The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Still, on a scale of 1-Mega Charizard X, (@Mrcarrot's profile), I still think that if Emiko and Thompberry (and maybe the kids) combined power, the Krakens would probably need quite a few Pokéballs and a hiding place.

Yep, both the Krakens and KASA are in equal danger...

but you can't catch a Pokémon that's already been caught!!

On 8/27/2018 at 12:40 PM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

This thread is really slowing down... ;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.; 

On 8/27/2018 at 1:04 PM, adsii1970 said:

It's ok, though. Remember, @Just Jim has had a big-time life adjustment happen. Once things are balanced out, he will be back... :) I know for a fact he loves writing this story as much as we all enjoy reading it.

I'm really sorry... @adsii1970 nailed it. This was so unexpected, and it's changed everything for me.

I don't talk about it much, but I was on disability for the last 10 years... My back is kinda screwed up... and I honestly never expected to be working again. Let alone for the coolest company on the face of the earth. And right now I'm working pretty much from the time I get up until when I go to bed... Not because I have to, but because I want to. I love what I'm doing, and I'm working with the nicest people ever. Seriously.

I have to find a way to write, but it's hard when i'm having so much fun working...

Wow, that really sounds weird, doesn't it??? But that's the problem in a nutshell... I need to find a way to balance everything out.

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I don't talk about it much, but I was on disability for the last 10 years... My back is kinda screwed up... and I honestly never expected to be working again. Let alone for the coolest company on the face of the earth. And right now I'm working pretty much from the time I get up until when I go to bed... Not because I have to, but because I want to. I love what I'm doing, and I'm working with the nicest people ever. Seriously.

I have to find a way to write, but it's hard when i'm having so much fun working...

Just don't overdo it. I'd hate for you to burn yourself out.

We will be here when your ready to jump on the story wagon again. 

Hey everyone...

Just to let y'all know Jim isn't all work and no play, I started work on the next chapter's screenshots today... but I'm going in a different direction for the next chapter or two.

Thinkin' it's time to go back to Earth and wrap up Emiko's backstory... 

Edited by Just Jim

7 hours ago, SchwinnTropius said:

I agree with the above. Let's tie off some loose ends before making Chapter 100 an epic milestone in the Saga. :)

Yeah... I'm not going to be able to do what I originally planned with Chapter-100... not without making chapter 99 about 10,000 words long... I did too many short ones a few chapters back.

However... I had another thought... @Angel-125's Flying Saucer mod opens up a couple intriguing possibilities that I think I may want to explore... so I'm going to hold off what I had originally planned for now.

Instead I'm going to do something different... I'm going to try and do chapter-99 by maybe this weekend. It will be somewhat short, but revealing, and the really hard screenshots are done.

But that gives me just over 6 weeks to wrap up the backstory at Chapter-100 as...

A Halloween/Day of the Dead Poofed Special!!!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... I'm not going to be able to do what I originally planned with Chapter-100... not without making chapter 99 about 10,000 words long... I did too many short ones a few chapters back.

However... I had another thought... @Angel-125's Flying Saucer mod opens up a couple intriguing possibilities that I think I may want to explore...

That there is an incentive for me to complete the Excalibur mothership...

On 9/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, Angel-125 said:

That there is an incentive for me to complete the Excalibur mothership...

Please!!!
I don't how long it will be before I actually use it, but it allows me to explore the one question No-one has yet asked!!!

Also, minor change in plans... As it is right now Chapter 99 is just too short, and feels awkward. So I'm not going to post it. I have enough time, so instead I'm just adding it in and aiming for a massive Chapter 99-Halloween Special...

"Night of the Living Poofed!!!

(We may even get a special-guest cameo appearance,,,..)

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Please!!!
I don't how long it will be before I actually use it, but it allows me to explore the one question No-one has yet asked!!!

That’s ok, I’m not entirely sure when the mothership will be done. Shooting for end of the year at most.

My thought on the question: What is your favorite color? :)

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That’s ok, I’m not entirely sure when the mothership will be done. Shooting for end of the year at most.

My thought on the question: What is your favorite color? :)

End of the year is fine... I don't know if I'll even be ready by then.

And Blue

I've actually gotten used to the massive downsurge. Disappointed, but used to it. Also, I'm excited for: 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, Just Jim said:

Also, minor change in plans... As it is right now Chapter 99 is just too short, and feels awkward. So I'm not going to post it. I have enough time, so instead I'm just adding it in and aiming for a massive Chapter 99-Halloween Special...

"Night of the Living Poofed!!!

On 9/17/2018 at 7:56 PM, HansonKerman said:

I've actually gotten used to the massive downsurge. Disappointed, but used to it.

I know,. And i really miss hanging out here with you all...

The ironic part is I haven't really left... I'm more involved with the game than ever... but unfortunately it's stuff you'll never see.

I am still planning on Halloween... In fact, I'm in a really good mood...  how about a massively huge teaser/spoiler from the next chapter... 

Spoiler

Note: This is the last backstory chapter, and the last chapter using screenshots not from KSP... So I'm going all out and bringing in a 3rd game for a few... Enjoy...

The Great Kraken War!!!

"But what... what are they?" Chibi whispered, still in awe of the dark witches hauntingly beautiful castle. "What exactly are these... things?"

B3lWWaz.png

For several minutes the old witch said nothing, then she sighed, and replied softly.

Thousands of centuries ago, and halfway around the galaxy, a vile races of monsters slithers it's way to the stars... and immediately sets forth to conquer all that would dare stand before them. They have no real name... we only know them as: 

The Krakens

p9eatSe.jpg

In ships the size of a small moon they crossed the vast gulf of space between systems, laying waste to everything in their path. Many brave fools tried to stand against them, only to have their worlds decimated before the Krakens unimaginable power.

WINQsnN.jpg

And for many ages, it seemed if nothing could stop the galaxy from falling to the hideous usurpers.

eVEqiJZ.jpg

Then the krakens made a fatal mistake, and stumbled upon another race just as powerful, and malevolent, as they were... This race has no name pronounceable in our tongue... We just refer to them as... the ET's...

m52j3o8.jpg

0bxvdAJ.jpg

And back then... back then...

The ET's were also at the height of their power... and they fought back... oh, did they fight back...

W20oe6J.jpg

w9K70lZ.jpg

JiV3qVf.jpg

yfiAtqP.jpg

y7mDMWK.jpg

Who know how long that first terrible battle lasted, or who really won???

All we know is the war raged on for thousands of years... across thousands of star systems.

Until it suddenly came to a startling and cataclysmic end.... and to this day no-one knows how, or why...

"But..." Chibi tried to find her voice... "I don't understand what all this has to do with Emiko..."

For an agonizingly long moment the dark witch said nothing, then her voice dropped, almost in awe...

"Beyond all logic or reason... I don't understand how..." the dark witch whispered. "But I now believe... Your companion Emiko...  I now suspect that the Great War... It ended in Kerban Space... Right over Emiko's homeworld!!!"

Edited by Just Jim

Just passing by to create a new direct warp gate from my profile to the thread so I don't have to search my posts for one linked to the thread and then skip to the last page.

And before anyone asks:

I'm not subscribed to the thread on purpose since there's so much talking happening between the chapters. I'd get notified of every new post and I don't want that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.