The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

YESSS!!! Just this once, EVERRRYBODY lives! Well, except for the Kraken, but, eh, who's gonna miss her?

Well, as they pointed out, the Krakenfolk might mind a bit, so, er, soon it'll be time for the War of the Worlds musical edition (that actually exists).

Also, sorry for the slight off-topic but it's necessary: Good luck with the dust storm, Opportunity. We're with ya, you tough li'l rover.

EDIT: WAIT a minute, I just remembered that you kinda have a rule against killing characters.

Edited by VelocityPolaris

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Really? Awesome!!! And thank you! :)

I'll be honest, I've been working out the little details for months, but it was one of those cases where I thought I had a really good idea, and it made sense in my head, but I was afraid it wouldn't work once I wrote it all down.

I am so glad y'all liked it... :D

To be honest, that scene with Badie rising while they sing was so great. Haven’t seen stuff that intriguing in normal books I read.

21 hours ago, VelocityPolaris said:

EDIT: WAIT a minute, I just remembered that you kinda have a rule against killing characters.

Yeah... well.... :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

To be honest, that scene with Badie rising while they sing was so great. Haven’t seen stuff that intriguing in normal books I read.

Thank you!

I had planned on using Over the Rainbow for quite a while, which was the reason why I inserted it into some of the more recent chapters leading up to this. But I didn't realize how effective it was going to be with the animator until just a few days ago... and I was really blown away with the results, and how the screenshots weaved in with the song. I was really hoping everyone would like how it came out.

Oh, speaking of... we all need to send a huge thank you to @MrHappyFace for the Kerbal Animation Suite... and to our good friend @linuxgurugamer for adopting and maintaining it... and updating it to 1.4.3.  That mod really made the whole chapter into something special!!! Thank you!!!  

30 minutes ago, HeronRocketry said:

Hrm. I can’t tell where chibi’s home is, but if she has a going away party I feel like they have to sing “Sweet Caroline”.

Flarping dangit. 

I read this catching up on the posts for the day, and then wandered off. I have that song stuck in my head now, thank you very much Heron. 

GAH

Edited by Thedrelle
typo

1 hour ago, Thedrelle said:

Flarping dangit. 

I read this catching up on the posts for the day, and then wandered off. I have that song stuck in my head now, thank you very much Heron. 

GAH

Glad to help! :wink:

I had to suggest it though, it just seems so representative of Chibi, Emiko, and Badie (Maybe).

On 6/9/2018 at 9:08 PM, Just Jim said:

Well, I'm not an expert, but so far I've made a frowny face, kraken eyes... which will be a HUGE time saver not having to photoshop the eyes anymore... a kerbal waving and pointing... and that Kerbal Snatchers animation... that one was the trickiest. Basic stuff, actually, but it's not a terribly complex animator. Not like Lightwave or Maya or a high end 3D package like that. Still, it's working for what I want.

I can try and help you out after this chapter is done, but I'm still figuring it all out myself, so I'm probably not the best to be doing tutorials.

And speaking of the next chapter, I'm at about 90%. I'm gonna sort everything out tomorrow, then figure out what I still need and go from there. I'm a little behind where I wanted to be... but again, I've been teaching myself how to make kerbals frown and wave on command...  ;)

Oh, okay. It's just... I haven't succeeded in doing anything with KASu just yet.

9 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

Hrm. I can’t tell where chibi’s home is, but if she has a going away party I feel like they have to sing “Sweet Caroline”.

Chibi is from a town called Belladonna Cove... which is a weird sort of "Twilight Zone" town that most people can never, ever find, and is not marked on any map... But those that do find their way there never forget... and often never leave. I think I wrote some hints about it's location in the backstory chapters. I'll say this much... I love “Sweet Caroline”, but "The Cove" is much further north. ;)

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Oh, okay. It's just... I haven't succeeded in doing anything with KASu just yet.

Understood. What you saw in that last chapter is what I've done so far. but they're not so much animations as poses. They move, but very slowly, so I can also rotate the camera around and take screenshots from different angles while they moved. Then choose the absolute best screenshots for the story.

I don't want to derail things here more than necessary, so let me get a couple shots tomorrow, with the KASu windows open, then I'll try and pm you sometime over the weekend, and explain best I can what I know so far, OK?

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I don't want to derail things here more than necessary, so let me get a couple shots tomorrow, with the KASu windows open, then I'll try and pm you sometime over the weekend, and explain best I can what I know so far, OK?

Oh, thanks. 

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Chibi is from a town called Belladonna Cove... which is a weird sort of "Twilight Zone" town that most people can never, ever find, and is not marked on any map... But those that do find their way there never forget... and often never leave.

That's... ominous.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, Just Jim said:

On 6/16/2018 at 8:36 AM, HansonKerman said:

Oh, thanks. 

Quick follow-up. I'm having a hard time writing all this down, and having it make sense... plus it's Fathers Day... happy Father's Day everyone!!!  Anyway, I'm doing the dinner thing this evening. But tomorrow I'm going to try and find my computer microphone. Might take a while, I have a ton of music equipment, and some really nice 3-prong mics... and in the mess is one 1/8th inch computer mic... yeah... not really sure where... :confused:

Anyway, the X-box video feature I use to record videos is supposed to support a microphone. If I can get it working, it will be 1000% easier to just make a real short video of... idk... how to make a kerbal wave... something like that, then try and write it all out.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:36 AM, HansonKerman said:

That's... ominous.

That... my hometown... bwaahahahaha   :wink: 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, Just Jim said:

Chibi is from a town called Belladonna Cove... which is a weird sort of "Twilight Zone" town that most people can never, ever find, and is not marked on any map... But those that do find their way there never forget... and often never leave. I think I wrote some hints about it's location in the backstory chapters. I'll say this much... I love “Sweet Caroline”, but "The Cove" is much further north. ;)

So like Nightvale, but not in a desert.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Quick follow-up. I'm having a hard time writing all this down, and having it make sense... plus it's Fathers Day... happy Father's Day everyone!!!  Anyway, I'm doing the dinner thing this evening. But tomorrow I'm going to try and find my computer microphone. Might take a while, I have a ton of music equipment, and some really nice 3-prong mics... and in the mess is one 1/8th inch computer mic... yeah... not really sure where... :confused:

Anyway, the X-box video feature I use to record videos is supposed to support a microphone. If I can get it working, it will be 1000% easier to just make a real short video of... idk... how to make a kerbal wave... something like that, then try and write it all out.

That... my hometown... bwaahahahaha   :wink: 

You’re using the Xbox game DVR to record your video?

I tried that once....the file size was yuge and the video was really choppy....... :huh:

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You’re using the Xbox game DVR to record your video?

I tried that once....the file size was yuge and the video was really choppy....... :huh:

The files are fairly large, yes, but I'm getting fairly decent quality recordings.

Here's a quick one I took from the "Mun Arch" challenge using the Xbox game DVR... It's not super hi-def by any means, but it's not that bad, either.

Hey everyone, something came up I can't really talk about, and I'm gonna be kinda busy the next few days... I'll get the animation suite tutorial video done as soon as I can... and the next chapter, obviously... :)

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone, something came up I can't really talk about, and I'm gonna be kinda busy the next few days... I'll get the animation suite tutorial video done as soon as I can... and the next chapter, obviously... :)

Real life is far more important. Don't sweat it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.