The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, Pretorian28715 said:

@Just Jim Sins of a Solar Empire? Redemption? I think...

I have not played that in ages....

Rebellion! Very good!
This will be the only time i use it here, but I used to play this a lot, before i found KSP, and I've always kept it in the back of my head to maybe use it here someday to portray the ancient "Kraken War".

18 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

I'm not subscribed to the thread on purpose since there's so much talking happening between the chapters. I'd get notified of every new post and I don't want that.

I totally understand that. This is why I change the title of the thread with each chapter. That way anyone who is not subscribed should still be able to see fairly quick when there's a new one ready..

14 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

@DualDesertEagle There’s actually not much going on in this thread... poor Emiko

Don't worry... I got some done this weekend...

I can't work 7 days a week... ;)

13 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Just Jim How's your work at SQUAD going?

Or is it all under NDA?

Looking forward to the next chapter as always :)

I can't talk specifics, obviously. but I don't think it violates anything saying I really love it... 
I am working with some of the greatest people, ever!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

On 9/27/2018 at 1:42 AM, Triop said:

I wish I had a job like that. ^_^

On 9/27/2018 at 1:45 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Heh, yeah.

Well, I can't deny this was the one time in my life I was actually in the right place at the right time... and I got really, really lucky.

But my understanding is more and more companies are moving to this kind of thing, where many of the people work from home. So while you might never work for KSP,  odds are getting better everyday you still might end up with this kind of job sometime in the future. ;)

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Well, I can't deny this was the one time in my life I was actually in the right place at the right time... and I got really, really lucky.

But my understanding is more and more companies are moving to this kind of thing, where many of the people work from home. So while you might never work for KSP,  odds are getting better everyday you still might end up with this kind of job sometime in the future. ;)

Yup, and that's what I am hoping for... Who knows, maybe I will finish the novel I am working on and just become a writer.

16 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yup, and that's what I am hoping for... Who knows, maybe I will finish the novel I am working on and just become a writer.

From what I've read of what you've written, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting anything published if you do finish it...

7 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

From what I've read of what you've written, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting anything published if you do finish it...

I agree!
In fact, there are several really great authors on here.

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Plot twist - SQUAD ITSELF is the Kraken...and it stole our showrunner.  so the entire universe is slowly being erased, which was it's plan all along!  MWAHAHAHHHHAAAA!

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Just Jim watch out for tentacles.

Ahhahahaha

Warning... tentacles smashing through the 4th wall!!!   :0.0:

7 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I agree!

:blush: I am humbled by both of your opinions of my writing. Thank you both!

@Mrcarrot, had it not been for @Just Jim's encouragement, I would never have started fan-fic writing here. If there's anyone who deserves credit for helping me get started...it is definitely him!

Edited by adsii1970

54 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

:blush: I am humbled by both of your opinions of my writing. Thank you both!

@Mrcarrot, had it not been for @Just Jim's encouragement, I would never have started fan-fic writing here. If there's anyone who deserves credit for helping me get started...it is definitely him!

This is what I'm most proud of... I actually got other people to write!!!  Who woulda thunk it???  lmao...

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

But my understanding is more and more companies are moving to this kind of thing, where many of the people work from home. So while you might never work for KSP,  odds are getting better everyday you still might end up with this kind of job sometime in the future.

I did get an invitation from KSP to join their testing group.

But there was no payment involved, so I declined.

Not that I don't mind helping out, but I'm not signing a legal contract for peanuts.

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

That's what the acknowledgements page of the novel is for.

Or, if you're very impressed, the dedication.

Personally, I'd go for the dedication.

Anyway, somewhat more on topic, how's the chapter thus far, @Just Jim?  Not by any means to insinuate that the writing is my first concern, but is the hurricane season threatening to blow you straight to Oz again?

5 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

That's what the acknowledgements page of the novel is for.

Or, if you're very impressed, the dedication

Nope. Two separate things. The novel I've been working on was started before I began fan fic writing using KSP as a backdrop. @Just Jim was the one who encouraged me to step into the realm of fan fic!

The novel is NOT related to KSP.

9 hours ago, Triop said:

I did get an invitation from KSP to join their testing group.

But there was no payment involved, so I declined.

Not that I don't mind helping out, but I'm not signing a legal contract for peanuts.

Well....

Something I have not told anyone on here...  maybe it's time.

I joined that same group way back in February... I was super honored to do anything, even volunteer, I gladly said yes!!!

And I stayed with them until the job became available a few months later... and when it did, I jumped on it.

Like I said earlier, I was in the right place at the right time...  ;)

Edited by Just Jim

7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well....

Something I have not told anyone on here...  maybe it's time.

I joined that same group way back in February... I was super honored to do anything, even volunteer, I gladly said yes!!!

And I stayed with them until the job became available a few months later... and when it did, I jumped on it.

Like I said earlier, I was in the right place at the right time...  ;)

Hahaha, now I might regret that I've declined the offer.... :mellow:

4 hours ago, Triop said:

Hahaha, now I might regret that I've declined the offer.... :mellow:

Well, honestly, at the time I had no clue the job was going to happen, and I don't want to give the impression that one automatically leads to the other.
But it was really fun, and gave me a chance to really learn a lot. I don't think I can any more than that... ;)

20 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

Anyway, somewhat more on topic, how's the chapter thus far, @Just Jim?  Not by any means to insinuate that the writing is my first concern, but is the hurricane season threatening to blow you straight to Oz again?

This afternoon got a little weird (real life crap) but I'm going to work on it tomorrow. And so far we've had our normal rainy season, but the hurricane hit far north of here. Fingers crossed we don't get any more this year... anywhere.

Edited by Just Jim

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

@Just Jim

You ok after Michael went through? (yes, I know, off-topic... supposedly.  except I think checking to make sure the author is ok is on topic)

I'm sorry, I should have written something. I've just been super busy. Thank you for asking!

I'm down near Tampa, and we only got the edge of it, luckily. It got dark and gloomy and windy... It was weird, you could feel that it was really close, but it didn't get too bad, nothing like last year. I just feel bad for the folks up north, they got hammered.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.