The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

15 hours ago, greenrolf said:

That's an interesting movie trailer.

4 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Welcome to the forums @greenrolf.

Yes, Welcome to the Forums!

As for that trailer...  It's the original trailer to the original Alien... and funny story. I was 16 when it first came out, and it was the first movie I was old enough to go see by myself... hehe.  Well, not exactly by myself, I was old enough to "Accompany" my little brother. But my parents were less than interested, so we went alone...

Not having any clue what were getting ourselves into... roflamo.... :0.0:

You have to understand, Alien was so ground-breaking at the time. I was quite literally scarred for life... in a good way... can't tell, can ya... hehehe. The very first Star Wars had only come out 2 years earlier, and special effects were reaching new heights... 

And then Alien comes along, and totally re-writes the sci-fi/horror genre...  It didn't just lift the bar, it shattered it to atoms... 

And here I am... 16 years old and already a super sci-fi nut... all alone in a big, dark theater with my little brother... about to get the living Kraken-Krap scared out of us...

It was SOOOOO Epic!!!  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And then, this happened... <_<

Reveal hidden contents

I check the date... It happened 10 years later...

And I found actual footage of the hideous event!!!

(I'm sorry, I know this is off-topic... wait, I'm not sorry...)

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I check the date... It happened 10 years later...

And I found actual footage of the hideous event!!!

(I'm sorry, I know this is off-topic... wait, I'm not sorry...

Hehehe, one of my favorite scenes from Spaceballs! Wait - my favorite scene is right after the beginning credits through the end of the movie! :D

OK, back on topic... more or less.

I came across this earlier today, and I thought some of you might find it interesting.

This is Momoko Kōchi... a.k.a Emiko Yamane, from the 1954 Gojira, and 1956 Godzilla

Yes, this is her... This is who my Emiko is named after, and partially based on, (along with River Tam).

Momoko Kōchi (河内 桃子, Kōchi Momoko) (7 March 1932 – 5 November 1998)

Edited by Just Jim

On 5/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, HansonKerman said:

Doodlebug 1 (Easy) RCS Saucer (RCS craft) None  
Saucer Mothership (a.k.a. Omega-77) 2 (Easy-Medium) Rocket Thompberry Kerman/None  
Kraken Capture (capture of Harfield and Jandolin 3 (medium) Space Cruiser Thompberry Kerman  
Platypus 4 (Hard-Medium) Rover New KASA  
Emiko Shuttle 2 (Easy-Medium) Rocket Old KASA
Tower of Power 3.5 (Medium-Medium Hard, considering that it has embedded "Twitch"/"Spark" engines Ground Base Old KASA
Chariot 3 (medium) Interplanetary Rover Old KASA
First Launch 0 (Super Easy) Rocket What was the original club called, again?
T-rexasaurus 4 (Hard-Medium) None None
Emiko Station 6 (Super Hard)(unless you have a giant asteroid, and then you need to do the modules, etc.) Asteroid Space Station None

KPBS Lab 3 (Medium), launcher, 2 (Easy-Medium), payload/orbiter/lab Space Cruiser I Forget...
Thompberry's Brain-Pod RCS Scaucer 2 (Easy-Medium) Thompberry Kerman
Annabel Lee Airship  6 (Super-Hard) New KASA
Diamondback-class SSTO SSTO 4 (Hard-Medium) Old KASA
Dresperation Starship 3 (Medium) Kuzzter Kerman and his crew
The Nearest Vehicle Rover 1.5 (Easy-Easy-Medium) Old KASA
Alpha-Delta-77 Rocket-powered Explorer 2 (Easy-Medium) Thompberry Kerman
EMP landers Lander/Rocket powered Explorer 3 (Medium) Thompberry Kerman
E M I K O  T O W A H Space Station 2 (Easy-Medium) for payload, 5 (Hard), for launcher/faring Supposedly Old KASA
Thompberry/Duna Station Space Station 4 (Hard-Medium), for payload, 6 (Super-Hard) for faring/payload. Old KASA
Chariot Rover 4 (Hard-Medium) Old KASA 
Tracking Station Destroyer Missile 00 (Unknown) Thompberry Kerman
KASA Rover Shuttle Rover 1 (Easy) Old KASA
Monotreme Airship 5 (Hard) New KASA
New Evac-shuttle Rover 2 (Easy-Medium)    

This is an abandoned project now. If anyone wants to bring it back, do so. (one of the things I can't stand is the font incontinuity

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Sooooo...

I happened to catch a glance of something on a show my wife was watching, which sent me to wiki... -_-

@Just Jim Explain yourself... :sticktongue:

Oh, I remember this! I'll admit several names in Emiko... including Emiko herself...are intentional, but Piper was not. It's an actual game generated name, and I just thought it sounded... feisty. But I do remember not long after I introduced her someone mentioning there was a Piper Kerman on Orange.

Edited by Just Jim

@Just Jim:

You've got it backwards:  Piper Kerman is the real-life person who wrote the memoir Orange Is the New Black about her experience in prison.  The Netflix series Orange Is the New Black changed the name of the lead character to Piper Chapman, but retained Piper Kerman as a creative consultant.

