The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 6/17/2018 at 5:27 PM, Just Jim said:

Anyway, the X-box video feature I use to record videos is supposed to support a microphone. If I can get it working, it will be 1000% easier to just make a real short video of... idk... how to make a kerbal wave... something like that, then try and write it all out.

I'm curious why you don't use some other recording software. I think open broadcast software (obs) supports that. Though its probably kinda confusing?

Im curious how it works currently though for you. Do you have the Xbox hooked up to it or something or is it some windows thing? 

45 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Im curious how it works currently though for you. Do you have the Xbox hooked up to it or something or is it some windows thing? 

It's in the Windows 10 Game Bar (Win + G for those who are curious)

12 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Just Jim I have a question for you concerning the story:

Is Emiko a name you made up or is it a randomly generated Kerbal name? Just curious.

Neither. Emiko is named after Emiko Yamane, one of the lead characters in the original 1954 Godzilla, played by Momoko Kōchi.

If you go back to the very first chapter, you'll find this at the end:

When it was finished, Val whispered thru the radio, "Name it Emiko, for my grandmother. When I was a child she told me stories of how she once saw a real Kraken....  She would have so loved this place..."  and she began to gently cry...

I actually had no clue at the time Krakens would play a vital role in the story... That part was a reference to Emiko And Godzilla... to this very scene, in fact:

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

Neither. Emiko is named after Emiko Yamane, one of the lead characters in the original 1954 Godzilla.

When it was finished, Val whispered thru the radio, "Name it Emiko, for my grandmother. When I was a child she told me stories of how she once saw a real Kraken....  She would have so loved this place..."  and she began to gently cry...

I actually had no clue at the time Krakens would play a vital role in the story... That part was a reference to Emiko And Godzilla... to this very scene, in fact:

Oh, interesting!! Your story is chock full of references :cool:

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Neither. Emiko is named after Emiko Yamane, one of the lead characters in the original 1954 Godzilla.

Oh, you and your 50s/60s references!

On 6/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, VelocityPolaris said:

YESSS!!! Just this once, EVERRRYBODY lives! Well, except for the Kraken, but, eh, who's gonna miss her?

The Krakens. Also people like me, who can't stand anything negative happening to characters. Seriously. The MH animated trailer (the part where Bobak takes the poor workers sandwich) made me literally cry.

9 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

The Krakens. Also people like me, who can't stand anything negative happening to characters. Seriously. The MH animated trailer (the part where Bobak takes the poor workers sandwich) made me literally cry.

Um, be careful what you read... I just had something happen to one of my major characters...

I even think I caught @Just Jim a little off guard...

On 6/23/2018 at 7:03 PM, HansonKerman said:

I understand... I have gotten really attached to my characters, and sometimes it's hard for me to hurt them... But at the same time, if they had it too easy all the time, there'd be nothing to write about.

So it's a sort of balancing act... I have to put them in all sorts of situations, sometimes really dangerous... or else there's be no happy endings.

I posted this earlier on the "Writers" thread, but there's no reason not to re-post it here as well. It's a short interview with the master himself, Mr. Stan Lee, and it's very much on-topic, because I try really hard to follow his advice when I write Emiko.

Edited by Just Jim

On 6/23/2018 at 4:03 PM, HansonKerman said:

What about the part where (at the end, when the janitor is sweeping up) the kerbal on the moon is hit by one of the chunks of the asteroid (and doesn't know it's coming until it hits him)

Sorry for being kinda off-topic.

22 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

What about the part where (at the end, when the janitor is sweeping up) the kerbal on the moon is hit by one of the chunks of the asteroid (and doesn't know it's coming until it hits him)

Sorry for being kinda off-topic.

Oh, right.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, Mrcarrot said:

Moar replicas...

screenshot12.png

The only part I couldn't do accurately was the RCS... considering using @SparkyFox's mod to get those old thrusters back... that is, if it has those... perhaps it doesn't.

Edit: Apparently, just dropping the old part files in a newer GameData and changing the name works too... even if it is a little weird

screenshot13.png

I know I'm a bit late, but what part have I missed? the rcs thrusters?
Ohhh ok, I see what you mean, sorry, I honestly didn't relies those changed, i'll push out an update today

Edited by SparkyFox
Wrong quote

Hey everyone. I probably should do a quick update. I'm sorry I haven't been on here much, but I promise, I am working on the next chapter. But this week has been nuts, so it's going slower than I thought. More than anything I'm just trying to think everything out right now. I left a lot of new questions I need to roll around in my head, besides how Badie will recover... questions like how will the "Acting" Grand Kerbal react to this new turn of events??? 

And just where is Sanny the ghost???

Edited by Just Jim

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone. I probably should do a quick update. I'm sorry I haven't been on here much, but I promise, I am working on the next chapter. But this week has been nuts, so it's going slower than I thought. More than anything I'm just trying to think everything out right now. I left a lot of new questions I need to roll around in my head, besides how Badie will recover... questions like how will the "Acting" Grand Kerbal react to this new turn of events??? 

And just where is Sanny the ghost???

Badie is going to be 100% confused for a while until someone explains what is happening to her. The 'Acting' Grand Kerbal will of course say 'it's a hoax'. Sanny has returned to Ground Zero in her normal ghost form as she loves the positive energy.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Badie is going to be 100% confused for a while until someone explains what is happening to her. The 'Acting' Grand Kerbal will of course say 'it's a hoax'. Sanny has returned to Ground Zero in her normal ghost form as she loves the positive energy.

These would be some of the most obvious choices, agreed. But you know me, I have to add in a couple twists somewhere... lol  :sticktongue:

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Ah, such wonderful radiation Positive Energy!

11 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Badie is going to be 100% confused for a while until someone explains what is happening to her. Sanny has returned to Ground Zero in her normal ghost form as she loves the positive energy.

6 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Ah, such wonderful radiation Positive Energy!

Oh, I just gotta do this...

And hidden from prying eyes, Sanny the Ghost sped off to Ground Zero in normal Form, feeling a craving for Positive Energy to "Recharge" herself. Once within 5km of the Deadly Super Fatal Don't Go Here Unless You Want To Be Fried Like A Bug With Heatstroke On An SP-12 Structural Panel zone, she began to glow like a... um... glowstick, and she began playing, just like a little... um... err... Mudkip (it's a Pokémon thing)? Yeah, Mudkip. 

"Wheeeee! Ahh... the positive energy is so completely overpowering! I love it! Wheee!"

And it's probably a good thing that no-one was around to see her, because they would have thought she had lost the few marbles she had.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

These would be some of the most obvious choices, agreed. But you know me, I have to add in a couple twists somewhere... lol  :sticktongue:

But you'll still do my Sanny thing, right? :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.