The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Did you make a backup copy of your save?

Oh yes... always  :D

On 9/17/2016 at 5:10 PM, Mjp1050 said:

Hmmm... the dog is named Jebadiah and the professor is named Mortimer. Coincidence?

Mortimer, yes... Jeb, no. Mortimer Goth is a premade character in the Sims.

But I thought Jebediah would be a great name for a big old friendly dog, so I used it  :D

Edited by Just Jim

Why is Emiko already referring to herself in third person already? I thought that was more of a weird side-effect of the warping she'd been through. Was it the cryo-stasis and genetic mucking about that did it, instead?

Edited by Jarin

7 minutes ago, Jarin said:

Why is Emiko already referring to herself in third person already? I thought that was more of a weird side-effect of the warping she'd been through. Was it the cryo-stasis and genetic mucking about that did it, instead?

I think anybody would be seriously messed up after what she's been thru.

18 minutes ago, Jarin said:

I didn't really get into explaining it yet, but it started with this silly helmet:

7jw16kA.png

17 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

You upgraded already?

No, but other than one ship having mod parts, the only mod I think have to worry about is OPM.

I know I said I wouldn't upgrade right away, but the more I read about it, the more I really want to check out some of the new features. Sounds like a really good upgrade. 

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

No, but other than one ship having mod parts, the only mod I think have to worry about is OPM.

I know I said I wouldn't upgrade right away, but the more I read about it, the more I really want to check out some of the new features. Sounds like a really good upgrade. 

Kopernicus probably wont support 1.2 until the release, as per past knowledge, so I wouldnt count on it.

Oh, look at that, another milestone. Sometime during the night this went over 150,000 views. Wow!  :) 
I'm not sure who most of you are, but knowing so many people are reading this, or at least looking at the pictures... lol... makes it so much fun for me!! :D

So I got a lot done yesterday, and I should be able to get the rest today and have the next chapter posted tomorrow sometime.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, look at that, another milestone. Sometime during the night this went over 150,000 views. Wow!  :) 
I'm not sure who most of you are, but knowing so many people are reading this, or at least looking at the pictures... lol... makes it so much fun for me!! :D

So I got a lot done yesterday, and I should be able to get the rest today and have the next chapter posted tomorrow sometime.

Hi Just Jim, long time lurker, first time poster:

It's been a great story and interesting to read for me.  A long-time old SF fan I grew up on Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, and it's been great to see all of the influences in your storyline and you are a good writer.

Your craft designs ( specifically your stations ) have helped inspire some of mine, and encouraged me to explore more of the system than just the near Kerbin system.

Hey everyone... I'm not going to be able to post a new chapter today like I wanted.
I can't really talk about it, but R/L is giving me a really hard time.

Sorry... :(

On 9/23/2016 at 10:05 AM, coredumpster said:

Hi Just Jim, long time lurker, first time poster:

It's been a great story and interesting to read for me.  A long-time old SF fan I grew up on Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, and it's been great to see all of the influences in your storyline and you are a good writer.

Your craft designs ( specifically your stations ) have helped inspire some of mine, and encouraged me to explore more of the system than just the near Kerbin system.

Welcome aboard!  And thank you!  Asimov, Heinlein, and Clarke are three authors I grew up reading, so I suppose there's a lot of them in me. But I can only hope to come close to their level.

And definitely get at least as far out as Jool... there is nothing like watching Kerbol rising over Jool from a beach on Laythe.

On 9/23/2016 at 9:43 AM, Kuzzter said:

Woo hoo! And may you collect many, many more eyeballs in pages to come. Wait, that didn't come out right...

On 9/23/2016 at 10:01 AM, GDJ said:

Halloween is coming, so start collecting. :wink:

Collector of eyeballs... yup, that's different! lol  :confused:

Oh, one last thing everyone... I said thank you when we hit 150,000 to all the lurkers, but I forgot to thank all the regular members and followers!  

I love all of you, too...   :kiss:

10 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

@Just JimAww, thanks. Oh and by the way, the forum says I'm following you, but I've stopped getting notifications when you post something. Is anyone else having this problem? 

I haven't been getting notifications about people I'm following either. Not sure what's up with that... 

23 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone... I'm not going to be able to post a new chapter today like I wanted.
I can't really talk about it, but R/L is giving me a really hard time.

Sorry... :(

It probably is small comfort for you, but I'm sure everyone in this forum is whishing you the best. I know I am. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your Saga, and if it were a book, it would definitely get a place in my all times favourite shelf. 

The way you set up your story is very well done and is just as interesting to read as the Jules Verne books I have been reading especially the book from the earth to the moon maybe have Emiko read that book so she gets the idea that we are silly for thinking to shoot a man to the moon in a cannon. :P:prograde:

Edited by Buzz light fear
Wrong emoji

On 9/19/2016 at 4:47 PM, Just Jim said:

I didn't really get into explaining it yet, but it started with this silly helmet:

7jw16kA.png

Maybe when the helmet translated stuff, it always mixed up "I" with the person's name. She might've heard it so much that eventually she just started talking like that and couldn't stop, even when she got back to the future Kerbin.

Live long and SCIENCE,

TH11

Wait, new emoji?

:funds::rep::antinormal::science::retrograde::antiradial::maneuver::normal::radial::targetpro::targetretro:

Oh, that was all too fun! :D

Edited by TopHeavy11

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.