On other subjects, the title of your Youtube reference caught my eye:  Sexy Ladies of Godzilla No. 20.  Never mind the rest of the title; what I'm more curious to know is, how was there enough material for twenty of these?  Is it a statement on the sheer number of people on the cast, or is it more on the number of Godzilla movies out there?

Finally, congratulations on the new job.  I hope your bandwidth can handle downloading all of the experimental versions of KSP that you're going to need to test.  Does this mean that you can suggest things like finally including a 'Don't Show Again' box for every time you take the results out of a Goo experiment, or are you more involved with inside-the-works bug-squishing?

24 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

You've got it backwards:  Piper Kerman is the real-life person who wrote the memoir Orange Is the New Black about her experience in prison.  The Netflix series Orange Is the New Black changed the name of the lead character to Piper Chapman, but retained Piper Kerman as a creative consultant.

OK, my bad. Again, I never really watched it myself, I just remember it being mentioned.

On other subjects, the title of your Youtube reference caught my eye:  Sexy Ladies of Godzilla No. 20.  Never mind the rest of the title; what I'm more curious to know is, how was there enough material for twenty of these?  Is it a statement on the sheer number of people on the cast, or is it more on the number of Godzilla movies out there?

There are  a total of 33 Godzilla movies (so far) all but a couple by Toho Studios. So yes, there were more than enough amazing actresses to choose from.

Finally, congratulations on the new job.  I hope your bandwidth can handle downloading all of the experimental versions of KSP that you're going to need to test.  Does this mean that you can suggest things like finally including a 'Don't Show Again' box for every time you take the results out of a Goo experiment, or are you more involved with inside-the-works bug-squishing?

Thanks... but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to say anything about what I do, sorry.  ;)

Edited by Just Jim

28 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks... but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to say anything about what I do, sorry.  ;)

That's got to make things awkward at the company picnic.

Also, far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if you don't have Secret Agent Man as one of the tracks in your official working background music, then I will be very disappointed.

Also also, since you now have this impenetrable cloak of mystique surrounding you, I shall refer to you as More Than @Just Jim from now on (we can abbreviate it to >@Just Jim if we need to do so).  :sticktongue:

Edited by Zhetaan

19 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

That's got to make things awkward at the company picnic.

Also, far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if you don't have Secret Agent Man as one of the tracks in your official working background music, then I will be very disappointed.

Also also, since you now have this impenetrable cloak of mystique surrounding you, I shall refer to you as More Than @Just Jim from now on (we can abbreviate it to >@Just Jim if we need to do so).  :sticktongue:

Ahhahahaha... It's nothing quite so... enigmatic... but that's hilarious. And I'm a little surprised I haven't used Secret Agent Man either, I love that song...
I do believe Emiko and Chibi need to know this one in the near future.

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhahahaha... It's nothing quite so... enigmatic... but that's hilarious. And I'm a little surprised I haven't used Secret Agent Man either, I love that son

You’re staff now, you can probably change your username at will... -_-

15 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

You’re staff now, you can probably change your username at will... -_-

3 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Yeah, he probably can, right >@Just Jim?

I don't think so... even if I could, I don't think I'm allowed more than one change.

Let's ask the expert... @Vanamonde... if you're out there. Even though I'm working for Squad now, I'm still only allowed one name change like everyone else, correct?

One name change per person. Just Jim cannot change his own name. He does not have admin superpowers. 

And now that y'all have called my attention to this thread, I find that it is profoundly off-topic. Please return to the subject of Emiko Station. 

20 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Sure.... She and Emiko love to play Murder-Poof Mystery... so why not Secret Agent Chibi??? 

5 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Perfect! I'm definitely not just joining in because I don't want vanamonde to think I'm being off topic!

I don't think talking abut Secret Agent Chibi is off-topic. Not so long as it's in the context of the story. We know Emiko and Chibi both love to play "Weird Earthanoid" songs, and they like playing Murder-Poof Mystery... so speculating them performing or playing Secret Agent Man in a future performance, or as a variation of "Murder-Poof Mystery" is fine...

qphmSgI.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think where we were getting really off-topic is my job, and talking about changing my name and all that. I have a different thread about me working for Squad now... and I'm thinking we need to keep these topics separate, and not crossing over into the other thread... did that make sense???

38 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I don't think talking abut Secret Agent Chibi is off-topic. Not so long as it's in the context of the story. We know Emiko and Chibi both love to play "Weird Earthanoid" songs, and they like playing Murder-Poof Mystery... so speculating them performing or playing Secret Agent Man in a future performance, or as a variation of "Murder-Poof Mystery" is fine...

qphmSgI.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think where we were getting really off-topic is my job, and talking about changing my name and all that. I have a different thread about me working for Squad now... and I'm thinking we need to keep these topics separate, and not crossing over into the other thread... did that make sense???

Perfectly... and now since we are back on the topic of the thread... I can't wait to read the next chapter! :D

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I can't wait to read the next chapter! :D

Once it arrives, you mean... :rolleyes:

(that might be a while tho, due to @Just Jim's new job with @SQUAD)

But seriously. I would gladly have @Just Jim work on bugfixing and other squad NDA stuff for Squad than write Emiko. As a matter of fact, I'm jealous of him. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.