The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Once it arrives, you mean... :rolleyes:

(that might be a while tho, due to @Just Jim's new job with @SQUAD)

But seriously. I would gladly have @Just Jim work on bugfixing and other squad NDA stuff for Squad than write Emiko. As a matter of fact, I'm jealous of him. ;)

Hey, @Just Jim and I are friends outside of KSP. And I even owe him a steak dinner next time I'm in Florida. He knows I'm patient and will wait. And I also know he is very busy with his new job. 

And no, I'm not jealous, I'm proud of him and very happy for him, too.

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hey, @Just Jim and I are friends outside of KSP. And I even owe him a steak dinner next time I'm in Florida. He knows I'm patient and will wait. And I also know he is very busy with his new job. 

And no, I'm not jealous, I'm proud of him and very happy for him, too.

Oh, wow, thank you. But I don't need anything so fancy as a steak. I'll make you a deal...  how about just a burger?  But we have to get it at one of the NASA snack bars!!!!  ;)

1 hour ago, Thedrelle said:

a scale of 1 - popovers, how doomed is everyone?

Emiko is the space center's greatest weapon, closely followed by Thompberry. My view is odds are in the Kerbals' hands (plot armor notwithstanding), but at a higher cost than we've seen so far.

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, wow, thank you. But I don't need anything so fancy as a steak. I'll make you a deal...  how about just a burger?  But we have to get it at one of the NASA snack bars!!!!  ;)

Technically, a hamburger is a steak that's been chopped up and squeezed back together (a real hamburger, that is). So it's a deal! I bet it will be a stellar meal!

Catching up on this thread just now, I realized something very sad. This thread, along with Fan Works in general, is one of the only things keeping me visiting the forums these days. From my ongoing KSP burnout, to the mess that is the devnotes recently, to some of the things that have been going on in planet modding lately(my favorite kind of mod to make/use), I only come here maybe 3-5 times a week, and my interest in coming back is declining with each passing day. I'll always fondly remember the 'ranch incident', but I may just stop if the MH/1.5/T2 situation gets any worse. I truly want things to improve, but especially on Tuesdays, that looks more and more like a vain hope...

Edited by DeltaDizzy

2 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Stellar? Seriously? Stellar?

Actually, that's a great groan-worthy space pun! ;) (It's better than most of my space puns, LMAO :rolleyes:)

Yeah, it was like a slow pitch over the plate... and I had to swing at it. And it boldly went where no pun has gone before... :D

On 5/22/2017 at 7:06 PM, Just Jim said:

For a while no-one said much of anything, until the sun began to rise behind them, the coast stretched out before them, and Gem looked over to see her brother stuffing his mouth with veggies and that... blechhhhh.

"Oh, yucky, how can you eat that... ranch.... stuff?"

bEX10Vk.png

"Mmmmffff....." Theo tried not to laugh with his mouth full. "It's good! You really should try a bite."

"Ewww, no!" Gem cringed. "I can't even look at it! And why are you eating in the cockpit, anyway?"

"I'm sorry," Theo said, his voice suddenly lowering, "I'm... I'm just a little freaked out is all. You know I eat when I'm scared"

For a few seconds Gem said nothing, then answered softly.

"Yeah, me too. OK, this one time I'll let you slide." Gem tried to smile. "But try not to get any on the monitors, OK?"

The incident was in chapter 81(above), but the setup was in Chapter 80(below, due to forum quote function)...

On 5/2/2017 at 5:52 PM, Just Jim said:

Theo didn't join his parents, and instead crawled back to the small hydroponics lab to check on his crops.

I2gQk89.png

As scientists, his parents were overjoyed to see him take such an avid interest in hydroponics recently, but they were also a little puzzled by it. What they didn't know was his interest was really sparked when his "Aunt" Emiko made something she said was from Earth called ranch dressing... and began dipping a bunch of fresh, raw vegetables into the stuff, and wolfing them down as fast as she could.

Admittedly, the stuff did look a little weird, but Theo was a Kerbal of science, and always willing to try something... once. And so he picked up a small karrot, dipped it into the weird ranch stuff, and without hesitation popped it into his mouth...

... and it was like his head had exploded with yummy karroty goodness... only so much better!!! Never had he imagined a raw veggie could be so transformed by something so odd looking... These Earthaniods must be a truly enlightened species to have invented something so good! 

Later, after they had worked themselves halfway into a snack coma, Emiko suggested that Theo try and start his own garden on Emiko Station, and in that instant, Theo had a new purpose in life... he would be the first Kerbal to successfully build an orbital hydroponics garden, and he would live on veggies with ranch stuff for the rest of his life!

@TeslaPenguin1

Edited by DeltaDizzy

I remember it like it was yesterday...

On 5/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, Just Jim said:

I hear ya... I'm the same way with mustard... not only can't I eat it, I'm almost to the point of being allergic to it....

And to keep this on topic... you've given me an idea for the next chapter, thanks!  :)

On 8/16/2018 at 12:39 PM, Thedrelle said:

1 - popovers

If 1 is least and popovers is worst, then... I'll replace popovers with

On 8/16/2018 at 2:29 PM, SchwinnTropius said:

Emiko is the space center's greatest weapon, closely followed by Thompberry. My view is odds are in the Kerbals' hands (plot armor notwithstanding), but at a higher cost than we've seen so far.

Emiko with Magikarp scales. Namely, this Magikarp. Although, @SchwinnTropius has a point.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:34 PM, Garibaldi2257 said:

@Just Jim  I think that in this case, you have the wrong Ivanova video.

Or maybe this is better for Emiko...

I think I have said this before, but Ivanova is one of my favorite B5 characters. so tragic in the end.

Edited by Thedrelle
gah, typos

22 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

This thread is really slowing down... ;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.; 

It's ok, though. Remember, @Just Jim has had a big-time life adjustment happen. Once things are balanced out, he will be back... :) I know for a fact he loves writing this story as much as we all enjoy reading it.

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

It's ok, though. Remember, @Just Jim has had a big-time life adjustment happen. Once things are balanced out, he will be back... :) I know for a fact he loves writing this story as much as we all enjoy reading it.

Wait, so if he is seeking balance, could it be said there has been a... great disturbance in the Force? ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.