Thompberry chuckled back. "If we're going to be poofed... I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with...'

nbQBp6i.png

"I still don't like my baby anywhere near that... that... thing!!!"

"Mother..." Gem said softly. "It's for the Professor.... I have to try and get him away from... it."

I... I know," Jandolin cried softly. "I... I am so proud of you... be safe..."

And without another word she turned and ran to the evacuation vehicle, and climbed inside, before she broke down completely.

"You also be safe," the Rocklady walked over and gave Piper a big hug. "I'll go sit with Jan..."

"And you keep the crew safe," Piper whispered back, then watched as the rest of the crew transferred from the Platypus to the Evac vehicle.

TarJMWh.png

Then the Laytheans climbed out of the Platypus, and Linus looked over in stunned disbelief.

"They... they are real..."

Yes, Laytheans are real," Emiko smiled back.

"Dr. von Kerman said you... encountered... them. But I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I only half-believed it was true..."

QqMbVZn.png

Lg5vtd6.png

But instead of boarding the Evacuation vehicle, the Laythean group walked between the two vehicles and formed a small circle while the last of the crew climbed on board.

"OK..." Chibi shook her head. She and Emiko were the last to board, but didn't quite know what to do about their strange, new friends. "Do we just leave them there?"

"Emiko... doesn't really know..."

IW8LZP6.png

CFGW5ov.png

"I suppose they know what they're doing..." Chibi wondered out loud. "But we can't wait around to figure it out, dear."

"Agreed," Emiko nodded. "Time to save Werhner."

And without further hesitation they climbed aboard the Platypus and strapped themselves in while Gem brought the tornado fans online, headed back into the water, and up the coast towards the KSC.

QKBfKtg.png

FfEQOz4.png

6oqVHZg.png

NppbKkA.png

"I think it best if we stay off the wheels until necessary," Gem called out as they headed up the shoreline. 

"Agreed," Piper nodded.

For the next few minutes no-one said a word, until the KSC... home... finally came into view, and Gem pulled the Platypus back on shore, and headed towards the space center...

PgxGjXc.png

DSnwR1G.png

cJOezTv.png

Up in the VIP cabin Chibi looked over at Emiko.

"Soooo.... Do we have a plan?"

"Nope..." Emiko said grimly. "Get Emiko near her Magic Boulder... then pray..."

For a moment Chibi said nothing, then she began to whisper softly...

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!” he said.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

bAG2JYc.png

All around them was so very still... still as the grave... even the Platypii down at the beach were hidden in their deepest burrows...

Not a sound... nothing.

Gem powered down the tornado fans and slowly drove through the deserted R&D center, until they were finally within sight of Emiko's Magic Boulder... and the two lone figures standing before it.

MopjdIz.png

3pWKFhU.png

gZtdyII.png

KQp2knl.png

vSoEkrK.png

iJkNAMx.png

"No... NO!!!" Emiko screamed as she climbed down from the Platypus and saw the nightmare before her. "LET WERHNER GO!!!"

1rjzn5r.png

7kkQxnn.png

Clearly Werhner was fighting the Kraken Handmaiden's hold with all his might... but to no avail.

Until the Kraken saw a second one of these pathetic primitives walk up and join the hated Emiko...  and it reached out with a tentacle of thought, and probed the second creatures mind for just the briefest of moments...

And recoiled in stunned disbelief and horror!!!

XtA0cqW.png

"Oh, look. I think it remembers me..." Chibi smiled, then called and waved to the hissing Kraken. "Hi!!! Long time no see... you ugly ol' monster!"

YvijccI.png

How... HOW??? The Kraken was totally aghast... That... abomination... the Hive-Queens daughter... here??? Impossible!

Such was the Krakens amazement and disbelief it temporarily lost it's hold on Werhner... and totally ignored him when he ran past it and into Emiko's waiting arms!

if3WhaB.png

3KZCOIa.png

BaiNBdl.png

4aLAXiG.png

3qzcFR3.png

"Oh.... Werhner," Emiko tried so very hard no to cry. "Emiko so scared..."

"I... I know..." Werhner whispered as he hugged tight. "So was I..."

"Uh... guys?" Chibi hated to interrupt, but couldn't tear her eyes from the Kraken, still hissing and snarling and desperately trying to understand..

