The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

9 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Well, have you entered in the Kerbin Circumnavigation Challenge yet?

The Elcano? No... not yet. I may. I already have the Mun under my belt.

I'm not terribly interested in challenge badges anymore... I already have a bunch. I just do them for the fun.  

Edited by Just Jim

On 6/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, Just Jim said:

I'm really tempted...

Chapter 97 - "Cry Havoc"

yeah... has a nice ring to it... ;)

Just don't spin round in your chair when you say it.  I always thought that that was 'way to hammy, even for an over-the-top Klingon traitor-conspirator-Shakespeare enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

Just don't spin round in your chair when you say it.  I always thought that that was 'way to hammy, even for an over-the-top Klingon traitor-conspirator-Shakespeare enthusiast.

Luckily for both of us, @Angel-125's seats don't spin... lol... :confused:

Truth is, other than the title, I'm not 100% sure what quotes I'll use, or when... I don't really decide for sure until I sit down and start writing. 

Edited by Just Jim

Hey everyone, I need some help with something, please.

I'm looking for a mod... I thought I had an older copy, but I'm not finding it, and I can't remember the exact name.

It's used to "animate" a kerbal(s) on EVA... stuff like making them walk, or their arms move, but much more precise than just the WASD keys.

I've been trying to search for it, but again, I can't remember the name, or how long ago I had it... sorry. It's not super vital, but having some more control than I have right now would be the icing on what's already gonna be a great chapter...

Anyway, does anyone know or remember what mod I'm talking about? One that lets out "Animate" a kerbal in EVA mode?

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

?

YES!!! Awesome, thank you!

And I'm super happy to see @linuxgurugamer is maintaining it! He's a really great guy, and friend, and I know it's in good hands. And I know who to bug if I have any problems... hehehe..... (just kidding)

I probably won't get super crazy with it, I don't need to make movies. I just want to try and get some custom poses for screenshots.

Oh, speaking of... I'm about 70-80% done... but the rest are more involved... especially if I start using this. Probably be a couple more days.

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

YES!!! Awesome, thank you!

And I'm super happy to see @linuxgurugamer is maintaining it! He's a really great guy, and friend, and I know it's in good hands. And I know who to bug if I have any problems... hehehe..... (just kidding)

I probably won't get super crazy with it, I don't need to make movies. I just want to try and get some custom poses for screenshots.

Oh, speaking of... I'm about 70-80% done... but the rest are more involved... especially if I start using this. Probably be a couple more days.

Please don’t make a kerbal dab.....OH KRAKEN no.

:P

1 hour ago, Pretorian28715 said:

Why do people do this.

STOP GIVING @Just Jim IDEAS....

lol just kidding. But pls stop, for the Kerbals sake

@Just Jim should make Wernher punch the Kraken Lord though. That would be awesome.

In @CatastrophicFailure's Shadows of the Kraken one of the kerbals punches the kraken in the face :cool:

5 hours ago, Lithobrake said:

Why is she yawning?

3 hours ago, SchwinnTropius said:

Possession is tiring.

3 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

Do you know how tiring taking over the world is! Of course she is yawning!

Ahhh, you know those Krakens... they get bored so easily... lmao...

No, seriously, that was just a test shot, but I love the "Invasion of the Kerbal Snatchers" look, and while I don't think I'll use that one in the chapter (she's facing the wrong direction) I will use the animation for others.

I think I have the hang of this animation suite, at least for what I want... It's straight forward enough. I think this is gonna work good!!!   :D

On 6/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, Just Jim said:

Ahhh, you know those Krakens... they get bored so easily... lmao...

No, seriously, that was just a test shot, but I love the "Invasion of the Kerbal Snatchers" look, and while I don't think I'll use that one in the chapter (she's facing the wrong direction) I will use the animation for others.

I think I have the hang of this animation suite, at least for what I want... It's straight forward enough. I think this is gonna work good!!!   :D

What! You have to tell me how to work that thing!

Edited by HansonKerman

7 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

What! You have to tell me how to work that thing!

Well, I'm not an expert, but so far I've made a frowny face, kraken eyes... which will be a HUGE time saver not having to photoshop the eyes anymore... a kerbal waving and pointing... and that Kerbal Snatchers animation... that one was the trickiest. Basic stuff, actually, but it's not a terribly complex animator. Not like Lightwave or Maya or a high end 3D package like that. Still, it's working for what I want.

I can try and help you out after this chapter is done, but I'm still figuring it all out myself, so I'm probably not the best to be doing tutorials.

And speaking of the next chapter, I'm at about 90%. I'm gonna sort everything out tomorrow, then figure out what I still need and go from there. I'm a little behind where I wanted to be... but again, I've been teaching myself how to make kerbals frown and wave on command...  ;)

Edited by Just Jim

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well, I'm not an expert, but so far I've made a frowny face, kraken eyes... which will be a HUGE time saver not having to photoshop the eyes anymore... a kerbal waving and pointing... and that Kerbal Snatchers animation... that one was the trickiest. Basic stuff, actually, but it's not a terribly complex animator. Not like Lightwave or Maya or a high end 3D package like that. Still, it's working for what I want.

I can try and help you out after this chapter is done, but I'm still figuring it all out myself, so I'm probably not the best to be doing tutorials.

And speaking of the next chapter, I'm at about 90%. I'm gonna sort everything out tomorrow, then figure out what I still need and go from there. I'm a little behind where I wanted to be... but again, I've been teaching myself how to make kerbals frown and wave on command...  ;)

So hyped for the next chapter.... :0.0:

On 6/10/2018 at 3:14 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

So hyped for the next chapter.... :0.0:

Ya know what??? So am I.  :D

I just wrapped up the "Emiko Backstory" screenshots I'll be using in this chapter, and they're vicious... hehehe. 

I'm gonna sort them out and Photoshop whatever needs doing tonight, then try and wrap up the last of the KSP shots tomorrow. Fingers crossed I'll maybe be able to start writing this up Wednesday. 

This one is gonna be fun!!!  :cool:

Oh... almost forgot... remember all those nasty things y'all were thinking up to do to the "Acting" Grand Kerbal???  ;)

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

remember all those nasty things y'all were thinking up to do to the "Acting" Grand Kerbal???

But what about all those things we thought about that we couldn't type in a family friendly forum? Things involving hungry fire ants and orifices and the like?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.