The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

38 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

And an ominous loading ramp with tons of pointless smoke.

Ambience, bruh, ambiance:D When you’re the fearsome ebil Big Bad, image is everything. You don’t need to magically choke the life out of all your underlings if they’re already afraid of you.

But like the Royal Navy, it helps to shoot choke an admiral from time to time to encourage the rest. :sticktongue:

8 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

It needs big, silly wings. Darth Peoples always have ships with fold-up big silly wings. <_<

I thought about adding the big silly (serve no purpose) wings, But I'm not sure if they're big enough... I'll play around with it more later today. :D

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

And an ominous loading ramp with tons of pointless smoke.

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ambience, bruh, ambiance:D When you’re the fearsome ebil Big Bad, image is everything. You don’t need to magically choke the life out of all your underlings if they’re already afraid of you.

But like the Royal Navy, it helps to shoot choke an admiral from time to time to encourage the rest. :sticktongue:

Agreed! But I'm not sure about the smoke/steam effects.... In the Sims I have all sorts of special effects tools, but KSP I have to embed engines and all that to get good particle effects... again, I'll play around later and see if I can get something that looks cool...

Why not???

Edited by Just Jim

51 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Agreed! But I'm not sure about the smoke/steam effects.... In the Sims I have all sorts of special effects tools, but KSP I have to embed engines and all that to get good particle effects... again, I'll play around later and see if I can get something that looks cool...

Why not???

Well, why not go all out...

Gonna have:

• Kermen in solid red uniforms to be her royal guard?
  • A large formation of Kermen as she gets off the shuttle?

:D I mean, if the goal here is to be totally cheesy sci-fi... it's gotta happen, right?

Hmmm... turns out Big, Silly Wings aren't silly at all...  It's not really Darth's Shuttle, but I really like the look.  :)

fBT7t13.png

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Well, why not go all out...

Gonna have:

• Kermen in solid red uniforms to be her royal guard?
  • A large formation of Kermen as she gets off the shuttle?

:D I mean, if the goal here is to be totally cheesy sci-fi... it's gotta happen, right?

Formation, maybe. I've been thinking of lining up the whole crew... except the current MIA's, of course. Those screenshots take a while, but the KSC is nice and flat, so it shouldn't be too hard.

The red suits... that's a problem. I already considered adding them as well, but right now the senior engineers already wear all-red, so... <_<

No biggie... I already made sure the giant landing gear "Break-Lights" are red, so everything will have a nice red ambient glow. 

Only thing is I'm probably not going to do the steam/smoke effects... This new ship is already getting part heavy... as well as mass-heavy... 

Edited by Just Jim

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

But I'm not sure about the smoke/steam effects.... In the Sims I have all sorts of special effects tools, but KSP I have to embed engines and all that to get good particle effects... again, I'll play around later and see if I can get something that looks cool...

Why not???

Just use a photo-editor program!

2 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. Bye! (Runs)

Like, in some of the chapters with the kerbals that are possesed by krakens, @Just Jim used photoshop to remove their pupils so they looked "kreepier"™© 

Adding smoke would probably be harder.

Edited by TeslaPenguin1

1 minute ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Like, in some of the chapters with the kerbals that are possesed by krakens, @Just Jim used photoshop to remove their pupils so they looked "kreepier"™© 

Oh, okay. As of C097, he uses KASu.

4 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Yeah, unfortunately.

The eye-thing was a fairly easy Photoshop trick that turned out to be an awesome "kreepy"™© effect... lol... 

And @HansonKerman is right, I can use the Kerbal Animation Suite to do the eyes now, which is a big time saver... but custom smoke and flame effects are really hard to get to look right. KSP just isn't that kind of game. In the Sims I have all sorts of things I can literally place on a floor, and when I un-pause it, smoke will start billowing up from that spot. Or flames, or lightning... even bugs... hehehe.... all sorts of fun stuff.

But KSP I'm limited to using small engines or other parts that generate smoke... and they're just not that easy to work with. Most of the time I'm not just setting up hidden engines, I have to position opposing engines off-camera to counter the thrust, or whatever I'm working with will go shooting off-camera...

And even though I have Photoshop... trying to layer or airbrush something in just looks... well... lousy. At least so far. I've experimented with different methods... but they just don't look good enough to use in the game. Not yet.

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

But KSP I'm limited to using small engines or other parts that generate smoke... and they're just not that easy to work with. Most of the time I'm not just setting up hidden engines, I have to position opposing engines off-camera to counter the thrust, or whatever I'm working with will go shooting off-camera...

Kerbal Foundries has a little gas turbine generator that makes a ton of smoke and no thrust, if that helps. Also you can set its throttle. I don't think it has a TweakScale config, but that's a relatively easy thing to hack in.

I was thinking, in keeping with tradition and protocol and all that, of naming her:

The Imperial Eagle

"More like Imperial EGO!" an anonymous voice yelled from the back ranks...

And for a second, even Werhner giggled... :D

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

And @HansonKerman is right, I can use the Kerbal Animation Suite to do the eyes now, which is a big time saver... but custom smoke and flame effects are really hard to get to look right. KSP just isn't that kind of game. In the Sims I have all sorts of things I can literally place on a floor, and when I un-pause it, smoke will start billowing up from that spot. Or flames, or lightning... even bugs... hehehe.... all sorts of fun stuff.

And even though I have Photoshop... trying to layer or airbrush something in just looks... well... lousy. At least so far. I've experimented with different methods... but they just don't look good enough to use in the game. Not yet.

Maybe screenshot the smoke and edit it?

4 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Everyone is missing the obvious solution for smoke -- RCS thrusters.

Also, very funny name.

I'm not home right now... I'm chiming in from my phone. But thrusters could work. I really only need a couple of good steam puffs as the shuttle door opens... I'll check this out tonight, or over the weekend. Thanks

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.