XdpzsFF.png

A thousand years... It had been a thousand years ago, on an entirely different planet, that the Kraken had been hunting this Princess of Abominations... A thousand years ago when it all came crashing down... all because of this... this... Emiko!!!

"There is some... thing... inside her..." Werhner whispered in horror. "I could feel it... a monster... inside... with her!!!"

"Sanny-ghost?" Emiko whispered back. "Maybe Sanny-ghost or Saffron... or both?"

"I... I don't know..." Werhner shook his head... "The Kraken Lord said she was both possessor and possessed..."

2yox5qj.png

And it was... it was... Possessed and insane... because of this... Emiko!

Then Werhner's vision began to blur... and he began to actually see as the Kraken... and the thing clawing at it... thought back to that fateful night on the Planet Earth...

jm4w7y6.png

It had been just a few days after her Mistress, the Empress of Krakens, learned the true identity of this "Chibi", that she was not only half ET, she was the hive-queens daughter... and an ET princess!!! And the most delicious part... she was completely oblivious to her own identity!

But just as the Empress laid a deviously brilliant trap to draw out the Hive-Queen, this Chibi was rescued by some other unknown power!

Oh, how her mistress raved! And then ordered her Handmaiden to send out her newly acquired thralls and track down the abomination... and exterminate her! But despite their best efforts, the princess had seemingly vanished without a trace.

Then, after a long and terrible fight, the Kraken handmaiden's thralls located and captured Chibi's relative, a human calling itself Nick, and dragged him before her mistress.

X93aftO.png

KVm0VyO.png

The little primitive Emiko was furious, and the Krakens enjoyed watching her scream and protest as they... interrogated... Nick. But much to their amazement, this human turned out to be incredibly resilient, and the Handmaiden was growing exhausted trying to break him. 

She had already made a terrible mistake in underestimating her host... this Badie... when it possessed her. At the time Badie seemed weak and terrified, and a perfect victim.... but the Handmaiden soon learned Badie was anything but weak, or timid... Oh, no... Badie had quite literally clawed and scratched herself up through the ranks of the music industry... an industry that tended to eat it's own young for breakfast... And she had earned the name "Badie" by never giving up, or quitting...

And she was quite literally clawing at the mind of the Kraken now possessing her... and the strain was starting to take it's toll.

"Your efforts are futile..." her master, the Kraken Lord, whispered horribly, drifting in and out of view. "This human will not submit..."

To Emiko the Kraken Lord appeared to be another kind of spooky ghost... and she watched as it drifted over closer to her, whispering behind it's back at the Empress and Handmaiden...

"Your pitiful attempts to break this human begin to bore me..."

MzxBjmL.png

M2nxxPG.png

"Is spooky ghost bored?" Emiko looked over at the Kraken Lord as it drew near. "Emiko bored, too... Stupid Kraken Queen!!!

The truth was Emiko was desperate to do anything to get them to leave Nick alone... and then she spotted a Piano... or something that looked quite like one, in the back corner of the old Raven's Rest church. It wasn't much... but maybe she could distract the Krakens... or annoy them... just enough for them to let Nick go. Anything was worth a try...

"Emiko play a song for spooky ghost," Emiko said as she walked over to the keyboard, sat down... and the old church exploded with sound!!

aozZR7a.png

oYOdVp9.png

What Emiko didn't realize... nor did the Krakens... is that one thing most every house of worship on the entire planet, regardless of religion... One thing they all have in common is their love of music... and this was no exception. High above her head two massive speakers roared to life, and Emiko grinned as she tore into one of Badie's favorite pieces... 

Chopin's Etude Op 10 No.12.... The Revolutionary...

0ec08Qg.png

But then something truly extraordinary happened... the louder and more intense the music got... the stronger Badie grew... as if her spirit was feeding on the music... feeding... and growing stronger... until with a scream the Kraken lost control completely, and Badie regained partial control of her body!!!

"Oh... Oh... it's on..." She hissed at the Kraken Empress with death in her eyes... and they dove straight at her like an uncaged wildcat!!!

MnHLH2n.png

XaoaZi3.png

Emiko immediately jumped up and began to cheer Badie on, while the Kraken Lord watched with some small measure of amusement...

And for a few moments it appeared Badie had the upper hand, and was actually winning...

wGAi1Sl.png

RkQ3rbM.png

But then the Kraken Empress recovered from her shock... and the sky exploded with a thunderous crash, and the entire building was engulfed in bolts of terrible power... all focused on poor Badie!!!

aFOMyj7.png

PLs5g9A.png

"NOOOO!!!" Emiko wailed... But the Kraken Empress just laughed...

"Awww.... was this one your friend???" The Empress scoffed... "Then it might amuse you to know my minion will recover it's strength... once this one is dead!!!"

And she hit Badie, and the Handmaiden still inside her mind, with an even harder bolt... And the last thing the Handmaiden remembered was hearing Emiko's sobs... and the laughs of her mistress... and then terrible blackness...

yI7AetY.png

T2itlPC.png

g0v77e3.png

bK8j5Py.png

Back at the Kerbal Space Center, Emiko looked as if she was about to burst into tears.

"Mein Gotte," Werhner whispered softly. "No wonder you can't talk about it..."

m1kbGfi.png

"Emiko... Emiko... murder-poofed her..." Emiko started crying... "Emiko didn't know... never meant..."

"OK, now STOP!" Chibi suddenly interrupted.

"But..." Emiko whimpered.

"No," Chibi stomped. "We talked about this. What happened was NOT your fault! There was no-way you could have know... Besides, You gave her a chance to go down fighting... I... I think she would have wanted it that way."

Meanwhile the Kraken Handmaiden had just spotted something else, behind Emiko and the Abomination... Such was her amazement with the discovery of the Princess it had almost escaped her notice... Something perched high atop the vehicle they had arrived in... Something... familiar...

A Sentinel!!!

JtQddKd.png

zXE1W27.png

A Sentinel... here? On this primitive rock of a world??? Sentinels were so very rare through out the galaxy... How could there be one here? Did her mistress know of it's existence? Or the Kraken Lord???

No... this... this was too much, and slowly, through the screaming of the monster still inside her, the Handmaiden began to suspect that she, and not Emiko, was the one that had fallen into a trap.

And the handmaiden looked up, and tried to reach out past the howls of the other, and contact her mistress for guidance.

"Oh..." Werhner whispered softly. "This can't be good..."

64BuKy0.png

8Pl9jEa.png

rZr36KW.png

Meanwhile, back at the evacuation rendezvous point, Jeb and Val had been monitoring the situation, but weren't quite sure what to make of it, when Val caught a movement out of the corner of her eye.

"Our friends are up to something," she said softly to Jeb as she saw the Laytheans expand their circle, and slowly raise their arms...

aBrY4Ex.png

zCo4ygs.png

And in an instant, apparently without the assistance of any Magic Boulder, there was a bright flash, and the Laytheans were gone...

d3FLmUP.png

re9nnxG.png

W59DXCY.png

And back at the space center, before the Handmaiden could make mental connection with her Empress, there was another brilliant flash... or rather 6 flashes, and the Kraken suddenly found itself surrounded.... by the worst of enemies!!!!

BaNXlsX.png

rwzT5rv.png

QMkYcGY.png

The Handmaiden looked back and forth, and while it seemed placid on the outside, inside it suddenly began to panic... and the creature inside it howled in glee... and before it could react, the Laytheans... those long thought extinct enemy of the Krakens, focused their combined might... and the Handmaiden howled in agony as it felt it's mind being pulled apart from the inside out!!!

AuP7Cbf.png

8RQniu3.png

STxyCRY.png

HKOueaQ.png

As Emiko, Chibi and Werhner watched in facination, Piper suddenly came runnning up to them, screaming!!!

"Ahhhh.... I... I can see it... in my mind... It's... I can see it!!!"

ZSDuvwn.png

0Kg9elW.png

"What do you see?" Werhner asked, quite aware of Pipers sensitivity to things such as this...

"It's... It's like a squishy Kraken... only in my mind..." Piper tried to put what she was seeing into words. "Those other ones are holding it... but it's not enough... parts... thought-tentacles... are still flailing about... It's... disgusting... and I don't think they can hold it!!!"

"Thought-tentacles???" Chibi had a sudden revelation... "Thought-tentacles!!! Of course! It's a cephalopod!!!"

"What?" von Kerman wasn't familiar with the term.

"Cephalopod... Earth term for a... a Kraken..." Chibi grinned. "And something I learned in school... Cephalopod's have 8 brains!!!"

"That's IT!!!" Emiko suddenly yelled in glee..." Kraken thing has eight brains... and eight minds!!!

And she began to run towards the Laytheans, and the now pinned and howling Handmaiden, as fast as she could.

"Chibi, come on... Emiko knows what to do!!!"

6COoz57.png

puG5PcL.png

feEmpAO.png

By now the Handmaiden was in agony, and the thing inside with her growing in strength, and rage, by the second... and it looked like it's skull was literally being torn from it's head...

And when she felt close enough, Emiko stopped, and yelled over to Chibi...

"Now... PUSH!!!"

And she focused all she had on the Kraken... and felt it flailing about in her mind... and with all her strength, Emiko... GRABBED it!!!

6rQA0oi.png

"Harder... HARDER!!!" Emiko screamed...

"I... I can't" Chibi cried back... "I'm not strong enough..."

"Yes, Chibi is..." Emiko screamed... "Use Magic Boulder... It will make Chibi stronger..."

Ec0Ii6u.png

"Use the Boulder???" Werhner whispered to himself, then had a huge epiphany, and turned to yell back at Thompberry... "Of course!!! Thompberry... They're drawing their power from the Boulder!!! You know what to do!!!"

PG4wMXu.png

But Thompberry had also made the connection, and was already hard at work rerouting systems, and charging his reserve energy banks... and bringing his gravioli emitters online!!!

Oh, yes... After his... revelation... on Bop all those years ago, Thompberry had been quietly working on perfecting a working gravioli emitter... a project not unknown to Werhner... and this time it took only seconds to bring this one on-line... a much, much more refined and powerful version than the one he had used on Bop... and focus it directly on the Magic Boulder.

"Gem Kerman," Thompberry called down. "Strap yourself in tight, my child... I.. I can't say I know what will happen..."

"That's OK, Uncle Thompy," Gem called back up. "I trust you... just take that monster down!!!"

LTc2ekB.png

GcufiWY.png

"Hold on... Engaging emitters in three... two... one... Fire!!!"

The Kraken howled in agony as a monstrous surge of power ripped through the Laytheans... and the alien inside shredded it apart... and after nearly 32,000 years... the Warrior Kraken General that had extinguished entire solar systems... Handmaiden to the Kraken Empress herself...

Died...

And the KSC was engulfed in an emerald inferno that could be seen for kilometers in all directions...

fsplUmi.png

5SrnC4i.png

itpqWXg.png

ClLVG1v.png

eZw5Xls.png

"Evac-17 to Platypus... Evac-17 to Platypus... Respond, please..." Val cried... "Respond... PLEASE!!!"

For several long, agonizing seconds there was nothing... then a weak voice crackled over the speakers, barely audible through the static...

"Evac-17... we're OK..." Gem's voice crackled... "I... I don't believe..."

And the signal went dead again.

As she looked out, Gem saw Emiko, Chibi, Werhner, and Piper, but no sign of the Laytheans... they had apparently disappeared in the psychic blast. The Kraken, or what was left, seemed to be curled up in a ball on the ground... and Gem watched nervously as Emiko and Chibi slowly walked up to it...

6fo3DBH.png

jITgktg.png

zTPxYj0.png

"Sanny-ghost???" Emiko called softly. "Saffron???"

Neither Emiko or Chibi knew quite what to do. The figure on the ground looked like neither Sanny or Saffron... and definitely didn't sound like either of them! She just lie there on her hands and knees, shaking her head back and forth and sobbing... and then mumbling what sounded like complete gibberish to both Werhner and Piper.

But Chibi and Emiko both recognized it, and gasped in amazement...

This sobbing Kerbette was speaking Terran!!!

"No ... No ... No ... haz que se detenga ... haz que se detenga ... por favor ..."

Chibi felt faint...

"I... I know that voice!!!" she barely could breath... "Emiko... do you realize who... who it is???"

"Yes..." Emiko whispered... suddenly putting all the pieces together... Most important... Why she had heard the singing in her mind for the last several days... It wasn't coincidence... It was... was.....

"It's her..." Emiko began crying... "Emiko thought she had murder-poofed her... but she held on... She held on!!!"

And Emiko began singing softly to the terrified Kerbette... in Terran.

"Somewhere over the rainbow way up high..."

Next to her Chibi joined in...

"There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby..."

And then the two began to sing together

"Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true..."

In front of them the Kerbette stopped sobbing, and looked up slowly, while Emiko and Chibi continued to sing to her softly...

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me..."

tvXeccL.png

cfmYJv0.png

"Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh, why can't I?"

o2hpfLy.png

"Where..." the Kerbette tried to get to her feet... "I... Where is this... I... I'm so confused..."

"It's OK" Emiko smiled. "Emiko and Chibi are friends, remember?"

"Emiko..." the Kerbette tried hard to remember... it somehow seemed familiar, but like a dream... "Chibi???"

"Yes... YES," Chibi beamed... "It's Chibi, remember? We were friends... on Earth!!!"

k8dwFW1.png

Behind them Werhner recognized a couple of the Terran words, and suddenly made the connection... and felt his knees grow weak...

"Donnerwetter.. It's her... "

"Who?" Piper whispered back. "If that's not Sanny, or Saffron... then who... oh, wait, you're not saying..."

"Yes... That's exactly what I'm saying..." von Kerman shook his head in amazement. "That's the Earth Human... That's... Badie!!!"

And sure enough, up ahead Emiko and Chibi were laughing and crying and trying their best to explain to the poor, confused Badie what had happened to her... and where she really was...

UNea1QG.png

"So this... Badie... She didn't really poof, but held on and kept fighting that Kraken for a thousand years?" Piper asked in amazement.

"Apparently," von Kerman replied, equally amazed at what he was seeing.

"Wow, now that is a BadS human I can respect," Piper whistled, then turned deadly serious. "But you know they'll be coming, now that we've poofed one, right?

Werhner said nothing for a few moments, and tried to savor the joy he saw in Emiko and Chibi before answering softly... sadly.

"Yes... yes, I know..." von Kerman replied sadly... "We are in more danger now than ever..."

rdye26h.png

Dedicated to my dear friend @Darth Badie... :)

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the strange tale of Emiko, Chibi, and Badie Kerman, is still far, far from over...

Go to Chapter 98
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

My gosh, I don’t know what Shakespeare was thinking, you. Are. A. Writer. Cannot wait for the next chapter and, best chapter yet.

1 hour ago, SchwinnTropius said:

I agree with Hanson, best chapter to date.

52 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Wonderful.

52 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Yet another incredible chapter from one of the best writers on or off these forums.

Really? Awesome!!! And thank you! :)

I'll be honest, I've been working out the little details for months, but it was one of those cases where I thought I had a really good idea, and it made sense in my head, but I was afraid it wouldn't work once I wrote it all down.

I am so glad y'all liked it... :D

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

That was a great chapter! I wonder how Badie will adapt to this strange new world...

We also have to consider how she will get back to earth. If going to kerbin makes you go forward in time, and going backwards does things to your mind like it did to Emiko's, then how will Chibi and Badie get home in 1 (mental)piece?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

That was a great chapter! I wonder how Badie will adapt to this strange new world...

I'm not sure yet... other than it's safe to assume she'll have a much harder time, at least at first, than Chibi did. Chibi appears to have come to Kerbin voluntarily to be with Emiko... But Badie... well... we now know what happened to her... but not how it's effected her mentality... yet. That remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

We also have to consider how she will get back to earth. If going to kerbin makes you go forward in time, and going backwards does things to your mind like it did to Emiko's, then how will Chibi and Badie get home in 1 (mental)piece?

Not sure if it's possible... not without ending up mentally "fractured" like Emiko. I also don't think Chibi would want to go back... for her this is the adventure of a lifetime... quite literally.

Does Badie want to go back home? Again, we'll have to see what happens... Like everything else, I'm sort of making it up as I go along... hehehe.

Badie may have a hard time adjusting, but Emiko and Chibi will be there to help her every step of the way. As far as returning to Earth, if 1000 years had passed for Badie and the Kraken with her then there might not be much of Earth left, especially the Earth she remembers. Of course time moves differently at different places in space so that might prove to not be the case. In any case, Badie is safe with Emiko and the crew.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.